Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Okay people are very strange. Pushsquare or what ever it's called is really weird. I see some articles about "why Half Life Alyx should come to PSVR" and stuff like that and people say ya it should come to PSVR and then you see stuff like them making fun of some people on PC wanting the Ghost of T (The Sucker Punch game). Double standards I tell you.

Oh and Pushsquare even reached out to a Valve employee to ask about the possibility of the game on PSVR.

Kylac

Apr 17, 2019
So I guess they're not calling it System Shock 3 anymore? Just System Shock?
that's the System Shock 1 remake. which I believe is chugging along at a good pace. It's System Shock 3 that's had a bit rougher development and is more in limbo.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
madjoki You are right about the "King", he is milking anime: he has bought the latest and most expensive anime games and has been farming their cards.

What I don't get is whether he is able to craft booster packs for these games on his bot accounts. If he were abusing the refund system, Valve would punish him, right? If there is a trick to bypass the crafting constraints, it would be easy to farm money by being the first seller of profile backgrounds for stuff like Stein:GATE (lashman's preferred game), that would be insane.

He forgot to set one of his bot account to private, and it turns out there are ~ 1,500 games, and 120,000 gems on this bot account. The Steam level is ~ 90, with ~ 200 badges! That is similar to my main account. Crazy.

PS: He bought the Wolf Girl anime game on his bot account. That is the game for which the rare profile background was sold for 50€. And he has farmed it for 3 hours, so he cannot refund it. Imagine buying expensive games to farm cards and craft booster packs on bot accounts! And making a profit out of it!

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
So, steam is dropping free games during the game awards!!

Man, between got, egs and steam giveaways, I m back in the game peeps. (Lol I will have to move soon into a studio apt and I'm gonna have to leave the old rig behind, $250 amd 2200U laptop here I come!)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
RIP, I will be working during that time. I guess Valve is going to be more active this year for the event since it will feature their new flagship title

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think "ND should make HL3" is the hottest take I've ever read. Like, no offence to PS folks, I love what ND does myself, but they aren't even half of Valve when it comes down to actual gameplay and environmental storytelling, full stop.
Yeah, I really like ND games, especially Uncharted 2, 3, 4 and TLOU, but there is not much gameplay and environment interactivity in those and Valve loves interactivity and physics in games.

Steam doesnt tend to remove demo licences from you, so you should be able to download and then wait to play them.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think "ND should make HL3" is the hottest take I've ever read. Like, no offence to PS folks, I love what ND does myself, but they aren't even half of Valve when it comes down to actual gameplay and environmental storytelling, full stop.
If ND did HL3 would it really be HL3? Of course not.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
What if we get a 48 hour Half-Life: Alyx demo? I'll be on a plane then, with no access to VR for weeks. :oops:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah, I really like ND games, especially Uncharted 2, 3, 4 and TLOU, but there is not much gameplay and environment interactivity in those and Valve loves interactivity and physics in games.

Breh this is the platform where people could extend the RE2 Remake demo beyond its 30 min. limit.
We will find a way :odell:

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
RIP, I will be working during that time. I guess Valve is going to be more active this year for the event since it will feature their new flagship title
3AM? Yeah, i'll be in bed. I'll catch up on The Keighleys the next day.

Reactions: Wok

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
i only wonder how many of those games with demos will end up being egsclusive ... probably at least half
Plot twist: Gaben gave Keighley access to Half-Life: Alyx on the condition that no EGS exclusives are showcased at the game awards. So not only is Valve moneyhatting demos, they're straight up blackmailing journalists to quell Tim's revolution. Read all the details in Nathan Grayson's shocking exposè, coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.