Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Is it for sure a decision? Because it looks like a bug. You should just get tokens on checkout based on the total, regardless of currency used. It would actually be more complicated to split it into multiple stages (only when adding wallet money, and not when using wallet money).

Reactions: TheTrain

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Solved my monitor issues mentioned above.

As I said, it was my Microsoft 3050 keyboard/mouse receiver that woke the monitor from sleep.

I solved it by going into the Device manager and unchecking "Allow Windows to power down this device to conserve power" for both mouse and keyboard.

Presto! Monitor is allowed to sleep again!

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is it for sure a decision? Because it looks like a bug. You should just get tokens on checkout based on the total, regardless of currency used. It would actually be more complicated to split it into multiple stages (only when adding wallet money, and not when using wallet money).
Yeah

they made pretty clear that only funds added during the sale counts for tokens

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Might grab Planetfall, Code Vein and Pathlogic 2. They all look just my style and I liked the Code Vein PS4 beta.

Reactions: Stevey

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Might grab Planetfall, Code Vein and Pathlogic 2. They all look just my style and I liked the Code Vein PS4 beta.
I got Planetfall for cheap on here

They charge tax on check out fyi and the site is grey market like cdkeys.

Reactions: xinek

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
Yeah

they made pretty clear that only funds added during the sale counts for tokens
Ah yea. That's just straight up a terrible idea. It immensely devalues Steam wallet, punishes people for adding money recently, tons of stupid things. And again - it actually required more work for them, so I have no idea why the hell they would green light that.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Should I get involved with buying gems with steam bucks and start crafting some fat packs?

I've got about 1.80 in bux......
Unless you have a brand new 50€ anime game for which cards are expensive, no.

Idk what the rate of foils are, but my guess is that its somewhere around 1/10 for packs.
Definitely not. Trust me. I have opened packs (not for foil cards).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Should I sell the cards I’m farming from my account during the sale ?
How to maximize profit ? :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:

Reactions: Wok

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Boy I sure didn't miss doing this steam discovery queue thing for cards. Like 280 games on my wishlist wasn't enough now I have 292.

And that is just the first day. :weary-face:

Also something called Koikatsu party was in my queue because of course something like that would be there.

You are all to blame for wtvr that was and fuck anime.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Should I sell the cards I’m farming from my account during the sale ?
How to maximize profit ? :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:
I don't know if you will maximize profit, but you should be able to sell faster, because people have an incentive to craft badges.

Reactions: Li Kao

Pixieking

MetaMember
Dec 7, 2018
Thw Yule Log quest isn’t dinging for me. :/ Is there a minimum amount of time you have to watch the fire for, or something?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I buy everything on Steam with wallet funds. I get no love from Steam.
Same for me, either I fill up my wallet with gcs or selling TF2 keys

This sounds like a bug to me, it doesn't make any sense really
It's not. Or the FAQ is so poorly-written that it described a bug as the standard thing.

By the way, not very cash money from Square to not put NieR Automate on sale this time around (again). I know it was on sale a few weeks ago but I decided to wait for the Christmas sale instead.

Oh well, guess DQXI and Yooka 2 will be everything I get this sale. Maybe Greedfall or Ni No Kuni Remastered too.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
My guess is that Valve is afraid of botnet owners.

Like, dude takes free cards with 100,000 bots, transfers to the main account, and then buys stuff at a 10% discount with the golden coupons.

If dude makes money with free cards, that is money taken from Steam whales.

If dude makes money with golden coupons, that is money taken from Valve.
And 10% discount on the whole store is a nice addition to feed the money-printing loop, which could get out of control.

Last edited:

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Did they remove quests? I could have sworn there were some like "Add 3 games to different categories" and "Join a voice chat" when Iooked earlier. I only see 6 now.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I also decided to wait for this sale and some stuff is either not on sale or at a worse discount. I don't get it.

I have about $35 worth of games in my cart. That's probably all I'm spending. No point spending further if I can't even shave a measly $5 with tokens by using wallet.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Did they remove quests? I could have sworn there were some like "Add 3 games to different categories" and "Join a voice chat" when Iooked earlier. I only see 6 now.
Quests are revealed each day, like an advent calendar. EGS gives a game every day, Steam gives cards (discovery queue) and tokens (quests) every day.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
ah so they were revealed by accident. Its gonna take a looong time to get to the $5 off coupon. (I only have steam funds I would use to buy stuff)
Yes. Notice the date in the top left corner.

for Christmas (Dec 25th).
for Dec 20th and January 1st.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah I'm really hoping it is a bug, because otherwise it's quite a shitty move.
It is not bug....
Earn More Tokens When you Shop in the Winter Sale
Shop on Steam during the Winter Sale and earn 100 Festivity Tokens for every $1 you spend on Steam. You will be granted Festivity Tokens when you fund your Steam Wallet (during the sale) or make a purchase using non-Steam Wallet funds.
I know it is probably to stop abuse from bots and cards, but between this and not giving credit from previous purchases like on past sales.... they are really limiting tokens for a lot of loyal customers. Loss-leading or not, the EGS sale looks very good in comparison (your know... if it wasn't for been EGS and all :p )

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It is not bug....

I know it is probably to stop abuse from bots and cards, but between this and not giving credit from previous purchases like on past sales.... they are really limiting tokens for a lot of loyal customers. Loss-leading or not, the EGS sale looks very good in comparison (your know... if it wasn't for been EGS and all :p )
Well it's not EGS bad, but yeah it made me decide not to get anything this sale.

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
If card bots are legitimately that big a problem they should probably like, deal with them, instead of punishing a whole huge swathe of customers to avoid (maybe) some abuse. There are a ton of better ways to handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.