Community MetaSteam | August 2024 - What a peaceful moment in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that companions can change their gear. I know the deluxe edition comes with gear for them. Even in that trailer it shows Neve in 2 different outfits... Even her hair changes in one of the scenes -- it's up in one, and down in another.
Ah, maybe I was paying too much attention to the other stuff and being too nitpicky about the blood & water stuff, I hope it just ends up being because it wasnt like "ingame" ingame and it was cinematicy

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just a public service message. The Borderlands movie is so terrible... I lasted for 30 minutes. What was I thinking going to that movie... Thankfully, I am allowed to see Deadpool 3 again in a few minutes due to the staff being nice. Thanks cinema staff, fuck you Randy.
Did you watch it for 30 minutes and then asked for your money back or how did the whole process work?

The only time I have ever gone to the theater and watch some one storm off (and potentially ask for their money back) was for one of the Hobbit movies. I think it was the second movie. The people who left even dressed up in some kinda cosplay as well for the movie.

Speaking of movies, for those in the US.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Been playing this the past month and having a blast. I'm not even that big into RTS genre anymore but this was very relaxing and fun. Its not just an RTS game it has a bunch of colony sim and resource management in it too. The game is surprisingly polished for an EA game too. This was gamepass so even more props for not having too much issues. I had like a brief freeze during an autosave but outside of that it has been smooth.

I haven't gotten deep with it when it comes to building armies and invading/dealing with neighbors but all the other stuff has been great. The farming and gathering is really strategic in this. You are always on your toes and doing everything possible to prevent your people from starving. There is a big skill tree and everything which is gonna be worked on during this early version.

I went down the colony sim rabbit hole on steam for a bit. And surprisingly I haven't been able to find many similar games like this. At least not ones that are visually ambitious with these chill sim and survivor mechanics. There is Farthest Frontiers but that is also an EA game. But the closest thing I found seems to be Anno 1800. So that is a title I will keep my eye on in the coming sales. I already own Anno 2205 on Uplay so I might dive into that some day too but this late medieval style period has its own charm so I don't know about this futuristic shit.

But anyways yea Manor Lords is really good and I recommend it to anyone a fan of these type of games. And when it becomes content complete the full release will be a must have.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Did you watch it for 30 minutes and then asked for your money back or how did the whole process work?

Yes, It was a quiet night. Walked to the front desk and told them the movie was terrible. They could not offer a refund but I was free to pick any movie to watch that had not started yet.

Ooh I would love to see Paprika on a large screen.

Last edited:

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Got Game Pass for a month to try out Dungeons of Hinterberg, The puzzles are well-designed. Honestly I would have paid for the game instead if it is not available on GP right now. Going to attempt finishing it within the month.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Removed licensed music
Removed the Art Style
Removed the presentation

Lollypop Chainsaw is becoming a strong contender for the worst rerelease ever

such a weird release, honestly. Why would you not want to work together with Suda 51 and just listen to what he wants for this title
EDIT:
looking it up, there's a chance the comic book look is still there under an "original mode" setting. The licensed music removal is sadly understandable if they don't have enough of a budget to afford it. Hopefully easy to fix that on PC, would just involved asset swaps, depending on how it's implemented

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yes, It was a quiet night. Walked to the front desk and told them the movie was terrible. They could not offer a refund but I was free to pick any movie to watch that had not started yet.

Ooh I would love to see Paprika on a large screen.
I watched it for the first time earlier this year in theaters and it was cool, especially that opening scene.

I also watched Inception earlier this year again since it was being shown in theaters and while I can see how Paprika was the inspiration for Inception I still think they are two very different movies. My issue mainly being how you have people that are weebs saying "paprika did it better". When they were both doing stuff differently, after all one of them is what Paprika is with the experimental device that that lab is making and how people are misusing it. And the other is Inception which is more of a crime thriller take on the movie.

One issue that I do have with Inception is the song Time, I'm still not sure how that is somehow one of Han Zimmers most popular songs on Spotify. If anything I associate the song "Non, je ne regrette rien" more with Inception then I do Time. Which is funny because if you watch Interstellar the corn field song is just AMAZING!!!! But yet with time I just felt like I didn't really notice the song. Also speaking of songs, The Girl In Byakkoya is such a catchy song, the only other song that gives me a similar vibe to that one is While the Earth Sleeps from the Stranger Days movie.

Also in Inception it's a dream within a dream within a dream that leads to limbo, with Paprika it's a dream within a dream that is able to inverse itself. So I guess they meet half way and then go in different directions? For that aspect of the movie anyway.

Reactions: thekeats1999

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Valve has been working on a Half-Life or Half-Life 2 remake. That fake Black Mesa site from a couple weeks ago looked kind of amazing. Plus the McVicker vid so it seems like something is gonna happen soon.

It makes sense for them to do something this crazy and it honestly wouldn't even be that crazy since so many devs have been remaking games from that era. The remakes with new engines would pave the way for an eventual Half-Life 3 too if it brings in a lot of $$$ for Valve. And lets be real...it would bring in a lot. So all this shit just makes sense.

It probably won't happen but that Alyx team had to of been cooking something these past 4 years. If its not a new VR game then this is the thing it would be. They have to the new tech to pull it off and a remake(s) would draw in so many new (and) old fans.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
What it feels like not caring about Silksong

Yeah I don't get it it's just another indie metroidvania, there's 9 million of them to pick from. I gave hollow knight a legit shot years ago and could only make it a handful of hours before the boredom got the best of me. The incredibly dull art style doesn't help things there.

• Toucan
Reactions: QFNS

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
After 10h I am at 33% in PoP The Lost Crown. I didn't enjoy playing game this much in a while. And I can't say how happy I am that game works amazing on Deck.
Yeah it's an amazing game to play on the Deck. I'm at 39% now, but I'm playing without any guidance options and at hard difficulty. Definitely the best metroidvania since Hollow Knight.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
While playing "Chain of Memories," I noticed my Xbox controller randomly disconnecting, with the light flashing as if unconnected.
Then I noticed the same thing happened while playing Zenless Zone Zero.

I assumed the bluetooth drivers or something got borked during the latest windows update I did (yesterday). The last time that happened I had to format my PC because no matter how many times I tried to fix it nothing worked except a clean install.
Today I was somewhat surprised though, the option to reinstall the current version of windows while keeping files and software installed fixed the issue, in my experience this kind of things never work, now the problem seems gone

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I really need to buy a new controller at some point. The rubber or whatever on the left stick on mine has started to deteriorate and it's bad enough already that I can see it, not just feel it.
Though I guess it would be cheaper to just buy new thumb knobs/stick covers or something. Not exactly made of money at the moment.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I really need to buy a new controller at some point. The rubber or whatever on the left stick on mine has started to deteriorate and it's bad enough already that I can see it, not just feel it.
Though I guess it would be cheaper to just buy new thumb knobs/stick covers or something. Not exactly made of money at the moment.
8 Bitdo Pro 2 is pretty nice. Even has Hall Effect thumbsticks, which should help with longevity. They are not super cheap, but controllers tend to be a bit pricey.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yeah I don't get it it's just another indie metroidvania, there's 9 million of them to pick from. I gave hollow knight a legit shot years ago and could only make it a handful of hours before the boredom got the best of me. The incredibly dull art style doesn't help things there.
Its really not that many metroidvanias releasing these days. Steam usually gets one really good one every year and maybe 2-3 additional solid but forgettable titles on top of it. But there is nothing on the scale of Hollow Knight in recent years. Nothing that is anywhere near as content rich either.

Not to say Silksong will be just as large and ambitious but its a good chance it is with how long its taking them to release it.

Anyways I still bet on Silksong coming as a Switch 2 launch title. Wouldn't even surprise me if they already have some backdoor deal with Nintendo to market the game once the Switch 2 is revealed.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Its really not that many metroidvanias releasing these days. Steam usually gets one really good one every year and maybe 2-3 additional solid but forgettable titles on top of it. But there is nothing on the scale of Hollow Knight in recent years. Nothing that is anywhere near as content rich either.

Not to say Silksong will be just as large and ambitious but its a good chance it is with how long its taking them to release it.

Anyways I still bet on Silksong coming as a Switch 2 launch title. Wouldn't even surprise me if they already have some backdoor deal with Nintendo to market the game once the Switch 2 is revealed.
Maybe I should give it another try but in the 5 hours I played it didn't seem that different than any other metroidvania I played just a bit more obtuse with its map design.

Status
Not open for further replies.