Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
From Klobrille:

Only Battletoads have not been announced for PC/Steam yet.

More of you should get DQB2 on Steam. The port really is pretty good, limited graphics settings aside. Having full KB/M support in menus shouldn't be something that's special for a port, but it's great to see it here nonetheless. Fantastic Steam Input support in general, too.
I will.

At a sale.

Stupid region pricing.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Funny, that Psycho2 and Wasteland are now considered as MS games .
And only Ori2 is slightly interesting tbh (i hope there will be much less soppy moments though :Kain_blountsleeping: )

Stupid region pricing.
Still be stupidly expensive even with discounts (which S-E rarely doing), so no chance i will buy it, i guess :shrugblob:

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
No, come on! If I had the rig, I would try Grounded, Minecraft Dungeons, Psychonauts 2, Flight Simulator, and maybe others.
Ok, forgot about Psychonauts 2 lol (but Tim Schafer loves to disappoint lately, so i dunno)

Reactions: Wok

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah Microsoft seems to have a pretty strong 2020.
Psychonauts 2 is day 1 for me, easily, and even if it's not really my thing, Gears Tactics and Flight Sim seem to be quite good. And Ori 2 and Wasteland 3 definitely are interesting and make Gamepass very attractive.

Of course, there are some questionable games, we'll see how Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads or Grounded go.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
From Klobrille:

Only Battletoads have not been announced for PC/Steam yet.

Gamepass is gonna be good next year. Can't wait to play Ori, Infinite, Tactics and Flight Simulator.

And just like this year its all gonna save me a bunch of $$$.

Gears, Outer Worlds and Bloodstained was 100$+ in savings and I'll still pick them all up down the line when they are cheap on steam. This not even counting all the other 3rd party content that helped me save $$$ as well.

And the money I save I will wind up buying other stuff on steam with. So in the end I end up playing so much more new stuff every year without spending more.

I hope it continues to be sustainable for them. Mathematically speaking..the more people sub the more they should be able to sustain it. I have no interest in picking up the Serious X thing they unveiled but I do hope it works out for them because it will also benefit gamepass.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gamepass is gonna be good next year. Can't wait to play Ori, Infinite, Tactics and Flight Simulator.

And just like this year its all gonna save me a bunch of $$$.

Gears, Outer Worlds and Bloodstained was 100$+ in savings and I'll still pick them all up down the line when they are cheap on steam. This not even counting all the other 3rd party content that helped me save $$$ as well.

And the money I save I will wind up buying other stuff on steam with. So in the end I end up playing so much more new stuff every year without spending more.

I hope it continues to be sustainable for them. Mathematically speaking..the more people sub the more they should be able to sustain it. I have no interest in picking up the Serious X thing they unveiled but I do hope it works out for them because it will also benefit gamepass.
I will get some of them day 1 on Steam instead, like Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3 and AoE3 DE and maybe some others.

The rest will be played via game pass and bought on Steam on sale.

Not sure what I will do with Ori though, but Im going towards playing it on game pass first and buying it on Steam sale later. Due to the great Xbox Live Steam integration. all Ori cheevos will also be unlocked as Steam cheevos when I buy and play the Steam version of Ori.

Reactions: Wok and yuraya

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Having Gamepass as a popular service this year is very important for their new console.
Not starting from scratch with tentative heavy hitters that may prove to be pretty shitty (like Ryse), but instead starting the gen with decent mindshare and a whole bunch of already available good games is a huge deal.
And of course, being back to their place as a big publisher of high quality games is free marketing.

They do understand the market really well at least, hope we'll see more from inXile beside Wasteland 3 too.

Reactions: Wok and yuraya

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Dang, continues to look so good. I dunno why they stopped working with Platinum Games but at least they didn't scrap any of the cool shit, just build on it.

Surely it has to be announced for PC some day, can a pro even pull that off at 4k 60fps?! :d

Last edited:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Dang, continues to look so good. I dunno why they stopped working with Platinum Games but at least they didn't scrap any of the cool shit, just build on it.

Surely it has to be announced for PC some day, can a pro even pull that off at 4k 60fps?! :d
give me Narmaya and I'll purchase on console and double dip for PC

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

I really really really hope it's not PS4 exclusive.

Reactions: Alextended

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
IIRC there was a PC reference for RE:Link at E3, some media saw it (maybe it was gematsu? get this with a grain of salt) and after ZOE2 remaster being a PS4/PC release I have no doubt that RE:Link and VS will come to PC sooner rather than later, RE:Link maybe even day and date.

Reactions: PC-tan and Cordelia

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wait? Does it work?
Yes. When I installed MCC on Steam and logged in via Xbox Live that popped up (it only pops up the first time playing it), it unlocked all Steam cheevos that I have gotten in the Xbox version that I played long time ago.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
IIRC there was a PC reference for RE:Link at E3, some media saw it (maybe it was gematsu? get this with a grain of salt) and after ZOE2 remaster being a PS4/PC release I have no doubt that RE:Link and VS will come to PC sooner rather than later, RE:Link maybe even day and date.
――今回発表された2タイトルは、いずれもプレイステーション4向けということですが、ほかのハードで展開する予定はあるのでしょうか?

福原 Steam(PC)向けには展開したいと考えています。プレイステーション4は弊社では『Project Awakening(仮題)』など、すでに内製で開発が進められているタイトルもありますし、会社として今後もコンシューマーに力を入れていこうという流れは確実にあります。
(This applies to both Granblue Fantasy: Relink and Granblue Fantasy: Versus.) We would also like to release for Steam (PC). We already have some titles for PlayStation 4 that are being developed in-house such as the tentatively titled Project Awakening, and as a company we will certainly continue to put our strength into console.
We hear that on top of PS4 Fukuhara-san would also like to develop for PC on Steam. They have games like Project Awakening that are already being developed for PS4, and as a company, there is certainly a will to continue focusing on the consumer market [Editor’s Note: in Japan, the “consumer” market indicates consoles, often also encompassing PC].
edit: added twinfinite article for the note about the consumer market, as gematsu article does mention interest and then mention "console" without explaining the nuance.

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

edit: added twinfinite article for the note about the consumer market, as gematsu article does mention interest and then mention "console" without explaining the nuance.
:cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob:
thanks.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I hope System Shock is not a 2020 game, it needs a lot more time in the oven.

Yeah the sad thing is that the Unity demo was much higher quality and more refined, but smaller. I wonder if Unity would have eventually hurt their workflow if they had just stuck to their guns.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I randomly started scrolling through my Steam library for the first time in a long time and after a few min I kinda lost interest in scrolling and I found so many games I wanted to play.

So I checked the slider button/dragger on the right to see where I was in my library and I might have been viewed 6-7% of my library.

Fucking hell.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
So I randomly started scrolling through my Steam library for the first time in a long time and after a few min I kinda lost interest in scrolling and I found so many games I wanted to play.

So I checked the slider button/dragger on the right to see where I was in my library and I might have been viewed 6-7% of my library.

Fucking hell.
One of my recommendations for the library was a "pick a game for me" where Steam would use their recommender to go through your library and recommend you a game you havent played for a while. Would be really useful for people with big libraries...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Fucking hell.
Do what I did:
Make a new (dynamic) category, arrange games by release date, have all games on there and start from your oldest released game that you own making your way up.
Drop games that you lose interest in and in no time, you'll have gone through 10% of your backlog :coffee-blob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh for fuck’s sake. I feel the temptation, I don’t want to use the word need, to reinstall Nioh and replay it in hard to be able to experience the dlc. Dlc I know to be infuriating and out of my league.
I don’t want to be the first human to have an aneurysm because of video games.
I could also play Dark Souls 3 or retry Sekiro.
Jesus.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Oh for fuck’s sake. I feel the temptation, I don’t want to use the word need, to reinstall Nioh and replay it in hard to be able to experience the dlc. Dlc I know to be infuriating and out of my league.
I don’t want to be the first human to have an aneurysm because of video games.
I could also play Dark Souls 3 or retry Sekiro.
Jesus.
Just reading that stresses me out haha! Mmmm here I am playing My Time in Portia calmly cutting down trees to build planter boxes for my plants.:D

Reactions: Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
In Cygames we trust and those guys are on a real roll.

I think in the west Cygames are maybe one of the lesser known (while also sort of being known) devs from Japan.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Im still holding out hope this turns out to be good, partly because I backed it and partly because they seemed to realize their mistake after their community give them shit for going in a completely different direction than originally pitched.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019

This is the first time I have heard of this game it looks fucking awesome.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Hades keeps being amazing and it reviews extremely well on Steam.
I mean, they are clearly happy with the Steam reception, so yeah, I think it will keep growing for the time being.

In Cygames we trust and those guys are on a real roll.

I think in the west Cygames are maybe one of the lesser known (while also sort of being known) devs from Japan.
No wonder why, most of the western players know Cygames thanks to RE:link and VS right now, both made a great impact in the gaming community, not even with the ZOE2 remaster people realized that it was made by them, damn, I wish Konami let them do more remasters :_(

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

I playied the closed beta a while ago and was pretty good.

Reactions: Arsene

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
RDR2's size is too intimidating, I doubt I'll ever play it. The annoyingly slow animations for every action also don't help.
At this point for me to touch a 100 hour game it's either from one of my absolute favorite franchises or has potential to be one of my top 10 games ever.
Otherwise I can't justify the time commitment.

Finished Cold Fear. Can definitely recommend it if you're looking for a decent RE clone.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I mean, they are clearly happy with the Steam reception, so yeah, I think it will keep growing for the time being.

No wonder why, most of the western players know Cygames thanks to RE:link and VS right now, both made a great impact in the gaming community, not even with the ZOE2 remaster people realized that it was made by them, damn, I wish Konami let them do more remasters :_(
They would probably more well known if they let GBF release in the west but last I checked it was a Japan/Asia only game.

I have played the game and while I didn't do much of the quest since it felt over complicated for me a lot of the stuff for that game was great. They have stuff like events and pretty much everything in the game has voice acting. Even in the Japanese version of the mobile game they made for Nintendo that also has full voice acting in Japanese as well (while in the English version they only say some words). If I did play more mobile games I would play GBF, their waifus are top tier.

Lore seems to be one of the things that they are really good at.

also just look at this
I don't think a lot of people in the west play stuff like Shadowverse (the one Cygame that is on Steam).

I think Fate is both popular in Japan and the west but GBF would potentially be even more popular if it was also made easily available in the west. I mean in the west all that exist so far is one season of an anime (or is it 2?) Were as with stuff like Fate you do have games,anime and very easily obtainable merch, are there even that many GBF figures? I have one but I have not seen that many in general.

Does anyone know what ever happened to the Chinese knock off Nier Automata game?

oh and compared to other JRPGS GBF has a much better art direction and style, it feels more like a western/Japanese hybrid fantasy game (high fantasy?) compared to your more typical stuff, even FF games have had their weird art direction but then again that art direction is what makes them stand out and easily recognizable

Reactions: MJunioR

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, GBF has looked very promising since they first revealed it.
The art direction is indeed very interesting, it's not that straight up anime style you see in Tales of and other jrpgs.

Reactions: MJunioR

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
They would probably more well known if they let GBF release in the west but last I checked it was a Japan/Asia only game.
Well, GBF is pretty much available in the west in all but name.
The japanese version is fully translated into english, but for some reason there is no official release yeah.

Reactions: PC-tan and MJunioR

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I played the Spiritfarer demo yesterday, the art and in particular the animations are absolutely fantastic.
Seriously, animations-of-the-year (if there was such a thing) material.

What stood out to me was that while the animations were great the game also played very fluidly and getting around was a breeze, the visuals never got in the way and there never was a point where the controls weren't perfectly responsive. Meanwhile I thought Acid Rain, a much more action-oriented game, was a cumbersome, unresponsive, overloaded mess.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, the animations and traversal work together beautifully (one other game that immediately comes to mind that achieves this is Ori).

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Eh, this comparison is a bit disingenous. They clearly left out a lot of those animations as people critized them for deviating too much from the original, and people literally begged them to switch to Unreal. It's a bit extreme how simplistic the Unreal version still seems like (say the collision stuff thats seems wery wonky), but that's just to be expected really when you switch engines mid course.

I was personally quite happy with the demo once it went on a bit, the core gameplay of System Shock still holds up perfectly, and this games just makes it more accessible without changing much of anything, for good or ill. That's also exactly what they ran on when making the Kickstarer, so I'm not complainig. For more modern immersive sims, there's always the new System Shock 3 that's coming.

There was also this new immersive sim from some Russian devs, forgot it's name. I think it even had "Shock" in it's subtile or something.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
How about that Detroit Become Human??...

I mean it is out on PC now but are there even that many people talking about it?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
How about that Detroit Become Human??...

I mean it is out on PC now but are there even that many people talking about it?
Ain't seeing much talk about it other than people discussing the demo that allowed the entire game to be played before getting pulled out. Well, being honest I don't care about anything from Cage or anything on Epic so maybe there's plenty discussion about Detroit PC somewhere and I'm just out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.