Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Yup. Some games might be problematic (IIRC Dungeon Defenders from 2012's HIB7 is a known one) and might give duplicates but these are pretty rare and support should be able to help in those cases.
I had an issue with one game once: keys were out of stock.
Thanks. I've got about 20-30 keys for old indie games. Hollow Knight, Inside, Owlboy, Mark of the Ninja ... that kind of stuff that everybody has, but they're good games. Debating bothering to redeem them all because everybody has them, but I'd hate to waste them! I wanted to make sure that if I generated the keys, somebody could actually add it.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Thanks. I've got about 20-30 keys for old indie games. Hollow Knight, Inside, Owlboy, Mark of the Ninja ... that kind of stuff that everybody has, but they're good games. Debating bothering to redeem them all because everybody has them, but I'd hate to waste them! I wanted to make sure that if I generated the keys, somebody could actually add it.
No need to worry about keys get invalid, they are valid forever, unless a dev becomes a scumbag and invalidates all keys for no reason.

I don't have Owlboy, are you interested to trade it for something?

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
God, it's depressing just how much SE flubbed Scarlet Grace's release. I'd be shocked if the game sold much more than a few hundred copies in the west at this point, and the game deserves so much more.

Reactions: lashman

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
God, it's depressing just how much SE flubbed Scarlet Grace's release. I'd be shocked if the game sold much more than a few hundred copies in the west at this point, and the game deserves so much more.
It would be nice if they had given it more than a single Tweet's worth of marketing.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Revealed content
Alright let's dump this thing.

If you somehow you've managed to avoid these in your library all these years, let's make it right!

(gave Owlboy away)

SpeedRunners: (GONE)
T7M4F-R73T3-LZYRB

Hollow Knight: (GONE)
PPW72-4FL92-7YAHZ

Little Nightmares:
NT6YB-WYCYF-QGQ85

Zombie Night Terror:
M00PZ-W9PWH-Z5640

Memoria:
TMJPD-5HIFB-VZH74

Splasher:
PG5E7-FQ9J5-TMX75

Black the Fall:
RCDW7-YHPVW-LJ5PZ

The Long Dark: (GONE)
QHRVJ-2Y62C-C4KJ6

Abzu:
JYE6G-IVE65-WKIKD

Day of the Tentacle Remastered:
K5YIF-RCJ9B-Q7DQ3

Scanner Sombre:
KXPTW-A3L90-I0CAJ

Momodora: (GONE)
JV2ZW-37TX3-0LXJ9

Offworld Trading Company: (GONE)
KNJ2Q-IDC7R-GXV72

Wuppo:
JC7R9-G6LLC-XYZ0C

Stellaris: (GONE)
QTJN4-LPZ7E-6XIMJ

XCOM: Enemy Within:
8Q8KJ-GH2I8-X8WKC

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings:
CH8FJ-XM7JQ-ITIEQ

Gods Will Be Watching:
9L4QM-KV6LF-IE2I2

Inside: (GONE)
X05L3-TRVWC-9EGZC

Black Mesa: (GONE)
Q5F5I-3H6N3-KDNC9

2064: Read Only Memories:
6IJC7-W7MQQ-Z95GE

Guacamelee!:
7QG8R-W8IC5-LVNVB

Human Resource Machine:
KNRG5-DDQ3M-AIVRF

Invisible Inc: (GONE)
QM04-E5KL-JOX2-WSPC

Mini Metro:
KMWN8-6IPEK-XT5IK

Mushroom 11: (GONE)
R05QH-99WC2-BNAD4

No Time to Explain:
QBKKJ-AK5E0-P0CEA

Rive:
YTVAY-R7292-59XEF

DmC: Devil May Cry: (GONE)
ACCPW-9Y4K3-VYMNX

Mark of the Ninja:
MVPTN-DJDB6-KCGKL

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Horizon Chase Turbo is great. Y'all really should give it a try.
By that I mean download it and finish a race in First Place. There is an Easy Mode dlc that is free to try the game out with and give you a good idea of how to go about clearing the tracks.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yawn.

They had a year now and they did nothing to make PC gaming better/bigger. Whatever sales success they've had was exclusive success that would have been identical + even greater numbers on steam. All they accomplished was fragmenting communities and forced people to download bad software. Most likely cost a lot of devs a lot of money in the long run too.

But hooray for some free games I guess. Honestly outside of Axiom Verge or Subnautica...the freebies weren't all that impressive. A lot of stuff that was very cheap and/or bundled before.

So overall I would say Sweeney's efforts were meh. Like a 3 out of 10. If they don't land some big exclusive megatons next week at the game awards... next year will be even weaker for EGS.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
What is wrong with the game on PC? For Western players, I mean, I know the Japanese owners are griefing ATM.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
On Steam instead of paying the fee to but a new store page for the Western release, they decided to just reuse and update the Japanese page for the game that was released a year ago. This meant there was no wishlisting or anything until the game went live.

Which, when it did go live, it was a 0MB file. Empty folder, nothing to play. This was fixed in a couple hours but still kind of shitty.
But whatever they did to fix that, fucked up the Japanese version of the game. Then the Japanese players started review bombing it because of that.

That's fixed now too, but the damage is done. Game-wise though it's fine, not major bugs or anything.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
What is wrong with the game on PC? For Western players, I mean, I know the Japanese owners are griefing ATM.
Nothing wrong with the game itself, per se, but moreso with how SE has handled the western rollout. Like one tweet, they originally fucked up when the NA version went live so for like 4-5 hours people couldn't download it, they didn't update the release date on Steam so the game itself didn't go on the new releases tab, so literally the only folks that would know about the game were already interested.

The game's community forums is deader than dead and the most discussion is happening on Era/Discord.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[Hidden content]
Thanks for Offworld! 😍
Damn My Time at Portia, it gives you a few achievements early... then you have to grind and play alot to get more! Can't have a game with 2-5% completion rate, so now I'm hooked.XD
I'm playing it for weeks now. Hint: get a horse asap, it speeds up the game significantly.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I disliked the Steam Controller at first, but I'm starting to come around to it. I think the key to getting the most out of it is creating your own bindings.
Ironically enough, using the touchpad for a dpad with the default bindings sucks. Better to turn off requires click, honestly and just set some deadzones.

Reactions: lashman and Yoshi

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Something I have observed is that RDR2 is back to just 15k so that makes me think that it might have sold better on Steam for European and Asian folks instead of American ones?

What do you think? Interesting numbers tomorrow as it will be Saturday,

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Paused humble choice, already have x-morph and tomb raider.
I disliked the Steam Controller at first, but I'm starting to come around to it. I think the key to getting the most out of it is creating your own bindings.
I got one in the sale just to try it out. Feels a bit weird but I haven't actually used it with a game yet.

Reactions: Yoshi and lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Something I have observed is that RDR2 is back to just 15k so that makes me think that it might have sold better on Steam for European and Asian folks instead of American ones?

What do you think? Interesting numbers tomorrow as it will be Saturday,
That makes sense, because as report from GDC earlier this year suggest, Asian folks don't buy Steam games with credit card/paypal. Steam is our most convenient method for buying games. I believe the real peak will be seen this weekend, probably around 30k-ish.
Steam provides 100 Payment methods. Only 10% of purchases are done via credit card, paypal, paysafe. The remaining 90% of purchases are mostly done via cash. Your customers probably dont use credit cards.

Reactions: Mor and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
New Dawn update is out for Legends of Aria. Adds free to play accounts, among others.

Reactions: derExperte
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Gonna do 12 days of Steam Controller cheer where I highlight something about the controller or configurator that you may not know.

I actually just wanted to make a holiday card, but I might as well add some tips and tricks. Stay tuned.
exciting times ahead! :D can't wait!

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
[Hidden content]
Wowzer, that's a whole lot of generosity. Missed Black Mesa by a hair but thanks man.
Gonna do 12 days of Steam Controller cheer where I highlight something about the controller or configurator that you may not know.

I actually just wanted to make a holiday card, but I might as well add some tips and tricks. Stay tuned.
That sounds awesome. Only ever fiddled with mine for a few minutes. This'll surely teach me how to use it properly.

Reactions: lashman

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
For me i think the red dead low steam numbers is

Game launched 1 month later at full price when there's a sale in few weeks people probs think itll get like 20% sale

It launched day after a much requested game launched at a cheap price so people probs sticking with that which means easier to wait few weeks for winter sale incase cheaper then

People are tired of rockstar treating pc as like 15 tier customers with no care

Status
Not open for further replies.