Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This is some dumb creepy pandering shit >_>;
The girl doesn't know the meaning of stalker (she thought stalker = passionate fans), so she was happy when the player says yes, thus the affinity up. She got immediately corrected by her friend though. What I tried to communicate in the original post is that "choosing the normal or correct choice in Sakura Wars may not result in affinity change".

Sakura Wars always has a dark story coated in comedy. It is the signature of the franchise. I do agree it has some creepy moments, so do avoid it if you only want games that are always serious and mature.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
You are all already making, what we, Spanish talking people call "PAJAS MENTALES"

I don't fucking know where the fuck this EGS thing comes from but once again, you are already choosing between PS5 or an storefront that isn't even confirmed lol

Epic deal was something that people assumed and as I said, IIRC it was already debunked, so just calm down, lol

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Every time we get an upcoming announcement people lose their minds over EGS.

Just wait until the thing is announced before going on about it. If you constantly worry about every upcoming game going to EGS you'll make yourself very unhappy.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
well, it's December 15 and EA Play is still not available on Xbox Game Pass PC. would be nice if they put out a statement or something!

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

--

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
well, it's December 15 and EA Play is still not available on Xbox Game Pass PC. would be nice if they put out a statement or something!

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I guess Microsofts crappy UWP stuff doesn't play nice with EA's services? 😂

Edit: damn you crimsonheadGCN 😋

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
lol fuck this

I mean, I had a feeling they had run into serious technical issues with connecting Xbox and EA Play accounts and this was coming given the lack of details about how the integration would work or responses to questions about it despite the ostensibly imminent launch, but how do you fuck this up badly enough to not announce it until the day it was supposed to launch

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmmm that sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind the change up. I wonder if that is related to the last (?) weapon that I haven't bothered to unlock yet. I have 12 keys accumulated or something but just haven't bothered to walk over there and pick it up.
Nope, it's a weapon variant, that's later down the road.
That being said, and while I don't really like it, the last weapon you still have to unlock is some crazy shit :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Both Death Stranding and MGSV did really well on Steam so it would be very disappointing if Kojima's next game never made it to the store. I'm totally expecting it to be perma PS5 exclusive and not even anything to do with EGS. I bet it will be a VR game since its confirmed to be a horror game and Kojima seems like that one developer to make the next big VR game after Alyx. So it will probably be PSVR2 launch game in 2022. Sony will snatch it up quick. I don't see it being announced this week tho. That is probably a new version of Death Stranding or even an expansion of some kind.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Shahem

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That was one damn short direct :thinking-blob:
TIL that there is now a Fortnite Among Us, a visual novel Among Us, and a Switch Among US. I love this industry sometimes.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: PhaZZe and Li Kao

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I quite liked the Jurassic World game. Its a very striped down builder, not that complex a simulation but it was fun building dinosaur pens and filling them. Has good controller support too for comfy couch play.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
So what did I miss. No Silksong? Why have a nintendo direct then? Why even have a nintendo!? What does it all mean?

But as they say life goes on... and on. 🥃🍸🍺🥃🥃🍷🥃:sleep:
Nope, it's a weapon variant, that's later down the road.
That being said, and while I don't really like it, the last weapon you still have to unlock is some crazy shit :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Sounds like Supergiant is about to mess with my shit aren't they. Well, I was hoping there was more to things than hit two buttons until you see the credits so I guess it's ok.

• Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Finished Call of the Sea and that was nice little game. But i kinda expected more. I expected it to be open world so i can explore that island that looked amazing. But nope it is level based game. Puzzles are nice and not too hard (except one in Chapter 4) and as i said environments are amazing. Music is beautiful and story is nice. I liked voice acting a lot. Overall it is really nice game and even though it is just 20$ (i paid 12 on WinGameStore because i had like 5$ on the wallet there) i can't recommend it to everyone at full price. But if you like light walking simulators with puzzles play it My Dear Old Pal :D

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Finished Call of the Sea and that was nice little game. But i kinda expected more. I expected it to be open world so i can explore that island that looked amazing. But nope it is level based game. Puzzles are nice and not too hard (except one in Chapter 4) and as i said environments are amazing. Music is beautiful and story is nice. I liked voice acting a lot. Overall it is really nice game and even though it is just 20$ (i paid 12 on WinGameStore because i had like 5$ on the wallet there) i can't recommend it to everyone at full price. But if you like light walking simulators with puzzles play it My Dear Old Pal :D
yup, it's great! :)

Reactions: ISee

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

finished it the other day and enjoyed it overall. ran into a few bugs (the 2D animations that are supposed to be overlaid when you read certain letters wouldn't display properly, some graphics glitches early in the game), and some of the puzzles struck me as being much too obtuse

Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Steam is by far our biggest market share. In fact, I would call our console launch a faceplant. Our sales were about 10% of what we expected them to be. A few months ago, we were fortunate that Microsoft featured us on the family homepage, and Xbox sales have picked up substantially since then. Playstation has remained a trickle, and our PS4 release was hardly worth it for us, especially considering what a difficult platform it is to release on, from both a development and administrative perspective.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I only played this a few hours so far, but it seems promising. There's a lack of content right now though.

The passage about console sales don't surprise me much. From a personal experience, console discoverability is pretty awful, especially on Switch. If you aren't highlighted, you aren't getting noticed. As much as people love to slag Steam, they're the only major store that's actually trying to improve the discoverability experience.

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
I mean, I had a feeling they had run into serious technical issues with connecting Xbox and EA Play accounts and this was coming given the lack of details about how the integration would work or responses to questions about it despite the ostensibly imminent launch, but how do you fuck this up badly enough to not announce it until the day it was supposed to launch
Microsoft are fairly on the end of much criticism for this Game Pass/EA Play debacle - and for the very belated timing of the announcement in particular they certainly should be - but my suspicion is that the delay is on EA's end.

The EA Desktop app is still in its infancy, and pretty rough - most notably, most of their library, much of which is in EA Play and presumably earmarked for Game Pass PC integration, isn't available yet through this new app. I still need to use the Origin client to access many games in my EA library, and development/additions to the EA Desktop app have been slow/practically non-existent since it first released. Given this new client seemingly plays a key role in this Game Pass/EA Play license activation thing, it not being ready would be an issue I reckon!

Status
Not open for further replies.