Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Outer Worlds was an EGS key so I opted for Pedro (had Gris already and DE was gone). Installed it, may give it a go tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Continued a bit in Gujian 3 and came across the next 2 "minigames" Queen already posted about.

Captain Toad minigame? Check

Super fancy monopoly that feeds into the card game the game already has? Check
(also this can be played against real people as well instead of the CPU, haven't checked but probably locally)

Basically you create your deck from your cards. Cards are split into 3 types: People, Places and Objects and 4 sets (spring, summer, autumn, winter).

Every turn you roll how many steps you can take.

If you land on an empty spot, you can place on of your "place"-cards and if you want also a character to guard it.

Different places have synergies with different characters (basically the same as in the card game), characters have different skills and attack/defense/health ratings., objects can power up specific characters.

Everytime another player lands on on of your owned tiles, they need to pay rent (hello monopoly) and if you land on one of your own, you can upgrade them. If you place areas from the same season-set adjacent to each other, everyone who lands on one of them will need to pay rent for the entire chain.

You can also battle the guarding character with one in your hand.

And then there are of course effect tiles that have random good or bad effects for you or maybe also others.

This fucking game and its "mini"games :sweaty-blob: :

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The release of Ori 2 is delayed by a month (March 11). Thankfully, my Game Pass will be active until start of May, so I will have two months to finish it.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I don't even want to think about what games I'm going to be playing next year yet, and that's less than 3 weeks away!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I really need to get around to playing the Atelier games that I already own...
I need to get around to buying more of them... Sophie is still the only one I bought/played.

I don't even want to think about what games I'm going to be playing next year yet, and that's less than 3 weeks away!
My immediate "play-list" is so fucking stacked with long games (or just a lot of games, really) it could very well take me a few months to get through those alone.
And I'll be getting Iceborne in January probably, so yeah :whistle:

The only game I already know for sure I'll be getting next year is Digimon Survive, everything else I'll just think about when it's time.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Meh, I missed the giveaway. No codes left for any of the games in the giveaway :(
Are you sure? You need to click on the "Let's get started" button at the bottom of the DM window. When I last checked, there were Pedro and Gris keys.

Angelo

Junior Member?
Dec 21, 2018
Ok i just got up, what i miss? Is everything egs?
A lot of them are EGS. But hey, Ori is available on Steam!! :tightly-closed-eyes:

TGA giveaway is nice because i almost want all of them except Outer Wilds. Which means whatever i get, i will still be very happy because they're all in my wishlists! I got GRIS :drinking-blob::drinking-blob:

Reactions: Joe Spangle

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Hope you enjoy it all the way :) Let the wonderful localization carry you through it.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo!

What a great series. Shame I didn't like 5 and that there are a couple of games that will never be localized, but it is what it is...

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo!

What a great series. Shame I didn't like 5 and that there are a couple of games that will never be localized, but it is what it is...
Maybe Capcom will surprise us with AA4-6 trilogy on PC in the near future. :02ohoho:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
LiS2 isn't going to win shit there either :(

and it just breaks my fucking heart :(
I might play it in time for it to be my GOTY 2020!

We should have a "Game Released In The Year" or GRITY Award and the GOTY would be the game you loved the most that year regardless of release date.
I hardly ever bother with game voting as i don't usually play and finish many games released in the same year.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I wonder if the new Xbox looks as much like a mini-itx PC internally as it does externally.
Would be great if they sell little mini gpus and let you upgrade your tower mid gen instead of forcing you to buy an entire new thing like they did with X1X.

Status
Not open for further replies.