Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
looks like SEGA decided the filthy poors don't get to enjoy their games anymore (Sonic Superstars here, but also like 2 or 3 recent pre-orders that went up are all missing in the same countries), at any price point:

and speaking of regional pricing - here's what Bamco are doing now (Tekken 8):

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Caught up with the Gamescom ONL show and it was pretty good. Not a lot of new things but a good amount of gameplay/updates were shown.

And Rebel Moon looked very crazy/ambitious. Will definitely check it out.

I hate that wide blurry edge lens tho. Snyder did the same with Army of the Dead. It all feels like you are watching some long dream sequence instead of the actual present movie.

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Wow, Denuvo somehow found a way to make Unreal Engine games even more terrible on PC, somehow:
Denuvo Unreal Engine Protection and Integrity Verification features deliver the next level of game security.

Who even asked for this? The Unreal Console Unlocker tools are only really used for single-player games that have barebones in-game options (like not being able to disable motion blur or chromatic aberration), and for stuff like photo mode. The only people modifying game binaries for Unreal are the ones that want to mod in PlayStation prompts or not make games using that engine zoom in on ultrawide monitors (in the case they're using a custom game instance where you can't just use a config tweak to change it). These games were already dogwater for me (and many others) on PC, and I got tired of having to make fixes for them when most of them share the same issues. It likewise doesn't have great C++ documentation (especially for plugins), which is why I stopped using it in my own personal project.

Like this is genuinely scummy for single-player games, and any game that uses it will be on my instant boycott list.

In other news, and to rub salt on the wound, I'm glad that Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is using Unity (without IL2CPP at that), is open for modders (and have outright said there's a dedicated channel for that on the developer's discord server), and has a PC port that doesn't require mods to function decently. It's also a pretty fun game to boot. I don't want to cite "game engine wars", and I know there's some people that will find my comments on Unity to be egregious (Even if I've seen way more shovelware with Unreal), but man, as someone who exclusively used Unreal until just recently, I'm tired of how bad of a state the engine and the games that use it are usually in.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I just want to chime in to say that PureDark can fuck off with his onlyfans model of modding
Thats not what modding Is about and its the most disruptive thing the modding scene has seen in the last 20 years
Also can get wrong people from publisher/dev side looking at mods... like Dota 2 thing some weeks back.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I ordered this monitor:

It's the only one I could find with VA display, 1440p, 10-bit color, low response time and GSYNC-compatible.
I just hope the 31.5" size isn't too big for me.
Ive buyed 3 AOC monitor and they've always been a pleasant surprise. Panel quality, reliability, functionalities and even for the amount of port available on them. Currently rocking their AG353UCG, It still drop my jaw when HDR kicks in

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Taking the question of other forum

How much playtime per week you perceive as healthy and normal as working adults?
  • 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
Even without relationship or kids, I can barely must 8 hours per week. My job is really demanding...
How is it for y'all?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

How much playtime per week you perceive as healthy and normal as working adults?
  • 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
Even without relationship or kids, I can barely must 8 hours per week. My job is really demanding...
How is it for y'all?
My work week never exceeds 40 hours/week. I have a family and kids got their activities, I might get 11-15 hours/week

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
I'm lucky to have a nine to five job and 3 days a week remote work from home. So even after cooking, supper, loading the dishwasher and spending time with my wife and daughter, I can spend about 2.5 hours a day on gaming or watching TV.

The actual playtime a week depends on many other things: social activities, the weather, new seasons for a show I like etc.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
Around ten hours, maybe more. Im lucky that my GF doesn't mind me playing BG3 on my steam deck in the morning, I get up earlier while she wants snooze a long time, gives me perfect opportunity to get some gaming in.:)

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
I only play during commuting on weekdays so around 1 hour per day. then 2-3 hours per day during weekends. Good enough.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
Depends on the week, mood and how much you are hooked to the game. But I would say average 6-10. Spouse and 1 kid here.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Wow, Denuvo somehow found a way to make Unreal Engine games even more terrible on PC, somehow:
Denuvo Unreal Engine Protection and Integrity Verification features deliver the next level of game security.

Who even asked for this? The Unreal Console Unlocker tools are only really used for single-player games that have barebones in-game options (like not being able to disable motion blur or chromatic aberration), and for stuff like photo mode. The only people modifying game binaries for Unreal are the ones that want to mod in PlayStation prompts or not make games using that engine zoom in on ultrawide monitors (in the case they're using a custom game instance where you can't just use a config tweak to change it). These games were already dogwater for me (and many others) on PC, and I got tired of having to make fixes for them when most of them share the same issues. It likewise doesn't have great C++ documentation (especially for plugins), which is why I stopped using it in my own personal project.

Like this is genuinely scummy for single-player games, and any game that uses it will be on my instant boycott list.
I'm not really worried about it. Denuvo for Switch also seemed a big deal but no game used it. This will end up being the same. Lately Irideto seems to be releasing press releases every 2 months about some new "revolutionary technology" but nothing is actually coming out. This smells like desperation just like that "too many gamers see denuvo as the devil :, ( " interview
I feel like even publishers are realizing how much the denuvo services cost (both in money and bad publicity) compared to the gains (literally nothing)

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm not really worried about it. Denuvo for Switch also seemed a big deal but no game used it. This will end up being the same. Lately Irideto seems to be releasing press releases every 2 months about some new "revolutionary technology" but nothing is actually coming out. This smells like desperation just like that "too many gamers see denuvo as the devil :, ( " interview
I feel like even publishers are realizing how much the denuvo services cost (both in money and bad publicity) compared to the gains (literally nothing)
Irdeto want a product that is more tightly interweaved into a game so the developer/publisher continues to pay (or delist the game from sale).

Encrypting an exe is easily reversed once the publisher decides they’ve had enough of paying for Denuvo on that game. Semi-permanently fucking the game files is a bigger undertaking to remove if you decide to stop paying.

Rather than being an infinite money stream for Irdeto, I suspect if games use this, they will eventually vanish from stores once the developer/publisher doesn’t want to pay for it anymore.

So a disaster for preservation and people’s libraries.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
What I perceive as healthy is any length of time that does not cause you harm, which is purposely vague since it's individual.

I can maybe squeeze 2 to 3 hours a night after everyone goes to bed, maybe a smidge more if I want to sacrifice sleep :ripblob:. When WFH, I can maybe squeeze upwards of an hour during lunch. All told I maybe play 10 to 15 hours a week most weeks unless I am completely engrossed in something.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
Like any other hobby, the correct answer would be ‘the amount of time that doesn’t overlap with other responsibilities’

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

• 1 - 5 hours
  • 6 - 10 hours
  • 11 - 15 hours
  • 16 - 20 hours
  • 21 - 25 hours
  • Over 25 hours
--
How is it for y'all?
Usually my steam recent activity for the past 2 weeks hovers around the 20 hours or so, but that doesn't include FFXIV (which I don't have on steam), and since lately I've been playing FFXIV for at least 1 hour each day (more on the weekend), I'm guessing around 16~20 hours per week? Maybe slightly more?

Status
Not open for further replies.