Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I never idled cards.
So, pardon my ignorance, but is there any (safe) application what allows me to quickly farm cards without needing to have Steam installed?
Also, does that software allow me to quickly sell huge amounts of cards quickly?

I think you can idle without running steam with this tool. But it's difficult to set up if you are unfamiliar with command prompt

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I think you can idle without running steam with this tool. But it's difficult to set up if you are unfamiliar with command prompt
Set up has been really simplified and you can get it running within 5 minutes now

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
How about that Detroit Become Human??...

I mean it is out on PC now but are there even that many people talking about it?
I said it before but it's such a boring-ass game that there's not much to talk about, David Cage's writing has improved such that unfortunately he's now painfully mediocre instead of entertainingly bad and the story has nothing to offer that we haven't seen better in other movies, books, series or games about the whole 'is AI human' topic. Gameplay is nothing special and while there's an impressive amount of choices that do have consequences (one main character/storyline can disappear from the story very early on) I had a hard time caring about anyone except Clancy Brown. The face tech is certainly impressive but the overall visual style was middle-of-the-road too. Just not much to latch onto.

People often talk about regional pricing and pricing in general... and I just remembered that I had to shell out 129 CHF for quite a few first-party N64 games (DK64 and Conker's BFD come to mind).... adjusting for inflation, that'd be 145 CHF (FYI: 1 CHF ~= 1 USD).

That's crazy.

Nowadays I'd hardly consider anything above 30.- (unless it's something I'm unreasonably excited about... for example, I'd gladly pay 100 CHF for a new Viva Pinata on Steam).
I often cringe when I see the regional prices for Switzerland, guess someone is paying them but they're completely unreasonable, I'd be mostly using bundles and key-resellers.

Those things, they take time....

Last edited:

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
People often talk about regional pricing and pricing in general... and I just remembered that I had to shell out 129 CHF for quite a few first-party N64 games (DK64 and Conker's BFD come to mind).... adjusting for inflation, that'd be 145 CHF (FYI: 1 CHF ~= 1 USD).

That's crazy.

Nowadays I'd hardly consider anything above 30.- (unless it's something I'm unreasonably excited about... for example, I'd gladly pay 100 CHF for a new Viva Pinata on Steam).
Yeah i remember paying that much for SNES carts even, especially import ones. But you don't have to go back that long to find stupid prices, even during the 360/PS3 era, it wasn't uncommon to find games priced at 109 CHF.

I often cringe when I see the regional prices for Switzerland, guess someone is paying them but they're completely unreasonable, I'd be using bundles and key-resellers intensively if living there.
There's a reason why i barely buy directly from Steam anymore. 99% of my games purchases come from third party resellers. "Regional pricing" now means increase the price in Switzerland just because they can. Also i think Valve's suggested price is actually pretty much parity with the US dollar which is okay with me, but of course a lot of publishers just set their own prices because they are greedy fucks.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
There's a reason i barely buy directly from Steam anymore. 99% of my games purchases come from third party resellers. "Regional pricing" now means increase the price in Switzerland just because they can. Also i think Valve's suggested price is actually pretty much parity with the dollar which is okay with me, but of course a lot of publishers just set their own prices because they are greedy fucks.
correct (on all accounts)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Yes, it is not difficult, but it requires a bit of reading:

IdleMasterExtended is better to farm a lot of cards, because the cards drop faster. However, ASF is more powerful: it can do a lot more than idling for cards.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
What do you mean?
HoursUntilCardDrops

byte type with default value of 3. This property defines if account has card drops restricted, and if yes, for how many initial hours. Restricted card drops means that account is not receiving any card drops from given game until the game is played for at least HoursUntilCardDrops hours. Unfortunately there is no magical way to detect that, so ASF relies on you. This property affects cards farming algorithm that will be used. Setting this property properly will maximize profits and minimize time required for cards to be farmed. Remember that there is no obvious answer whether you should use one or another value, since it fully depends on your account. It seems that older accounts which never asked for refund have unrestricted card drops, so they should use a value of 0, while new accounts and those who did ask for refund have restricted card drops with a value of 3. This is however only theory, and should not be taken as a rule. The default value for this property was set based on "lesser evil" and majority of use cases.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
NEED SUGGESTIONS
So, I have a tonne of Steam cards. I was thinking of selling them and get some Steam Wallet money (and finally be able to purchase Devil May Cry 5 (FUCK you Capcom for that high regional pricing))

When do you guys suggest I should sell my cards? Now or on the start of sale?
Also should I price the cards at the market value or put it slightly higher?

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It depends on how long you are ready to wait for the cards to be sold.

Also, what do you call "market value"?
  • If it is the lowest sell order, then I would suggest using that, it is a good starting value.
  • If it is the highest buy order, then no for most cases.
PS: start by listing your foil cards.

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
It depends on how long you are ready to wait for the cards to be sold.
If I want to get a game this winter sale (can be at the start or end of the sale time), should I list them now? I believe cards sell well that time.

• If it is the lowest sell order, then I would suggest using that, it is a good starting value.
  • If it is the highest buy order, then no for most cases.
Do you mean this? The buy order and sell order are left and right respectively, is that correct?

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Trying to wrapping up with games I've started playing in 2019 before all those GOTY lists. Not sure if I'll manage to finish them all, I spent 4 hours in the first chapter of A Plague Tale lol, but some stuff like Ion Fury, Pathologic 2 and hopefully Disco Elysium is going to be completed before 2020. If you were thinking about getting Ion Fury on the next Steam sale, here are my impressions about this game:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
They would probably more well known if they let GBF release in the west but last I checked it was a Japan/Asia only game.

I have played the game and while I didn't do much of the quest since it felt over complicated for me a lot of the stuff for that game was great. They have stuff like events and pretty much everything in the game has voice acting. Even in the Japanese version of the mobile game they made for Nintendo that also has full voice acting in Japanese as well (while in the English version they only say some words). If I did play more mobile games I would play GBF, their waifus are top tier.

Lore seems to be one of the things that they are really good at.

also just look at this
I don't think a lot of people in the west play stuff like Shadowverse (the one Cygame that is on Steam).

I think Fate is both popular in Japan and the west but GBF would potentially be even more popular if it was also made easily available in the west. I mean in the west all that exist so far is one season of an anime (or is it 2?) Were as with stuff like Fate you do have games,anime and very easily obtainable merch, are there even that many GBF figures? I have one but I have not seen that many in general.

Does anyone know what ever happened to the Chinese knock off Nier Automata game?

oh and compared to other JRPGS GBF has a much better art direction and style, it feels more like a western/Japanese hybrid fantasy game (high fantasy?) compared to your more typical stuff, even FF games have had their weird art direction but then again that art direction is what makes them stand out and easily recognizable
I wouldn't underestimate the amount of fans GBF has in the west. While not as popular in Fate (and gbf isn't even as popular as Fate in JP), it's still easily in the top 3 based off the amount of people I've personally talked to, seen talking about it on Twitter, and the sheer presence that Cygames has at anime cons/events I've been to for GBF. At AX Cygames in general is first to usually fill it's lines to capacity along with Aniplex and fakku for example and the granblue merch is usually the first to go even before the Dragalia stuff. Cygames has been also actively expanding their brand in the west with their "Pop Up" merchandise tours and the directors themselves starting to make more appearances at events as well as signing publishing deals with companies like XSEED for future games.

As for why the mobile game is not "available" in the west, there'd probably be a fair bit of difficulty considering the game has licensing contracts with over dozens of different collabs like Street Fighter, Tales, Persona, Attack on Titan, Idolmaster, Love Live, etc. that would probably need to be renegotiated, as well with over 100s of different seiyuu's that would also need to have their contracts renegotiated to include for an official english release. GBF is also a very cooperative focused game that involves a lot of raiding with other players, so splitting off the english players from the oversees one would certainly hurt the game not only for english players but for Japanese players as well.

That's not to say any of this is impossible as Cygames certainly has the money and presence to get these kind of deals done and there's certainly more they can do to make it easier for players in the US to sign up for the game as a lot of that process is still JP only until you can actually log into the game and switch it all to English. I also wouldn't mind a server out here in the west to make the ping a bit more bearable but only the 5% of end game players like me would really care about these kind of things.

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Idling is still worth it even though prices for most cards have tanked over the years. I guess it depends how many games you buy but I tend to idle in bulk a couple times a year and usually get around $5 each time. Those junk 6 cent cards add up fast and it's essentially free money since they're coming from games you got because you wanted them. I just did a round for the winter sale and made a bit over $4.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Speaking of idling, anybody knows if there's a way to idle on macOS?

These days I'm spending most of my time on the work laptop, and I'm pretty sure keeping the PC just for farming card would cost me much more in electricity... :cold-sweat:

jshackle's original Idle Master had a OS agnostic version, but it hasn't been updated in many years, and Idle Master Extended doesn't have anything like that as far as I know.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I price foils 1 cent under the lowest listing and standard cards at equal to the lowest listing.

It's also nice to either go offline or invisible when idling or people without the game launch notification turned off get inundated with constant notifications.

Reactions: Wok and KainXVIII

Deleted member 113

According to Enhanced Steam, I have:

18876 card drops remaining
5125 games with drops remaining
173 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 37,14€ :disappointed-face:

I thought I could get a little more.

Anyway, how long would it take me to farm this amount of cards?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Selling foils is an art in itself. Worst case: No interest in the game and one other foil from a dude who is undercutting you immediately everytime you undercut him. Sometimes it's best to go with a rather low buy offer than fight it out.

NEED SUGGESTIONS
So, I have a tonne of Steam cards. I was thinking of selling them and get some Steam Wallet money (and finally be able to purchase Devil May Cry 5 (FUCK you Capcom for that high regional pricing))

Trying to time the market is useless and won't get you anything, sell asap and craft boosters for games with highly priced cards if prices go up or stay up. Beginning of sale could mean people buy cards to craft or there'll be more cards on the market because ppl buy games and get cards, no way to tell which way it'll go and waiting for sales usually means you miss out on the higher prices right after a game gets them.

Eventually all cards trend towards being worthless, get and sell them asap.

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Does anyone have a Ryzen 5 laptop? I'm looking at Ryzen 5 3500U laptops, as laptops with GPUs are all out of my range. I'm also considering a Ryzen 2500U.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Speaking of idling, anybody knows if there's a way to idle on macOS?

These days I'm spending most of my time on the work laptop, and I'm pretty sure keeping the PC just for farming card would cost me much more in electricity... :cold-sweat:

jshackle's original Idle Master had a OS agnostic version, but it hasn't been updated in many years, and Idle Master Extended doesn't have anything like that as far as I know.
I used to use the archi idler but havent tried it in awhile so not sure if it still works.

Reactions: Copons

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

If you use exploit the steam card drop glitch, you can minimize the time to get the cards

Reactions: Wok

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
If y’all start idling cards at the same time and I get 9999 notifications in a row I’ll start screaming at the screen.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
It you have refunded games you are "punished" with this 2 extras hours before first card
Not necessarily, I don't refund a lot but do sometimes, like maybe twice a year and got no restriction. BUT I'm idling EDF and Omega Lab Life right now and so far nothing and that's after getting RDR2 refunded, looks like I've got got but I assume it's a timed restriction.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Each time I say to myself "now I'm going to idle my cards" (only have 1100 or so), I start thinking about what kind of games Steam is going to recommend me if I do that... and decide it is not worth it :p

That and I'm also lazy.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
If y’all start idling cards at the same time and I get 9999 notifications in a row I’ll start screaming at the screen.
lol when i try idling i put myself offline but i can tell when others are doing the same although it doesnt both me too much

Deleted member 113

Yes, it is not difficult, but it requires a bit of reading:

IdleMasterExtended is better to farm a lot of cards, because the cards drop faster. However, ASF is more powerful: it can do a lot more than idling for cards.
Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but since I'll barely have any time to setup things today (30 minutes or so; I can then leave the PC running), what's the quickest way to get that app working? And then, list all cards for sale?

Also, If I run that tool (without running Steam), is there any risk of being banned from any game?
Anything I should know/avoid before doing it?

And just curious, but will that tool add to my gaming time, or does it do things without "messing" with those counters.

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
craft boosters for games with highly priced cards if prices go up or stay up.
Can you explain this a bit more? What are boosters?

there'll be more cards on the market because ppl buy games
So best way would be to put the cards before sale isn't it?

Also I have a few foils, should I sell them now?

NEED SUGGESTIONS

Original Post here, would love to hear out more advice☝

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I never idled cards.
So, pardon my ignorance, but is there any (safe) application what allows me to quickly farm cards without needing to have Steam installed?
Also, does that software allow me to quickly sell huge amounts of cards quickly?

IdleMaster Extended. I kept it running for 5 days straight and farmed all 1500 of my remaining cards thanks to turbo mode. But please for the love of god please turn your steam to invisible mode so your friends dont get spammed with tons of notifications of you opening every game in your library

Now I just need to sell them @.@

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Can you explain this a bit more? What are boosters?
You can craft a booster pack for a game once every 24hrs and when unpacked you get 3 cards for that game. Randomly, could be a foil in there, could be 3x the same card. And those boosters cost gems, 1200 if a game has 5 cards, 1000 if 6 and so on but again, you only ever ge three cards.

Here's a YT tutorial.

And sell everything the second you get it, cards aren't stocks or gold.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Each time I say to myself "now I'm going to idle my cards" (only have 1100 or so), I start thinking about what kind of games Steam is going to recommend me if I do that... and decide it is not worth it :p

That and I'm also lazy.
Yeah, every time i think of idling to get cards or going through my cards to sell the ones i have i read comments in here and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, it just seems like work so i play a game instead or watch youtube. I know i've lost out on a couple of £'s but ehhhhh, effort.

Reactions: Digoman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hades is already in the top 250 best reviewed Steam games on Steam250. It is ranked #182 there. It is the third best game released in the past 3 months.

I'll barely have any time to setup things today
If you don't have much time today, keep Steam active, set your status to Invisible, and set-up IdleMasterExtended.

I cannot give you a minimal set-up for ASF, because mine is complicated. Basically, there are two JSON files in a folder: one for the software, one for the profile.

Last edited:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland

I'm pretty sure you'll end up getting way more than 37 euros. I mean, assuming you manage to sell all of them (good luck ticking 18k checkboxes in the Steam app), even at 1 cent per card you'd get at least 188 euros.
Unless I'm drunk and my math is way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.