Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I watched a little bit of Ahsoka and I now know for a fact that Disney will never do a live action thing with the great sith war.

They dare to deny us our goth sith GFs!!!!

I'm very dumb but that thought did just occur to me.

Me they are worried that a bunch of young people will pull up to Batu with the new Star Wars equivalent of the Akatsuki from Naruto? I don't know how but even after all these years the Akatsuki seems to be popular. I never got very far in Naruto. In the manga I only got to about as far as when Shippuden starts.

I'm telling you if the inquisitors had looked cooler (they look lame both in rebels and in the live action shows, but do look sort of cool in the video games) they may have been more popular and you would be see people like that.

That is all

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Those offers are actually cheaper than what the mail says.
Probably some currency conversion fuckups in the mail, but the 9€ offer is actually 7,50€ and I guess the 8€ offer is actually 6€.
(Also don't wait too long, cause the offer should expire before the Choice drops, just make sure to take a look at the date in the mail)
You are right! It was actually 6.50 euro, think I will bite!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Really tempted to refund my YuPlay Starfield just to buy it where they send you the code before the 1st.
I'm fairly sure they will send it in time, but ehhh, not great waiting for a thing you know is available on other stores.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
So I mentioned in the Apple thread that I was looking for promotion, and elsewhere I said that my current department had become a hellscape.

Well, I’ve managed to land that promotion! Nice big pay raise, and the work looks easier with less responsibility. Can’t wait!

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
They literally can't pay most people to do this, but expect actual good games to do it for free?
This is basically an admission that nothing they've done has worked so far, and they can't justify flushing more money down the toilet that is their online store.

• This!
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
This is basically an admission that nothing they've done has worked so far, and they can't justify flushing more money down the toilet that is their online store.
This definitely has circling the drain energy about it.

Expect the free games to stop soon. And the coupons. They’re gonna squeeze on all fronts while trying to right the ship, and then it will capsize anyway.

Even if you don’t have anything against Epic, I wouldn’t buy anything on their store because they could kill it at any moment.

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
So I mentioned in the Apple thread that I was looking for promotion, and elsewhere I said that my current department had become a hellscape.

Well, I’ve managed to land that promotion! Nice big pay raise, and the work looks easier with less responsibility. Can’t wait!
Congrats

• Comfy
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

woohoo, congrats man! :blobhug:

• Hug
Reactions: C-Dub

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019

Congratulations. Leave the hellscape behind and don't look back.

Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Has GG.deals stopped tracking CDKeys ?
I couldn't see Starfield Premium or Armored Core a couple minutes ago.

Yeah, I asked for a YuPlay refund. I still believe them when they say I will have my Starfield key for the 1st, but I'm not a charity. If they can't send their key at the same time as other key sellers it's on them.
It's one thing to be later than official key sellers, but being behind CDKeys ? Yo, that's a new low.

Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Congrats!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Cdkeys Starfield and bonus keys were delivered two days ago with no issues.
They send just 1 key for the game + premium + pre-order bonus, right ? Any way to be sure I have everything ?

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
They send just 1 key for the game + premium + pre-order bonus, right ? Any way to be sure I have everything ?
From GMG I got 2 keys in total: 1 for the Premium edition and 1 for the pre-order bonus.

When I check my licenses in Steam it shows 2 separate items as well:
20 Aug, 2023Starfield - PreorderRetail
20 Aug, 2023STARFIELD DIGITAL PREMIUM EDITIONRetail

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

What the actual fuck. Mary Kirby was one of the few remaining writers they had that were there from the beginning, and created some of their most beloved characters.

I was the biggest BioWare fanboy for the majority of my life... but I have no faith in them as a company now.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It's funny looking at the whole console war thing and people complaining about no 120fps on consoles for AC6.

First and foremost this is the first time that Fromsoft have done a game beyond 60fps and we still don't know if it breaks stuff somehow. They also likely capped it for a number of reasons. I'm guessing that on consoles it can go over 60fps but maybe it's not always at 120fps (maybe it's closer to 90fps or something and I'd image that most TVs that people are using don't even support that)

Reactions: Alexandros

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
They also laid off Lukas Kristjanson, a writer who has been with BioWare since the original Baldur's Gate. He has a bronze statue commemorating his 25 years with the company.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
It's funny looking at the whole console war thing and people complaining about no 120fps on consoles for AC6.

First and foremost this is the first time that Fromsoft have done a game beyond 60fps and we still don't know if it breaks stuff somehow. They also likely capped it for a number of reasons. I'm guessing that on consoles it can go over 60fps but maybe it's not always at 120fps (maybe it's closer to 90fps or something and I'd image that most TVs that people are using don't even support that)
They're just stupid. There's only a handful of 120 fps games on console at all, mainly on Xbox.

They're over-expecting what a $500 box can do

Reactions: thekeats1999

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
NMS Echoes update is out
This is a big update!
-2 new multi-tool types, one of which you build yourself and can customize its appearance
-An entirely new alien race and language to go with them, plus procedural missions with unique rewards to go with them
-An entire set of new appearance customization options based on that race
-Freighter combat that requires you to knock out their engines so they can't jump away, trench runs ala the Death Star, giant missiles you have shoot down
-Power management for your Starship
-New story missions
-A new expedition all about exploring/cataloguing shit
-And much more!

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
This is a big update!
-2 new multi-tool types, one of which you build yourself and can customize its appearance
-An entirely new alien race and language to go with them, plus procedural missions with unique rewards to go with them
-An entire set of new appearance customization options based on that race
-Freighter combat that requires you to knock out their engines so they can't jump away, trench runs ala the Death Star, giant missiles you have shoot down
-Power management for your Starship
-New story missions
-A new expedition all about exploring/cataloguing shit
-And much more!
The only thing this game needs is aliens to go up against tbh. The pve gets boring real fast.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
They first send the pre-order premium key, then few hours later appear the bonus content key.
Game and bonus are two different keys and don’t appeared at the same time. Just check time to time on reveal your key.

Don’t worry you will get both keys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dandy and lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

It lists the romantic preference for all of the companions - most are none, but there are 2 straight options for male and female, and one female character who is bi/pan. There is no male bi/pan/gay option though. What the hell, Owlcat?

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Has GG.deals stopped tracking CDKeys ?
I couldn't see Starfield Premium or Armored Core a couple minutes ago.

Yeah, I asked for a YuPlay refund. I still believe them when they say I will have my Starfield key for the 1st, but I'm not a charity. If they can't send their key at the same time as other key sellers it's on them.
It's one thing to be later than official key sellers, but being behind CDKeys ? Yo, that's a new low.
Fanatical sent them right early as well, after my CDKeys order was rejected. It was even cheaper due to more up to date exchange rates.

If not I would've gone with GreenMan Gaming.

I was the biggest BioWare fanboy for the majority of my life... but I have no faith in them as a company now.
You an me both. Mass Effect 1 is close to being my favourite game of all time. I just couldn't believe the things they were doing to ME and DA and people called me many things for even suggesting they were down a terrible path with some of these decisions even back then. This level of mismanagement has been decades in the making. We can blame EA and Bioware and heads of studios, etc... but it's a bit moot now. They are deep in a hole, with one single chance to make it out, and I just don't see it.

Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.