Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yesterday was trash. I began the day in a very good place, hoping to reach it again today, then supermarket. Delirious bill.
Then EGS gives a game I already have, and make a super good sale offer, but I ain’t into that life.
Then Nintendo EU launches its sale. With not a single fucking Nintendo game.
Then Steam launches its sale and at first glance its the usual discount level, no surprise.

I will dig deeper on the Steam front at least, I saw some cheap VN.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Just great.
I had a small amount of funds on my Paypal account, which I ended up adding to my Steam wallet earlier today, before the sale started.
On top of that, I received a gift card, which I traded for a retail Steam wallet card, so all my "disposable" funds that I planned to spend on this sale were added to my Steam wallet earlier today, in preparation for the sale.

So, it seems I'm completely out of luck, and I won't get any tokens and discount vouchers from the purchases I make with these funds.
And, since no tokens were given for the purchases I made since the last sale, it seems like I'm really out of luck.

Sometimes, Valve has some baffling decisions, and this sale event is yet another.
On last year's winter sale, by rewarding customers based on the purchases made throughout the year, it was a nice "loyalty" initiative.
This year, they did a 180º turn, and nothing applies to me.
I feel ya dude. I also bought a retail Steam Wallet card and redeemed it a little before the sale, meaning I'm fucked when it comes to Festivity Coins.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The way I see it; topping up wallet for coins has valve treating it as money you will spend to buy stuff, so it is similar to Getting coins from spending cash to buy stuff.
It still silly though, let us have all the coins volvo! Or just make it so that wallet top ups give you like 50% coins or some shit.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The wallet thingy was for balance before the start of the sale, or in general? If I buy a gift card, will it count towards coins?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The way I see it; topping up wallet for coins has valve treating it as money you will spend to buy stuff, so it is similar to Getting coins from spending cash to buy stuff.
It still silly though, let us have all the coins volvo! Or just make it so that wallet top ups give you like 50% coins or some shit.
Wait, so you can get tokens from buying games AND topping up wallet?

Sounds good on paper, but the 1 time only restriction for the discount coupon just killed all my interest.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Wait, so you can get tokens from buying games AND topping up wallet?

Sounds good on paper, but the 1 time only restriction for the discount coupon just killed all my interest.
Those two are separate fyi; you can't top up for $10 and get 100 coins, then spend those $10 wallet funds to get coins.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Typical Valve - it wouldn't be a Steam sale if they didn't fuck up something.
Based on previous happenings, they'll reverse this/compensate everyone if the outrage gets big enough, but still, that shouldn't even have happened to begin with.
If they're really so scared of card farming botnets they should either directly deal with those or at least just award everyone who topped up their wallet after i.e autumn sale with tokens.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
First New controller firmware in two years appears under new product id.

This is really interesting, first the patent for V2 and now a new firmware, might not be anything but something for all the last units sold but, It's closer than we think, I can feel it in my bones.

Reactions: madjoki

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Took me a while to figure out who Embracer Group was. I completely forgot THQ Nordic renamed again. Honestly considering their crazy acquisition spree wouldnt be shocked if they flat out bought Little Nightmares from Namco in a few years and made LN3
yeah, i can see that happening, for sure

i don't think Bamco will try doing anything else with that IP without Tarsier tbh

Reactions: Arsene

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
This is really interesting, first the patent for V2 and now a new firmware, might not be anything but something for all the last units sold but, It's closer than we think, I can feel it in my bones.
Yeah I don't think they'll abandon the Steam Controller.
Former Valve employee FinalFlame kept saying that Half Life Alyx was tied to something bigger at Valve when they worked there, I'm still thinking we might see a Valve made Steambox and new Steam controller soon.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah I don't think they'll abandon the Steam Controller.
Former Valve employee FinalFlame kept saying that Half Life Alyx was tied to something bigger at Valve when they worked there, I'm still thinking we might see a Valve made Steambox and new Steam controller soon.
That's the thing, we saw in "The Last Hour" episode a new Steambox with updated hardware that was capable of running HL:A, even if that's only for internal purposes, it exists.

A Steam Controller V2 is a given, Steambox might happen although I wonder 3 things:

1 - their strategy to sell it (maybe VR machine or couch machine?)
2 - number of configurations (hope it's just 1 or 2 and all in-house)
3 - WHEN WILL THEY RESURRECT THE HANDLED PROJECT.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I was tempted, but your appetite suddenly grows bigger than you actually don't spend a dime of your own money :( (that shit sounds weird, I was talking about myself lol),
still - get it ASAP ... it's so so so so so soooooooooo good

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
their strategy to sell it
They should sell it as a game console, have a custom linux distro (Steam OS) installed and a custom UI (maybe a renovated big picture) and offer automatic optimization for big AAA releases (like nvidia does with their geforce software). And yes, to do all that they should keep it in-house with only a couple of configurations available.

I think that's the only way for them to succeed. The enthusiast market will keep building their own PC no matter what, they should try to sell them to the "a PC is too hard to manage, I want to sit on my couch, switch my brain off and play a game with no issues" kind of audience.

Reactions: madjoki

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Sorry for going back into that whole Star Wars reaction to the latest movie thing, but I had to share what Swery had to say about it:

I agree with him in the sense that Rise is a terrible follow up to Last Jedi, basically the entire first half is set up to reverse every single thing that movie set up. Then JJ goes back to vaguely remaking Return of the Jedi, which was the plan all along, I assume. Just this pesky Rian Johnson who forced him to write something original.

Suckin’ up to lashman eh?
All part of my secret plan in taking over MetaSteam: first get into a position of power by sucking up to the (lash)man, then a coup to take over Meta, and make it into what it always should have been:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Sorry for going back into that whole Star Wars reaction to the latest movie thing, but I had to share what Swery had to say about it:

I'm surprised that Swery didn't like TLJ, thought he's into weirder things seeing how DP is basically TP on steroids. I guess he likes his blockbusters to be more straightforward.

Not a fan of TLJ either, though I dislike most of Star Wars movies, I just find the films outside the first two and Rogue One to be extremely boring. That being said, as convoluted as it is, EU is great, too bad it got gutted in favor of new series.

Reactions: Eferis

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
If you guys need a group chat to enter and voice here is mine:
[Hidden content]
Tried it though but it's not ticking it off on my quest list =/

EDIT: nvm, worked now

Oh come on Swery don't do this to me :(

TLJ has definitely got problems but it's much better than TFA or ROS. Sue me :p

Last edited:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
How is Risk of Rain 2 content wise nowadays?
It's more of the same. Still an endless loop with no definitive end.

-Two brand new maps + two variants of two older maps
-Three more survivors (nine total)
-Six new enemies
-About twenty new items
-Alternate abilities and skins for the survivors (except engineer)

Last edited:
Reactions: inky and xinek
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'll try. I'm not a biggest fan of original LiS tho, I hope the second game is better.
it absolutely is ... EASILY! in pretty much every aspect ... graphics, soundtrack, voice acting, story, writing, you name it

All part of my secret plan in taking over MetaSteam: first get into a position of power by sucking up to the (lash)man, then a coup to take over Meta, and make it into what it always should have been:

also - you have to suck up to everyone ... i'm not the one making decisions here, lol

Fucking hell :eek:
i know, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.