Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looks cool.

YOOOOOOOOOOO at last a release date, I have been following this game for some time (it's even in my top 10 most wanted games of Steam in my wishlist) really happy to see that it looks SOOOO GREAT

Reactions: lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Got 75 cents out of selling (3) MCC cards. That's a cool 7.5% back on my purchase price. Nice.
Also got a load of cards out of Disco Elysium that I sold at a decent price. Yay for cards!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Trying to get Asgard's Wrath out of the way before Boneworks arrive. On chapter 4/6. It's a long game, but I fear Boneworks will make other great VR games worse due to the physics.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
updating my BIOS was the most tense 5 minutes ever
My old ass mobo's last bios release seems to be bugged, my PC refuses to boot properly with it so I've reverted to the original bios (cba to test which version is the last without the problem) twice so far and will simply not try to update again. Thank god for that dual bios feature on it though, always get a mobo with it!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder how much Epic is worth now since I was just reminded that Tencent ended up buying 40% or something like that for $330 millions USD. Wow that is pretty cheap.

I'm curious how much Microsoft and Sony pay to aquire different game companies.
lashman have you seen my Steam library certain games in it may make you happy and others not so much

Reactions: Pommes and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have the entire LiS collection but I have only played 3 episodes out of the entire thing (okay maybe just 2 episodes I think)
you should definitely play the rest of them then :)

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I wonder how much Epic is worth now since I was just reminded that Tencent ended up buying 40% or something like that for $330 millions USD. Wow that is pretty cheap.
I had to check for the exact date but Tencent did buy the Epic stock back in summer of 2012 long before they had the Fortnight money juggernaut.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I had to check for the exact date but Tencent did buy the Epic stock back in summer of 2012 long before they had the Fortnight money juggernaut.
And it seems that the reason why Tencent was involved in the first place was because of the original Fortnite mode

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Call me crazy but, maybe March? it will make 1 year of the All-in-one collection release on PS4 so, that might be the month for it to come to PC.
That would be a great birthday present.

Reactions: Mor

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Welp, I didn't buy that many games on my birthday, just Automata and Stranglehold. At least I know who am I going to blame if I won't like one of these fine purchases :sneaky:
Automata is amazing. Do use Kaldeien's mod (with some minor contributions from yours truly) though to eliminate technical issues.

It's still pretty surprising to me just how well Automata did on Steam. It still routinely goes up into the top 5 sellers -- and on something like 33% off sales, not deep discounts.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I know I'm a broken record at this point, but if you're at all a fan of creative RPGs, you really owe it to yourself to play SaGa: Scarlet Grace. It just keeps getting better and it's amazing!
I'm still in the starting region, lol. I'm too stubborn to move away until I've cleared everything out, but only Hard battles are now remaining... and they're hard.:face-with-cold-sweat:
I should really probably just move and come back later, but I suspect once I come back everything will be different again :thinking-face:
But I should still probably just move.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I have to say, I'm really liking SotTR! Way more into the story and character moments than I thought I would be, feels like the acting and production on those is way better this time.
If you play with headphones, do the Dolby Atmos virtual surround one-month trial (should be there by right clicking your audio device in the taskbar, under spatial sound). I don’t suggest actually buying it since it’s got such a limited use, but this game’s got an audio setting designed with with it in mind. It sounds quite nice.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
If you play with headphones, do the Dolby Atmos virtual surround one-month trial (should be there by right clicking your audio device in the taskbar, under spatial sound). I don’t suggest actually buying it since it’s got such a limited use, but this game’s got an audio setting designed with with it in mind. It sounds quite nice.
Thanks for the tip! If nothing else it made me look into the audio options and saw that it was put on low dynamic range, so changed it to high!

Reactions: beep boop

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
It's still pretty surprising to me just how well Automata did on Steam. It still routinely goes up into the top 5 sellers -- and on something like 33% off sales, not deep discounts.
this is what happens when you release a masterpiece that it's GOTD contender or at least game of the generation contender :triggerblob: :triggerblob: :triggerblob:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Automata is amazing. Do use Kaldeien's mod (with some minor contributions from yours truly) though to eliminate technical issues.

Yeah, I was waiting for a deeper discount, but known SE it's probably as good as we gonna get this year, Automata is one of the least discountable games on Steam, only rivalled by MP2 which literally never gets on sale here.

I'll play it after finishing ME trilogy.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I'm still in the starting region, lol. I'm too stubborn to move away until I've cleared everything out, but only Hard battles are now remaining... and they're hard.:face-with-cold-sweat:
I should really probably just move and come back later, but I suspect once I come back everything will be different again :thinking-face:
But I should still probably just move.

...wanna know how I know it's your first SaGa? You, uh, really shouldn't be grinding everything out. That's a one-way ticket to getting walled HARD on the final boss.

Reactions: DeejayDoom

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well, as expected, it happened, the natural progression of the curves reached the point where RDR2 has more CCU (35K) than MCC (32K) on European Timezone and that's absolutely fascinating because the pattern repeats the form day after day, so, tendency for at least a month? we will see.

I would like to make another lecture of this data, might indicate that US market for RDR2 was more console focused than pc focused, that would explain why RDR2 is higher in Europe than in the US (at least in terms of CCU)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
But that thread on Era told me Red Dead bombed on Steam and everyone bought it on eggs. :unsure:
Well, as I said, that thread was made too soon, we didn't have any data to see patterns nor to have numbers at all, also, game went up Dec 4th and it's size it's 106GBs, I sure expected not great numbers for the first day as not everyone has good download speeds, that being said, while I can see the intention of that thread (not that I care) I think it's quite interesting the progression we are seeing with this two juggernauts, different time zones, different peaks.

Actually that might be why I'm so fascinated with this versus.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Well, as I said, that thread was made too soon, we didn't have any data to see patterns nor to have numbers at all, also, game went up Dec 4th and it's size it's 106GBs, I sure expected not great numbers for the first day as not everyone has good download speeds, that being said, while I can see the intention of that thread (not that I care) I think it's quite interesting the progression we are seeing with this two juggernauts, different time zones, different peaks.

Actually that might be why I'm so fascinated with this versus.
It is interesting and your analysis is appreciated. I like reading about this sort of stuff. Shows that PC gaming is pretty healthy.

Reactions: Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
It is interesting and your analysis is appreciated. I like reading about this sort of stuff. Shows that PC gaming is pretty healthy.
I mean, I'm not an analyst or anything, it was just a guess and so far the pattern matches with my impressions, it is me who appreciates your support by reading my crazy posts, also yes, by the end of the month I will be sharing my personal impressions of what's the state of PC gaming in 2019 and spoiler: even if EGS is a thing that has changed a bit what some of us had planned to buy, it has been a fricking awesome year and we are starting to see some things that will be very interesting in the future, what the heck, 2020 will be even a more interesting year.

Status
Not open for further replies.