Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Sometime in mid-to-late January we’d like to start letting players invite their friends as our main way of inviting new players while we continue to iterate.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The reality of cp situation is that whatever is going to be published by sony has to pass mandatory cert which implies $ and time for the process. If something isn't working properly - it's ms or sony's fault. Publishers can simply push a library tile with no game.
What about cdpr? Cdpr delivered dat polish polish like they always did, amazing how 1 Keanu can change that with a couple of 'You' re amazing' lol
According to investor call several days ago, CDPR basically push through cert with the promise to fix everything before launch and Sony/MS took their words.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Sony really don't want to put an actual refund policy in place, huh?
I think that's why they want to try and present Cyberpunk as some sort of unique special case.

PC games, especially 8 years after a console generation release, are expected to run better on hardware which is literally more than an order of magnitude faster.
The amount of platform-specific optimization effort invested is really incomparable.
That's depressingly accurate. I think it's really about that in the end, and it's pretty shameful that people are going "Oooh, burn!" when they are being granted a right that's been standard on PC for ... a decade I think, only as an exception.

Reactions: Durante

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
On the topic of CDPR while I'm at it, I'm not sure about all that goodwill. My view is that it's a complicated situation. As far as I'm concerned, CDPR stopped being a PC darling with TW3, where console visual target parity was a topic they stonewalled the community about (which is not the same as a downgrade, for the record). Anything from then was appreciated as them doing the right thing, but there was always this undercurrent of "They are one of the big ones now" where even their heartfelt thanks were taking the shape of high-budget CGI videos.

That's not to say I don't appreciate what they do, C77 is an amazing game in my view, and they keep on raising the bar for every game they make. This one has deep flaws, but I think many critics are downplaying a lot of the incredible things it does. But even before C77's release, I never got the impression that CDPR had customer's priorities at heart. They still do innovate (while not innovating at all in other areas) and I appreciate anyone pushing the boundaries in this formula-smitten industry.

Then there's this pressure from investors who appear to be assholes that would make Piranhas look tame and orderly by comparison. For better or worse, even if they deliver really incredible games - in my opinion anyway - they are now serfs to the mechanics and economics of quarterly returns. Any good intention they might have has to be checked against an irate bean-counter, and its odds are mighty long at this point.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Funny how Valve avoided a whole refund debacle simply by having a well-made refund system.

I have zero doubts that if Valve didn't have a refund system in place, they would also have (rightfully) caught a lot of shit.

MS has a better refund system than Sony, but still has some shenanigans from what I've read.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel like I wanna get Paradise Killer, heard so much good about it, but I already have far too many great looking indie games I have not played on my list that I own.

• Eyes
Reactions: C-Dub and Tomasety

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Having just played a bit of SC 3.12... After so much time playing C77, I have to say : damn is the IQ clear as day, there's definitively something to be said for how grainy and grungy C77's image is. And holy crap can nothing do justice to how it feels to fly through a nebula.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Wow at that Cyberpunk news.

Still believe the best option would have been to cancel the PS4 and Xbox One version a year or two ago. I mean they must have known the terrible state it was in, and at some point you can just make some basic calculations on how many things you have in an average location in the game, and how hard it would be to get it to run normally on those old consoles.
Of course, the biggest issue here is that Sony still can't be arsed to get a normal refund system in place.

This made me laugh. Sorry, not sorry.
I think one issue here is that as a PC gamer you can reduce in game settings or simply revisit the game later if you wish when you have have better hardware. As a console player, you're out of luck.

Reactions: Tomasety

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
You gotta feel bad for whichever devs were put on those console ports and fucking KNEW they were gonna be shit and were told to shut up and ship anyway. That must suck, knowing you're gonna get destroyed but being told everything is fine.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Finally releasing out of early access, been waiting for years. Still Q2 2021 though.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Finally releasing out of early access, been waiting for years. Still Q2 2021 though.

Yep, can't wait. It's on my list of EA games I'm waiting for launch to really get into.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

I was kinda correct I would say :sorryblob:
No, it's really not "shit" at all.

Salty console gamers and people who expected GTA combine to make the online discourse exceedingly silly though.

(Edit: interestingly enough, I half expected to not like the game as much because they were going for the GTA aspect too hard, which I really don't care for at all. Well, clearly they didn't, which is good for me and perhaps less so for others)

Reactions: QFNS and LEANIJA

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
You gotta feel bad for whichever devs were put on those console ports and fucking KNEW they were gonna be shit and were told to shut up and ship anyway. That must suck, knowing you're gonna get destroyed but being told everything is fine.
I mean, hopefully they took it as a challenge even if they knew going in it was a fool errand. See what kind of experiments you can come up with to make it playable and we'll go from there kinda thing. I doubt CDPR is going to be firing anyone over this, even if fingers will be pointed

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Not sure I will be able to endure AOE I for much longer.
AI is shit, pathfinding is shit, the in game alarm for attacks drives me up the walls (it happens quite often) and it looks super long.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

More competition for AMD and Intel.

I wonder when Google and Amazon will start designing their own chips?

• Eyes
Reactions: Panda Pedinte
Status
Not open for further replies.