Community MetaSteam | August 2024 - What a peaceful moment in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Embracer boss says 'volatile' PC and console business is the 'bad guy'
Wingefors reiterated the overall business is performing in line with expectations, but suggested the PC / Console segment remains a "volatile" proposition–especially when compared to other businesses such as board game maker Asmodee.

"Asmodee is a fantastic business to own from the perspective of you're always very stable in the deliverance of your numbers," said Wingefors during an investor Q&A.

"The mobile business is the same. The PC / Console guy is the 'bad guy' because it's a bit volatile. But I'm very confident and excited about the future outlook of that business as well–especially now post-restructuring."

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Remember my post on Grindstone? I defeated the "final boss" of the main campaign (weird that they are not in the achievement list) today, watched the ending, re-entered the game and a completely new campaign with at least over a hundred levels just showed up.

You know what, I paid less than three bucks for this game goddamnit.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'll be honest, I don't see the appeal. Other than pretty graphics it looks like a cheap imitation of other better games that released previously, like Sekiro or one of the many stylistic action games out there like DMC.
Still you can't argue against those numbers and even if looks is all it has the people have spoken and they want that stuff.

Dec 5, 2018
I'll be honest, I don't see the appeal. Other than pretty graphics it looks like a cheap imitation of other better games that released previously, like Sekiro or one of the many stylistic action games out there like DMC.
Pretty graphics + big chinese AAA + one of the most well know chinese characters. I admit that i expected it would be big, just not THAT big

Edit: according to a post in the other place, It has sold +4.5M copies of which 3M are on steam.

Reactions: lashman

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I wonder if there are going to be more Wukong themed games or cameos in the future based on these sales.

Higher up execs going like we need to capitalize on this monkey guy!

Incoming Monkey Queen gacha

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Incredible success for Wukong. We might be witnessing a turning point in the games industry, it seems that chinese developers are ready to take on the big boys.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I wonder if there are going to be more Wukong themed games or cameos in the future based on these sales.

Higher up execs going like we need to capitalize on this monkey guy!

Incoming Monkey Queen gacha
Ideally china would just buy things without having to be pandered to. That's something that's always rubbed me the wrong way with them. Like wukong's results show that they have the potential to turn out for any game they want and boost its sales massively but unless it's something with a china level or chinese mythology or history they don't care that much. That's not to say they don't buy games at all but they're not adding multi millions of sales to most games like they could.

Reactions: DrShrapnel and QFNS

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021

A lot of us thought nothing would top Palworld but damn Wukong is going hard.

EDIT: I just saw curiousBystander's post and now I want to delete mine out of shame.

Just to add something else to this post I've been playing a lot of Deadlock. It's pretty fun and wildly different from the standard MOBAs with hopefully a decent enough playerbase to last. I'm really hoping it doesn't go the way of Artifact and Underlords.

Last edited:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Ideally china would just buy things without having to be pandered to. That's something that's always rubbed me the wrong way with them. Like wukong's results show that they have the potential to turn out for any game they want and boost its sales massively but unless it's something with a china level or chinese mythology or history they don't care that much. That's not to say they don't buy games at all but they're not adding multi millions of sales to most games like they could.
I guess. I haven't played it personally but the recent Spiderman games don't seem all that interesting but it sells because it's Spiderman. You're selling to all those Spiderman fans. Videogame players + fans of the comic books/movies. It's a big moment for them. It's something all of them can get behind. Where Dragon Quest would potentially be that for Japan.

Japan doesn't have the numbers that China does via their citizen count/region size.

I also think they would buy a lot of other games too but they're not available in their language. I often see Chinese people in Steam forums asking for a translation in a lot of games. So it's not a lack of appeal. Maybe not multimillion appeal but the demand is there.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
2.2 million is fucking impressive.

A pure singleplayer game too. I mean come on. I don't even think a Half-Life 3 would do those numbers.

You would need multiplayer or co-op from western games to do those type of numbers. A L4D3 could maybe pull it off.

Like even if Witcher 4 or Elder Scrolls VI have 95+ metacritic they probably don't hit 2 million lol.

GTA6 at launch would definitely do it but that game will be bought for the multiplayer as much as the singleplayer so it really doesn't count and wouldn't be as impressive as Wukong imo.

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Just a PSA for those with NVidia cards and freesync/gsync monitors, lately in games where low frame compensation activates, the LFC behaviour has been pretty erratic sometimes for me, for example in a 30fps game it was varying between 47Hz and 80Hz or so, resulting in alot of flickering. I also had flickering happening sometimes in 60fps games.

It's possible that this may be only happening on some monitors, but reverting to the late June drivers, version 556.12, fixed the issues for me.
Only did a brief test, but so far I don't seem to be having this issue anymore with the driver that released today (version 560.94).

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Curious if Rockstar finally does RDR1 PC here at ONL.

They still feel like one of those devs who don't give a shit about dropping trailers at events like this tho.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I still haven't played BL3 or that Tiny Tina game.

Never a bad time to turn off your brain and play those type of games I guess. I will check them out tho I have several Destiny 2 expansions for that brain off backlog I need to get around to as well.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looking at Borderlands 3 looks like it still did pretty good on Steam despite all the EGS shit. Over 130k user reviews @ 85% positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.