Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Game save manager restoring your custom Steam banner settings is godsend. Otherwise I would've probably forgotten and no way I was doing that again.

Reactions: xinek and lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
A bit confused about the HB Choice

This is my subscription status

Apparently I'm on classic plan

But I can't choose the games.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
A bit confused about the HB Choice

This is my subscription status

Apparently I'm on classic plan

But I can't choose the games.

It's the same as the old bundles. You paid before your billing date to gain access to the Early Unlocks. But know there will be no more Early Unlocks, you pay now and get the games you choose. Or, you can wait till your Billing date and choose them then.

Reactions: Cordelia and Wok

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ironically the fake leak with Hands of Fate 2 got me to play the first game again.
I didn't really like it back then since it looked like it had only a very basic story-and I'm very much a story over mechanics person most of the times-and each round was just random.
But it finally clicked and I realized I was looking at it completely wrong. Yeah the main story is super basic, but the game is essentially a collection of sidestories.
A lot of encounter cards unlock follow-up encounter cards if you clear them correctly, so basically questlines.

The combat is still pretty bad though.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So the Intel 660p does not come with a M.2 screw. My mobo did come with some screws but I have no idea where those are at..... Welp.... I'm going to try to look around and see if I can find them otherwise I will need to spend $5 or so to get a M.2 mounting kit.

I guess I will not be using my PC for at least a week or so
Oh and if I can't find the M.2 screws then I will feel very dumb since I payed an extra $1 to get my PSU faster and well that will not matter now since I will need to hook up M.2 as well.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So the Intel 660p does not come with a M.2 screw. My mobo did come with some screws but I have no idea where those are at..... Welp.... I'm going to try to look around and see if I can find them otherwise I will need to spend $5 or so to get a M.2 mounting kit.

Oh and if I can't find the M.2 screws then I will feel very dumb since I payed an extra $1 to get my PSU faster and well that will not matter now since I will need to hook up M.2 as well.
That sucks. Can you not steal a little screw from somewhere else in your PC?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That sucks. Can you not steal a little screw from somewhere else in your PC?
The m.2 screws seem to be a specific type and I guess the reason why mine didn't some with one is because motherboard manufacturers use different sizes. And the m.2 screws are very small

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
The m.2 screws seem to be a specific type and I guess the reason why mine didn't some with one is because motherboard manufacturers use different sizes. And the m.2 screws are very small
Ah thats a shame. I was able to just use a little screw i had in my bits n bobs box to install my new drive. Seems to be working ok. Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Reactions: MJunioR

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Is there a harder task than trying to make people understand that, if a company is selling your data, ‘free stuff’ is not actually free stuff? Come on it’s not that hard, is it? A damn kid would understand that if I give you something and you give me something in exchange, you’re not giving me free fucking stuff. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Nothing wrong if you’re ok with it, just don’t call it free stuff:disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The best part is that a lot of money is generated thanks to user data, so that the "free" stuff that users get in exchange has little value in comparison.

Internet company: "Give me your data and I will give you $1."
End-user: "Awesome. Thank you so much for the free money!"

Repeat with a million users.

Internet company: "With data from a million of users, I can run a business to make a profit of 100 million dollars. I will evade taxes, of course."

Government: "You evade taxes, you ruined our local business economy, and you have successfully hampered democratic processes. That is enough."
Internet company: "Too late. I am too big."

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Is there a harder task than trying to make people understand that, if a company is selling your data, ‘free stuff’ is not actually free stuff? Come on it’s not that hard, is it? A damn kid would understand that if I give you something and you give me something in exchange, you’re not giving me free fucking stuff. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Nothing wrong if you’re ok with it, just don’t call it free stuff:disappointed-but-relieved-face:
Well, people are probably only looking at the "free" through the value. Your data is indeed valuable to the company, so you actually "buy" the "free" game with your data. But you can't just sell your data for money to buy those "free" games, isn't it?

Reactions: MJunioR

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ok, my suspicions are getting confirmed, RDR2 has sold better on Steam on Europe and Asia while MCC has sold better on the United States, confirmed that RDR2 goes up when it's late morning in Europe and Afternoon in Asia while MCC goes up when it's late afternoon in Europe and deep night in Asia but Late morning in the US.

Their peaks are completely opposite, it's quite interesting, don't you think? just look at their curves.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
A friend of mine has just received an email from Humble telling him that they are going to upgrade the Tomb Raider standard edition to the definitive edition. Take it with a grain of salt for now...

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Given that the Kingdom Hearts collections were finally announced for xbox last month, it is truly just a matter of time now until they'll release on PC.
Unfortunately it being square enix, it'll take a while.
My guess would be within the next 24 months.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Given that the Kingdom Hearts collections were finally announced for xbox last month, it is truly just a matter of time now until they'll release on PC.
Unfortunately it being square enix, it'll take a while.
My guess would be within the next 24 months.
6 months

Reactions: Ascheroth and Deku

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Black Mesa beta is out. Wonder how it is. Haven't finished the first HL so cant' compare them.

Reactions: Mor

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Ok, my suspicions are getting confirmed, RDR2 has sold better on Steam on Europe and Asia while MCC has sold better on the United States, confirmed that RDR2 goes up when it's late morning in Europe and Afternoon in Asia while MCC goes up when it's late afternoon in Europe and deep night in Asia but Late morning in the US.

Their peaks are completely opposite, it's quite interesting, don't you think? just look at their curves.

That's certainly interesting.

Reactions: Mor

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Feels kinda weird to me that if a studio/developer is about to be acquired, I will always hope it's Microsoft because that means a Steam release day 1.

Reactions: Dandy

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
A friend of mine has just received an email from Humble telling him that they are going to upgrade the Tomb Raider standard edition to the definitive edition. Take it with a grain of salt for now...
I am definitely not kicking myself for buying it at €28 a month or two ago without even finishing it. Nope.

😩

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I am definitely not kicking myself for buying it at €28 a month or two ago without even finishing it. Nope.

😩
He showed me the email and the image they sent in the mail of the bundle has the image of the definitive edition, so I highly doubt they will honor that this time...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
He showed me the email and the image they sent in the mail of the bundle has the image of the definitive edition, so I highly doubt they will honor that this time...
I do hope people get the definitive version. It’s a bit questionable/confusing to have it show the one version in the email and another on the site.

Reactions: Echoes

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Think of it as all those games are early unlocks and that the bundle is for january, so you have to pay now to unlock them.
It's the same as the old bundles. You paid before your billing date to gain access to the Early Unlocks. But know there will be no more Early Unlocks, you pay now and get the games you choose. Or, you can wait till your Billing date and choose them then.
Ah okay thank you :cat-heart-blob:

M.2 screw always come with motherboard, not with SSD
I don't care if it ain't on pc (yet)

New Kingdom Hearts DLC looks like a meaty as fuck upgrade addressing almost all criticism

holy shit i can not wait
Too bad I already sold my PS4 :suicide-blob:
Still waiting for the complete final mix for Steam release 😭
Hear hear
You will probably get the 1.5+2.5+2.8 collection first, it makes sense so they can port the complete edition of 3 to PC and offer the complete pack.
Lol Xbox got 3 first before 1.5 2.5 2.8

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I do hope people get the definitive version. It’s a bit questionable/confusing to have it show the one version in the email and another on the site.
It's partly Square Enix being dumb fucks as always.

The base game is now called "Definitive Edition" even though it doesn't actually have all the definitive edition stuff as you can see. It also has Definitive Edition in the image even though it isn't definitive.

Of course this is because on Steam it's no longer possible to buy the base game alone, alone the above bundle, so I guess it kind of makes sense in that context. But then they just provided the "Definitive Edition" base game keys and now everything is a misleading and confusing mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.