Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Lol Xbox got 3 first before 1.5 2.5 2.8
So, what?

I'm just saying what will happen, 3 was confirmed to release at the same time as PS4 so it was clear that first collections would not make the way to the system before 3 release, however, PC is a totally new territory for the saga and they can pretty much release them at whatever order they want.

If anything, they will probably milk PC users as much as they can by selling first the remasters (which not that many will get) and 3 + DLCs as the last release for maximum profit, we will see.

Reactions: Cordelia

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
It is super confusing, but that is because they messed up the wording. For instance, I have "paused" because I don't want the December Choice, and what is written is that I am skipping the "January 2020" bundle. In your case, are you sure you have not bought the December Choice for which the automatic billing date is on the last Friday of December?

Ok so after this Choice bundle if you then pause can you change your mind and unpaus
once the games for the next month's bundle are revealed and get that bundle?

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Come to think of it, if I had the disposable income I could see me buy the biggest baddest GPU and "only" put it on a 1080p display, but with the highest refresh rate possible. I'm not picky about fps but that must be something to behold. Well, anyways, the point is moot :thinking-blob:

Edit - Not picky, but Star Wars is breaking me little by little. My 970 is throwing up its guts. Still not lowered the settings, I'm, opinionated.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
For Shadow of the Tomb Raider, try out DX12 mode even if you have an older card. Usually DX12 runs worse on my 970, but in this case the avg. frame rate is noticeably higher. I capped mine at 50 fps I believe, and it sticks to that pretty much most of the time at medium settings.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ugh, SotTR does what I hate the most in games, collectibles in linear games where you can't backtrack. At least in the previous games you could go back and get anything you missed, or at least I like to remember you could?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Neowiz hosted a livestream about DJMAX RESPECT V and answered a bunch of questions

• Respect V will have an Early Access discount and anyone who owns Tapsonic Bold will get an additional discount. Base price will be around PS4 version,
  • The collaboration DLC will come to PC but not at launch because of contracts and porting.
  • Base Game will include every song the PS4 version had at launch and a few new exclusive songs
  • V stands for Versus because of the heavy focus on the new online/competitive modes that aren't on the PS4 version.
  • Developers were trying to choose between making a PC or Switch version and chose PC instead (Thank god). Switch version might happen after V leaves early access
  • Portable 3 (Portable and Respect play differently) could come to PC? (Translation is really strange hard to tell exactly what it means)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ugh, SotTR does what I hate the most in games, collectibles in linear games where you can't backtrack. At least in the previous games you could go back and get anything you missed, or at least I like to remember you could?
Are you certain you can't go back ? That sounds like incredibly stupid game design.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'm pretty sure you can go back, even to one of the first areas. I was worried about that as well when I started, but I looked it up and people were saying you can get 100% completion even if you missed things early. Once fast travel is available, there should be a way to jump there.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Aaah I'm in the jungle in SotTR and feels like home again.:D

Are you certain you can't go back ? That sounds like incredibly stupid game design.
Yeah I agree! One of the reasons I hated Last of Us.XD

I'm pretty sure you can go back, even to one of the first areas. I was worried about that as well when I started, but I looked it up and people were saying you can get 100% completion even if you missed things early. Once fast travel is available, there should be a way to jump there.
Aaah super. Yeah might have been the same in previews games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just discovered this rhythm game:

I downloaded it through igg-games as I had no idea if I would like it or not (I do it at times if Im skeptical) and it's so fun.

Wishlisted in a heartbeat. Will get it on the first sale it's on. Even at just 10%.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Wait, is Van Helsing Final Cut the 3 games put together or is it a completely different thing?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The best part is that a lot of money is generated thanks to user data, so that the "free" stuff that users get in exchange has little value in comparison.

Internet company: "Give me your data and I will give you $1."
End-user: "Awesome. Thank you so much for the free money!"

Repeat with a million users.

Internet company: "With data from a million of users, I can run a business to make a profit of 100 million dollars. I will evade taxes, of course."

Government: "You evade taxes, you ruined our local business economy, and you have successfully hampered democratic processes. That is enough."
Internet company: "Too late. I am too big."
that's capitalism™, baby

Hmh regional pricing on humble, that will mean higher price for Europeans right?
most likely, yes

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Hm, I got Tomb Raider from the monthly and thought definitive meant all DLC.
But I just read here earlier that's not the case. Checked what DLC I miss and there are 3 large story DLC it seems.
Don't care about cosmetics, gear, weapons etc. but when it's stuff like that, I find it harder to play it. FOMO

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Just discovered this rhythm game:

I downloaded it through igg-games as I had no idea if I would like it or not (I do it at times if Im skeptical) and it's so fun.

Wishlisted in a heartbeat. Will get it on the first sale it's on. Even at just 10%.
DJMAX Respect is a better game by the same developers thats coming to PC on the 19th btw

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Wait, is Van Helsing Final Cut the 3 games put together or is it a completely different thing?

I think the first comment explains the differences well enough.

EDIT: Didn't see bob's comment, whoops :whistle:

Reactions: inky

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
DJMAX Respect is a better game by the same developers thats coming to PC on the 19th btw
Yeah, it's how I discovered Tapsonic, checked the devs Steam page.

Gonna try the VR version as soon as Im done with Asgard's Wrath.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Already been done better, that barely looks interactive, unlike this old indie bad boy.

It has a muslim alternative too, "the making of a prophet" with great new features like:
- Hugging the opposite sex can produce a family that you have to look after!

And that first one got a 2D edition for mobiles just last year apparently, lol.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder if devs/pubs is under any contract/will be allowed to say how much the Steam version of a game has sold compared to the EGS version when the EGS exclusive has been released on Steam.

Like, if Hades topps EGS lifetime sales in the first week/days of the game release, is Supergiant allowed to, like, Tweet that out?

I don't think anyone of you knows any of this, just my thoughts.

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
I understand why someone might want Valve to "take a stand", but they have to understand that Valve is representing thousands of developers who might not otherwise have access to the Chinese market and whose said access might be the difference between profitability or shutting down. If Steam gets hard banned in China then everyone on the platform will suffer, and Hong Kong certainly won't benefit.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I wonder if devs/pubs is under any contract/will be allowed to say how much the Steam version of a game has sold compared to the EGS version when the EGS exclusive has been released on Steam.

Like, if Hades topps EGS lifetime sales in the first week/days of the game release, is Supergiant allowed to, like, Tweet that out?

I don't think anyone of you knows any of this, just my thoughts.
no chance

and even if they could (which i'm like 99% sure they can't) - they probably wouldn't anyway

wouldn't want to burn any bridges when they make another game after Hades

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
you could buy the complete season since release of the first episode :p

See i stopped paying attention to it ages ago. Looking at that price, ill hold off a bit. Too many other games i want more. Looking at you Terminator: Resistance, and Halo.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
See i stopped paying attention to it ages ago. Looking at that price, ill hold off a bit. Too many other games i want more. Looking at you Terminator: Resistance, and Halo.
aww, shame :(

but DO get it eventually and play it ... you won't regret it, i promise

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
aww, shame :(

but DO get it eventually and play it ... you won't regret it, i promise
Im just hope my wife and i dont end up in the 'no max/chloe, no good crowd' because i want to give it a fair shake while also totally fanboying and wanting more of them

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Im just hope my wife and i dont end up in the 'no max/chloe, no good crowd' because i want to give it a fair shake while also totally fanboying and wanting more of them
i hope so ... because the story in this one is simply incredible ... so well written ... and imho way better than the first game

Reactions: Dandy
Status
Not open for further replies.