Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have a PS4 with around 14 games, played 7 games in the last two years and the DS4 broke...what a piece of shit. I had my 360 gamepad for about 11 years :confused-face:
No argument here, X360 controllers are nothing if not durable. Mine drifts now, and I bought it when the Elite released...

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Was it Jason Reitman who wrote the former movie ?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Correct, it's a problem with Ryzen2. My boot also a lot longer than my previous i5 4460 although now I use nvme instead of regular SSD.
Are you on the latest BIOS? One of the more recent AGESA revisions lowered the boot times in some scenarios by a lot, at least for Ryzen 3. It's a great platform but needs a tad more maintenance and updates than Intel to get the most out of it, chipset drivers should be be kept updated too.

Deleted member 113

Another movie trailer
There's a German trailer with some funny additional (dubbed) footage at the end:

As a big fan of the series, I actually enjoyed it.
Unlike the disaster that was that reboot, it seems they are treating the original movies with some respect.

And the kids are very likeable. (y)

Reactions: Tizoc

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Controversial opinion:

Life is Strange 2 Episode 2 is a turd.

• stupid decisions just to advance the plot
  • decisions either didn't matter or you couldn't even decide on NOT doing a stupid decision
  • LiS: 2E2 decisions in a nutshell: Decide between 4 identical cans of Ravioli to eat vs. have absolutely no choice on avoiding (easily avoidable) several obvious stupid things to do while on the run.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
We got greenlight today to include a feature that no one will expect.
It's really for a small niche of gamers though so don't get too hyped.

(Sorry for the content-less rumour-mongering, I'm just personally extremely happy about this one and want to share with the fine people here)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I sometimes buy trading cards from the Market to complete sets, and I have noticed that I often purchase them from some private profiles with similar names. They all seem to be part of a bot network, run by a Finnish (maybe you know him, madjoki?). A few of his bots have a higher Steam level than me.

It turns out the "king" has more than a thousand euros worth of gems in his inventory. Who are these guys? lmao

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I sometimes buy trading cards from the Market to complete sets, and I have noticed that I often purchase them from some private profiles with similar names. They all seem to be part of a bot network, run by a Finnish (maybe you know him, madjoki?). A few of his bots have a higher Steam level than me.

It turns out the "king" has more than a thousand euros worth of gems in his inventory. Who are these guys? lmao
Maybe someone figured out how to do the equivalent of automated high-frequency-trading on the Steam market. I always wondered if you could make money like that during the rush period of popular game releases.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I always wondered if you could make money like that during the rush period of popular game releases.
Definitely.

Maybe someone figured out how to do the equivalent of automated high-frequency-trading on the Steam market.
Surely, dude is onto something. I don't think it is too complex though. My guess is that he has good knowledge of odds of getting items of different rarity, so that he is able to have a correct estimation of expected value of booster packs, and the best way to use them for (open for selling cards, open for crafting badges, etc.). Afterwards, the process can be automated, without resorting to high-frequency, because Steam Market is not very reactive.

I have found posts by him on Reddit from 4 years ago. He wrote that he could turn a profit with any sack of gems bought for less than $0.70.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
it's out ... DLC not included ... not even a fucking "complete edition" package with additional discount 😂

Price pretty much what I expected, I will try to get it as soon as I can.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
How exactly does the coop work in that? Is it actually possible to play it with a friend? (Where "possible" includes "having to jump through minor hoops" like in DS1)

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
We appreciate the feedback. For what it's worth, we don't really look at it this way. The way we look at it is, Hades is approximately 3X bigger and substantially better than it was a year ago. We think it's worth more, not less.

If we were offering the same exact game we offered a year ago, I would 100% agree with you (if anything 30% off would be too low). However, we've been actively developing Hades in Early Access, and adding to and improving every aspect. For example, just this week we added more than 2,000 new voice lines to the game to further deepen the story, along with a variety of new and improved systems -- to put that in perspective, Bastion had about 3,700 voice lines in its entirety.

So, rather than thinking of Hades as a year-old game, I hope you'll come to think of it as a new game that keeps getting better while it's in Early Access, until we finally hit our v1.0.
Hades price is going to be hilarious.

I believe they'll increase the price on the EGS and launch with the same price on Steam cause now it's a more complete game than it was when they increased the price the first time.

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
We got greenlight today to include a feature that no one will expect.
It's really for a small niche of gamers though so don't get too hyped.

(Sorry for the content-less rumour-mongering, I'm just personally extremely happy about this one and want to share with the fine people here)
I'm actually really excited to see what you've been working on. I think you said the game announcement would be...next month?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
"Our all female Ghosbuster was rejected by a whole part off the internet. What can we do to top it off ?"
"Hmm, the second most hated people on the internet ? All-kids Ghostbuster ?"
"Genius !"

I don't share the opinion I just imagined there, but I still find this funny. In a twisted way, admittedly.

Thinking about it I'm not even sure the original movie can faithfully be followed up that much later. That's a detail, but even New York is not the same, it was an element of the movie.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
nerd cap on

Steve Trevor is Diana's main love interest in the comics, like Lois and Superman, so they were always going to bring him back.
What are the chances of him being a Green Lantern instead of Hal? Right now him being back looks weird as hell given there was no reboot of continuity,

Deleted member 113

I'll remove everyone from my friends list who buys Ashen but not Frog Detective 2.
Also I'll remove everyone from my friends list who doesn't buy Frog Detective 2.
It seems I'm safe on both counts. ;)

"Our all female Ghosbuster was rejected by a whole part off the internet. What can we do to top it off ?"
"Hmm, the second most hated people on the internet ? All-kids Ghostbuster ?"
"Genius !"

I don't share the opinion I just imagined there, but I still find this funny. In a twisted way, admittedly.
The previous film wasn't rejected because it featured an all female cast.
At least, that wasn't it for me.

The film was rejected because.. it sucked. Majorly. 27 years to release such a terribly unfunny, and generic pile of crap.
Plus, they completely ignored the characters and films fans of the series liked (no surprise there: the screenwriter admitted she didn't like the original films before release) by attempting to reboot the series, instead of doing what they should have, and what it would have been quite easy to do: passing the torch to a new team.

The new film at least seems to be respectful of what came before it.
And, Egon's granddaughter seems very clumsy and likeable, just like good old Egon. (y)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I've had my fill of Hal Jordan.
Give Kyle Rayner the spotlight again. Or John Stewart, or Guy Gardner, or any of the other 2 recent GLs of the past decade whose name escape me atm, because my memory is being dumb.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
And the VR Left 4 Dead just makes me want to commit financial seppuku right now and buy a Quest.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I've had my fill of Hal Jordan.
Give Kyle Rayner the spotlight again. Or John Stewart, or Guy Gardner, or any of the other 2 recent GLs of the past decade whose name escape me atm, because my memory is being dumb.
Go for broke, do our boy Simon justice!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The previous film wasn't rejected because it featured an all female cast.
At least, that wasn't it for me.
I should watch it someday, but yeah, I didn't say it was only rejected by misogynistic assholes.

But yeah, thinking a little bit more about it I don't really know how you make a follow up the these classic 80's movies.
They are a product of their times, you have to update parts of it. But doing so, original fans will probably be pissed. And you count on original fans to boost up your numbers, or you wouldn't make a sequel in the first place. There is no easy solution.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ashen made into the Top 20 global sellers of Steam, nice surprise, let's see how far it goes.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
What are the chances of him being a Green Lantern instead of Hal? Right now him being back looks weird as hell given there was no reboot of continuity,
Next to none.

WB don't even know how to do a Superman story. We aren't getting Green Lantern anytime soon :(

Tbh, if they do a GL movie, it should focus on John Stewart instead with a black lead.
Go for broke, do our boy Simon justice!
Or Simon!

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Ashen actually has some very good regional pricing so that probably will help.

I'm not that interested in it (and that's not even counting the EGS thing) but it's almost at "why the hell not" territory.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I now have two C: drives in my PC, the old Samsung 840 Evo that I have been using for years and the new Intel 660p.

I now have Windows 10 on my Intel 660p and I have it up and running. I decided to put the OS on the Intel drive since it's a lot faster than my current drive and I want to get rid of "junk" that may be hidden away in my C drive (I heard fresh installs are good every now and then).

The issue is that I still have stuff on my original C drive that I would like to save and still use, but I can't while I am accessing the Intel drive. Is there anyway for me to still access that drive, or will I just have to transfer stuff over manually and then just reformat that drive if I want to keep using that drive for non OS reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.