Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Microsoft are fairly on the end of much criticism for this Game Pass/EA Play debacle - and for the very belated timing of the announcement in particular they certainly should be - but my suspicion is that the delay is on EA's end.

The EA Desktop app is still in its infancy, and pretty rough - most notably, most of their library, much of which is in EA Play and presumably earmarked for Game Pass PC integration, isn't available yet through this new app. I still need to use the Origin client to access many games in my EA library, and development/additions to the EA Desktop app have been slow/practically non-existent since it first released. Given this new client seemingly plays a key role in this Game Pass/EA Play license activation thing, it not being ready would be an issue I reckon!
On the marketing/PR side, MS deserves a ton of shit for this - they were publicly advertising the Dec. 15 date at the Game Awards just five days ago, and by some accounts, they were running ads (on Reddit, possibly elsewhere) advertising the availability of EA Play on Game Pass PC as late as earlier today.

but assuming that the reason for the delay was technical obstacles linking EA Play/EA Desktop with MS accounts, I have a feeling you're right that it's primarily on EA's end. Just last night, I tried redeeming a Mirror's Edge Catalyst Origin code I had lying around, and no matter what I tried with the EA Desktop client (logging in and out, deleting my cache, quitting and restarting the app), it wouldn't show up in my library. Tried installing the Origin client that this is supposed to replace, and no such issue, the game showed up in my library just as I'd expect.

anyway, given how shittily MS handled this, the right thing to do would be for them to gift at least a month of free EA Play to everyone with a Game Pass PC or Game Pass Ultimate subscription. but I get the feeling that they won't bother

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Starbase Alpha Signup
We are inviting players to help us with the development by testing the Alpha version of the game and provide us with various forms of feedback (technical, gameplay, etc). During Closed Alpha the game will break often and many features are missing or not fully functional - the game is not yet ready for the majority of gamers to join in.

We'll start with moderate amounts of invites first, but before Early Access launches, we hope to properly stress test the game with massive player counts, so expect the invitations to ramp up significantly in the coming couple of months.

P.S. If you've already filled our original survey (Jan 2020 - May 2020), please do not fill this signup form, unless we specifically ask you to. You will be considered for a Closed Alpha invite and we will prioritize the original survey.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I swear Cyberpunk is getting crazier and crazier by the day as I am playing it. Just had quite an experience with some ordinary side gig.

I was walking through the streets at night and had someone call me telling me about an apartment nearby. Telling me to go to a building and break in to someones home to rescue them (and find files on their computer or wtvr). So get into this building and run up the stairs slashing people with my katana. I hack their front door while fighting people off. I find files on their computer then pick up their half dead (I think overdosed) body and jump out of a 2nd/3rd story balcony while people are trying to kill me. I dump their body into someones car. They drive off and I just walk off into the alley full of people nearby with the mission complete.

The whole thing was so intense and crazy. It felt like I was playing shadow warrior for a minute because of how fast the movement/melee can be heh.

Mind completely blown by how incredible this game is and how well designed the world/mission structure can be. It all blends into the open world so well wtf.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Kuro no Kiseki (next Trails title) as well as Nayuta no Kiseki PS4 port announced in Famitsu this week. Gematsu should report on them soon.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
La Mulana 2 kickstarter sent their digital rewards for backing at certain tiers. Anyone want to sell their La Mulana 1 rewards?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I would have spent a lot if I had money. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I don't have money either. My plan is to buy just Yakuza 3 for now and finding a good price for P5S on cdkeys or another site. No way I can afford full price.
Nier is only in April so hopefully things will be looking better by then but unfortunately I doubt it.

• Hug
  • Love
Reactions: Li Kao and Cacher

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Kuro no Kiseki (next Trails title) as well as Nayuta no Kiseki PS4 port announced in Famitsu this week. Gematsu should report on them soon.

Gematsu is still sleeping so here's a quick summary from reddit. Shame they're not scrapping the bonding system but #9 and #10 sound very good.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Gematsu is still sleeping so here's a quick summary from reddit. Shame they're not scrapping the bonding system but #9 and #10 sound very good.
Translations are accurate. Just a follow-up, the title 黎 refers to 黎明 (Sunrise), and the pronunciation is Rei. Kuro refers to something else, probably 黒 (Black). Just like how the last entry is called Hajime (start) no Kiseki while the kanji title is actually Sou (create) no Kiseki.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and sanhora

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hades update on Steam !!! What's in it, could it be the fabled crossplay update ? No idea, no update notes on steam, nor on Twitter, nor on the official site.
I mean :thinking-blob:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Devotion on GOG

It will be interesting to see if it's coming back to Steam too, because, we know GOG isn't an important platform on China but Steam is so, will they risk it? is GOG their only option given the low visibility in the mainland? well, we will have to wait to find out.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The more I played Cyberpunk the more gamebreaking bugs I ran into and performance got increasingly worse so I decided to refund it for now. Will probably pick it up again in a year or two when a GOTY edition comes out. I had 10 hours in the game and sent a support ticket to Valve directly explaining my reasoning and they refunded me no question asked lol. I’m really not in a financial position to sink $80 bucks on a game that feels like its being held together by duct tape right now.

Last time I had to go to support directly for a refund I had to have a back and forth with the support person that lasted like 10 responses over the course of a week but this time it only took 1 message and a few hours. Maybe they’re getting a lot of CP2077 refund requests.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm sure there's a thread for this stuff but i can't find it ( not that i looked for more than a minute )

Prison Architect is free on GOG for the next 70 odd hours: Prison Architect on GOG.com
Click "Go To Giveaway" then scroll down the page a bit for the redeem button.

Today's UbiConnect freebie is some cosmetics for Watchdogs Legion.
Go to your regional UbiConnect page and there should be a link somewhere.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Wow
So seems wolf2 on gog is region locked and not available in my region?
Could someone post how much the game+season pass costs please?

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Wow
So seems wolf2 on gog is region locked and not available in my region?
Could someone post how much the game+season pass costs please?
Base game: 29.99 euro
Season pass: 24.99 euro
Digital deluxe: 59.99 euro

Weird how the digital deluxe is the game + SP, but it's cheaper to get them separately. Maybe it has some other extras like the soundtrack? Doesn't seem like it though.

edit: lol steam

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
If you're gonna buy somethin from gog during this sale, getting stuff from the Bundle pages results in games being cheaper than if you get them normally.

Base game: 29.99 euro
Season pass: 24.99 euro
Digital deluxe: 59.99 euro

Weird how the digital deluxe is the game + SP, but it's cheaper to get them separately. Maybe it has some other extras like the soundtrack? Doesn't seem like it though.

edit: lol steam

Ah thanks, I can do the maths then xp

free thingy, I think base was in humble?
Hrm I recall a choice or bundle that had it but it was the only game I wanted out of all the other stuff in it and didn't get it then.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The process behind distributing Devotion defies understanding. Surely they 1. anticipated this response and 2. decided to go on with it? So strange.

Money, the one DRM that even GOG can't beat :dmcblob:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.