Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

People getting all hyped for Persona 5 Scramble need to be more clear that this is still a Musou game! Even if it's a story sequel, it's a Musou game! Even if they are modifying the mechanics to be more like Persona (like they did for Age of Calamity), it is still a Musou game. It's not a Persona 5 rpg sequel. Its a Persona 5 Musou game/sequel.

Which means I am instantly skeptical and will be waiting for reviews and the game to be out before I jump in.

I would be more interested in playing P5R on PC but this musou sequel has me feeling sus. Gonna wait.

Dec 5, 2018
Was this posted here? I don't know if I should laugh

They downgraded the game in more ways that i could expect (the original had an exit option in the menu ....)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
They downgraded the game in more ways that i could expect (the original had an exit option in the menu ....)
From what I recall that menu option was actually patched in and not originally a part of the game
Was this posted here? I don't know if I should laugh

Ehhhh so the made the game worse somehow

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Can't help but be impressed even though it's not the kind of game I want (MMO). I mean, it's on mobile (too, like Genshin) but looks like Project Awakening ~Lite.
Don't fall for Korean MMO CG trailers. Odds are this shit will be all flash/no substance filled with pay 2 win microtransactions up the ass.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Don't fall for Korean MMO CG trailers. Odds are this shit will be all flash/no substance filled with pay 2 win microtransactions up the ass.
I already said I'm not interested in the game. Boss fight looks like gameplay alongside other bits here and there and looks great visually though.

Korean games impress a lot of the time, like Lost Ark which puts to shame so many other ARPG efforts on visuals, scale and the sheer cool factor of it.

Explains MH World PC non-Jp Asia sales, they got the sweet hardware to run games like it already..!

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
What was the consensus on John Wick Hex? I could've sworn people were down on it when it first launched, but I don't remember why (and I could be mixing it up with some other bad EGS exclusive).

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

Can't help but be impressed even though it's not the kind of game I want (MMO). I mean, it's on mobile (too, like Genshin) but looks like Project Awakening ~Lite.
Damn, if this wasn't a MMO I'd be all over it.

The new humble bundle is tempting, I've always wanted to check out the Zwei games.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
:oops:
I read that sentence at least six times and I'm not sure I get it.
Are you claiming that Forza Horizon 4, a Windows Store game, downloaded successfully ?
Indeed! :smiling-eyes: Not without issues along the way though. Every time I was playing Battle Chasers the Horizon download would stop and I would have to restart it manually. Also, Microsoft apparently can't do math since I had downloaded 75 out of 77 GB and the client calculated that as 75% of the download being complete. The other entry (which I already said I don't know why it exists) showed a different total file size (92 GB instead of the correct one, 77 GB) and it calculated my 75 out of 92 GB as being 45% done. Like, seriously, how the fuck is Microsoft so awful at such basic functions?

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
What was the consensus on John Wick Hex? I could've sworn people were down on it when it first launched, but I don't remember why (and I could be mixing it up with some other bad EGS exclusive).
Personally I found it surprisingly difficult. It's really rock hard in a number of levels, which is surprising considering it has no difficulty options

Last edited:
Reactions: Avern

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Indeed! :smiling-eyes: Not without issues along the way though. Every time I was playing Battle Chasers the Horizon download would stop and I would have to restart it manually. Also, Microsoft apparently can't do math since I had downloaded 75 out of 77 GB and the client calculated that as 75% of the download being complete. The other entry (which I already said I don't know why it exists) showed a different total file size (92 GB instead of the correct one, 77 GB) and it calculated my 75 out of 92 GB as being 45% done. Like, seriously, how the fuck is Microsoft so awful at such basic functions?
Super happy that it worked. Forza Horizon 4 is the best racing game in recent memory. ;)

And by the way DO NOT even try to move your game from one driver to another using "Program & Features"
The game will be corrupted and you will have to redownload it, at least this is what happens to me whenever I try.

Reactions: Alexandros

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
People getting all hyped for Persona 5 Scramble need to be more clear that this is still a Musou game! Even if it's a story sequel, it's a Musou game! Even if they are modifying the mechanics to be more like Persona (like they did for Age of Calamity), it is still a Musou game. It's not a Persona 5 rpg sequel. Its a Persona 5 Musou game/sequel.

Which means I am instantly skeptical and will be waiting for reviews and the game to be out before I jump in.

I would be more interested in playing P5R on PC but this musou sequel has me feeling sus. Gonna wait.
Threatening me with a good time heh

• Toucan
Reactions: QFNS

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I kinda want to play Phoenix Point. I mean yeah I know, but Lovecraftian Xcom.
Then again I still haven’t played Xcom 2.
Then again my new monitor should arrive tomorrow and I won’t play anything now. Must be up early to watch for the delivery.

This was a useful post.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I kinda want to play Phoenix Point. I mean yeah I know, but Lovecraftian Xcom.
Then again I still haven’t played Xcom 2.
Then again my new monitor should arrive tomorrow and I won’t play anything now. Must be up early to watch for the delivery.

This was a useful post.
Xcom 2 gets big discounts all the time and there's no way Phoenix Point is the better game. Give it a go! Don't bother without War of the Chosen though.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Games I'm interested in and a co op roguelike for me and a friend? Great humble choice for me. Will have to try and pause to get a discount when I get home :evilblob:.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Star Wars Squadrons kinda sucks?
It's not bad per se, but like, really vapid?
Shallow to play, the missions thus far have been boring and it just doesn't feel anywhere near as great as something like Ace Combat 7

I'll get the P5 musou game, I kinda like musou stuff
I'll likely get it too for the waifus.
And regret it like all musou's i bought.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I wish they'd give Steam keys for epic owners.
Why? Epic owners have chosen to buy these games on EGS. If having these games on Steam is so important for them, it makes no sense to support a storefront that pays hundreds of developers to keep their games away from Steam in the first place.

• This!
Reactions: Alexandros

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Speaking of XCOM has anybody tried Stirring Abyss? I'm charmed by underwater XCOM with a submarine base, but I'm wondering if it loses its charm after 4 or 5 missions. Yeah we're still underwater. Go kill those guys now. Looks cool though.
Oh, it's not a mod for Xcom :(

Terror from the deep was my first Xcom experience. And even one of the first PC games I owned. (together with Civnet, Imperialism, Aces of the deep (Silent hunter clone), and Earthsiege (Mechwarrior clone)

Reactions: Alexandros and ISee

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Oh, it's not a mod for Xcom :(

Terror from the deep was my first Xcom experience. And even one of the first PC games I owned. (together with Civnet, Imperialism, Aces of the deep (Silent hunter clone), and Earthsiege (Mechwarrior clone)
No no I mean this:

(I did play Terror from the Deep briefly back then. Barely. I remember it being way over my head and I just didn't get it.)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Star Wars Squadrons kinda sucks?
It's not bad per se, but like, really vapid?
Shallow to play, the missions thus far have been boring and it just doesn't feel anywhere near as great as something like Ace Combat 7
I totally agree, I've played a few missions now and it just isn't doing it for me. Feels a bit off.

• Sad

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Dragon Quest XI vanilla delisted from Steam.
Tremendously huge motherfuckers. I must be calm with my budget after the monitor purchase, but the old version isn’t going to last long at sane prices.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Glad I own vanilla DQ11. They should have released this a year ago as a free upgrade to vanilla owners. Square really fucking sucks. There is not much else to say.

I know it's VNN and you should take it with a grain of salt, but I enjoy watching his videos:

Deploying and controlling bots doesn't really sound like Half-Life at all.

VR and Multi sounds suspicious too. I believe one of the Valve devs last year said there still isn't enough of a VR user base for them to make any type of multiplayer game.

I think the VNN guy is way too focused on codenames via leaks. It could be anything. The whole thing sounds like a new mode for Team Fortress 3 or something like that tbh.

• Sad

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
According to the replies, there is an exit option in the menu, so that squeenix rep that made that topic doesn't even know their own game has an exit option?
I would look more into this but I have the modded DQ game and it says I needs DX 11 feature 10.00 to run the game engine

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Anyone that wanted One Step From Eden from Monthly, you're welcome, cause I bought it mid-November and have 2.5 hours in it so basically guaranteed it'd hit soon :face-with-stuck-out-tongue: Actually it's a great month for me anyway despite having 2 games I have (One Step and Indivisble) since there's so much else on there I wanted. First one in ages that I don't have to think about not pausing.

Plus, I'll even get use out of the EA Pass thing, since I haven't subscribed ever and I can use it to play Jedi Metroid finally!

• Toucan
Reactions: Dekunator

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm curious, does the Persona 5 story tie into earlier games in any meaningful way? In P4 they took a class trip to P3 school, but that's about it right? Then the fighting games actually brought them together somehow? Is there an actual overarching story in the background?

Reactions: QFNS

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm curious, does the Persona 5 story tie into earlier games in any meaningful way? In P4 they took a class trip to P3 school, but that's about it right? Then the fighting games actually brought them together somehow? Is there an actual overarching story in the background?
No, not at all.

Reactions: QFNS and PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.