Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
ABSOLUTELY, in my case I take very long walks in some remote areas I like to visit, it might be 2 straight hours of walking and it feels absolutely amazing. :cat-heart-blob:
I walk around 4 or 5 kms three or four times a week. It's such a great activity to empty your mind and get your blood flow pumping.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I walk around 4 or 5 kms three or four times a week. It's such a great activity to empty your mind and get your blood flow pumping.
Yeah, this is what I'm looking for constantly, to be calmed and stay out of the city as much as I can.

Reactions: PhaZZe and Echoes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I haven't been to a gym in like 8 years. Just do push ups and lunges at home. Have some dumbbells too.

I think gym is a giant waste of time in most cases.

Reactions: PhaZZe

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
ABSOLUTELY, in my case I take very long walks in some remote areas I like to visit, it might be 2 straight hours of walking and it feels absolutely amazing. :cat-heart-blob:
This is why i love my dog, we can walk to some remote areas for hours.

• Love
Reactions: Mor

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Nice thread. Thanks for putting it together, lashman!

The title is fitting too, since these Empire of Sin reviews are making me :notlikethisblob:. I hope some patches and updates can fix things, because it's too late to cancel the preorder I already redeemed.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Seems like home workout equipment are getting more popular these days. They're quite affordable, to my surprise. With your own treadmill, spinning bike, weights, etc, you don't really need to go to a gym anymore.
Take it a step further: if one could set up a room with such equipment, have a mounted tv on the wall, it would be great.
You could watch or have something playing on it while u excersie to help pass the time
Cuz hey if u r gonna do a 10 km walk/power walk
May as well do it while something like columbo is in your peripheral vision ;p

....at least in my opinion :x

Reactions: texhnolyze

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Immortals Fenyx Rising is getting far more praise than I expected, my 1 month of Ubi+ is ending on the 8th, so I will be taking my time with that game until CP2077 arrives.
I'm surprised myself

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm surprised myself
I didn't know that it was the Odyssey team that is behind the game, at least the game world and I loved Odysseys game world and exploring it so I got somewhat excited because of that.

Reactions: ISee

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Doom Eternal hits Game Pass December 3.

Immortals looks much better than I would have guessed. I don't want to directly give Ubi money, so I'll probably use Gamefly to rent it in the future (as I did with AC Valhalla).

Reactions: Arsene and ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I suppose Nvidia doesn't do plans too. Why bother selling to poor peasants.
These releases are beginning to make me angry even before the fucking shortage. That, uh, something I guess.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have problem deciding between Spintires and Mudrunner, they seem the same, but different. Mudrunner seems more arcadey and Spintires more simulation.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I have problem deciding between Spintires and Mudrunner, they seem the same, but different. Mudrunner seems more arcadey and Spintires more simulation.
I have no idea about either but at least you can try right now Mudrunner on Epic store (free) so that might help you decide or at least eliminate a candidate.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
You can do a lot with very little space.

I've used this bar for years.

It can be fully broken down in about 30 seconds when you're done with it, and adjusts to do stuff like dips and inverted rows. Once you're good at pullups/chinups/dips you can use a weight belt and some plates to keep it going.

These bars are out of stock but they're pretty much what you need. I have used them for years also:
Amazon product
These work with standard olympic plates and collars. If possible avoid those dinky dumbbells that can't be really loaded or are non-standard sizes. You can put pretty much all the weight you'd need on these and you'll never outgrow it. You can do squats and deadlifts with this setup too if you are super pressed for space. And it all comes apart and can be stashed under a bed or in a corner. (TIP: avoid CAP barbell unless it's just regular olympic iron plates. Their equipment is cheap, but it's total shit.)

Anything else can be done as long as you have enough floor space to fully lay down on.

Good luck finding plates! Plates appear to be in very short supply due to covid in the US at least.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
RDR Online standalone is now live, but not yet on Steam.

I guess it's because the Autumn Sale is still on? If the timer is correct, it'll end in an hour.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
'Well, financing Codename Süßkartoffel will be made possible through different building blocks. The core block, which is making all of this possible in the first place, is an undisclosed and independent investor that we will talk about at a later time in more detail!'

:sweaty-blob:

How do you even pronounce Süßkartoffel, ISee ?

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
'Well, financing Codename Süßkartoffel will be made possible through different building blocks. The core block, which is making all of this possible in the first place, is an undisclosed and independent investor that we will talk about at a later time in more detail!'

:sweaty-blob:

How do you even pronounce Süßkartoffel, ISee ?
Sus (like the Among Us word)-car-tome-fell

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Looks like Twin Mirror is shit. Need moar reviews to have a better picture though.
RPS sure don't make it look good. And there is the Eurogamer review, but it's by a very opinionated person.

Status
Not open for further replies.