Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Good stuff : the PC version of Gears 5 received the Series X enhancements, the new global illumination looks really nice and even cranked up to 16 samples it runs flawlessly on my 3070 along with ultra regular settings. 60fps locked here.
Imagine that. Actually updating your PC version with upgrades you make on the console side.

Maybe someone should let Capcom know they're allowed to do this?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yikes. Not sure that this is an objective move though. Much, much more broken games were given a pass, this sets a rather interesting precedent. I hope this raises the bar expected for quality and stability for future products, including Sony's own, otherwise this is going to bite them in the ass.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Wait, delisted completely? Jesus, how bad could it possibly be? Is it truly that busted or is this likely to be in reaction to the sheer volume of complaints and refund requests they're getting?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yikes. Not sure that this is an objective move though. Much, much more broken games were given a pass, this sets a rather interesting precedent. I hope this raises the bar expected for quality and stability for future products, including Sony's own, otherwise this is going to bite them in the ass.
This is Sony giving CDPR the finger for throwing them under the bus with the refund PR spin they attempted to do earlier this week.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I imagine Sony call centers are getting large volume of angry chats/calls and almost all of them are about CP2077. Sometimes scorched earth is the best strategy. :dana_blanket:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and PC-tan

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Good guy Sony.

I bet lots of people have finished the game too. I think it's still a good a deal for them, all things considered.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
They should have canned those old versions with an apology telling people to wait for PS5/XsX versions. The whole refund thing would have been less of mess that way.

The game they built is bringing the new 3xxx cards to their knees on ultra settings. And the new cards are like 20x more powerful than what is inside those old ass 2013 machines. The tech is just outdated. There are times in the game where you literally walk around a giant beautiful downtown area and get in a building to ride up elevators looking at the outer beautiful surrounding like its real fucking life. No loads, no masking bullshit to cover things up like all other games do. Its mindblowing and legit next gen at times. The tech is incredible and there are so many other combat/gameplay layers to it all. It sucks so much people had such shit experiences with it all on consoles because on PC its a visual blast at every corner of every street.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
There were a few issues we had with progression not unlocking on both players' accounts as well, but I believe the latest patch or another recent one fixed that. I thought I saw it listed in there.
The bug still happening to us :(

• Sad
Reactions: QFNS

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The greedy investors probably won't let them to do a staggered release, though. They don't want to miss holiday spending, especially when most of the western world still under COVID quarantine. There's money to be made and the time is right now, since the game has already delayed a few times.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Only indie games can get away with releasing on PC first, then consoles later, not a massive AAA console game like Cyberpunk.
The game has only been out for a week. Kind of sucks for Sony not to give them time to fix it when CDPR even said a patch is coming within the week. So it should be soon but maybe Sony knows the new patch ain't fixing anything. The january/feb patch is probably where its at lol.

But yea console gamers are very impatient and whiny compared to PC gamers. Remember last year when Rockstar released a dog shit port of RDR2 after making PC gamers wait a year for the game. PC gamers weren't as outraged and just waited a month for them to fix it with the Steam version basically.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and PC-tan

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Sony removed it because they don't have proper refund policy and proper way to refund games. You literally need to talk with support to refund game. And this probably clogged their support so they decided to remove game. One day PlayStation owners will realize that Sony is so behind other digital stores when PSN is question but today is not that day.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wut. Did you focus on the main quest at the exclusion of everything else or something? Because I have 30+ hours in the game and there's no way in hell I'm anywhere close to finishing it. Shit, I barely touched the three main questlines.
It's in the rest of the post you didn't quote.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Dan set for Feb. In sf5? Aight cool i can wait

Baby from dragon ball gt is the next fighterz character though? 💬

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Sony removed it because they don't have proper refund policy and proper way to refund games. You literally need to talk with support to refund game. And this probably clogged their support so they decided to remove game. One day PlayStation owners will realize that Sony is so behind other digital stores when PSN is question but today is not that day.
THIS 👆
No one is a good guy here
  • CDPR being trash threw their distributors (and platform holders) under the bus for refunds.
  • Sony has a near-disastrous refund system, so they delisted it to save their own ass from requests ballooning (and from a potential lawsuit)
People should criticising both for letting this happen.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just checking but this option is borked right now correct?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Wow I wonder will this also cause Microsoft to do the same thing also?
Feel bad for the staff who probably have to crunch this holiday to fix the console copy.
No because if what MegaApple said is true, MS unlike SIE actually does have a refund system in place. Also in general for online services and stuff I would imagine that MS is leagues ahead of Sony and Nintendo because of the other services that they provide.

Itt's 100% not because of the broken release but because CDPR threw Sony under the bus for the refund.

Edit : https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/wp-content/uploads-pl/2020/12/rb_66-2020-czasowe-wstrzymanie-dostepnosci-gry-cyberpunk-2077-w-playstation-store.pdf
Okay this is much much worse than I thought!!

It's one thing if SIE did what they did with MMS and some of that was SIEs fault with how they were hyping up the game. They did do refund for people BUT the big difference is that CDPR WANTS SIE to let people keep the game and CDPR will keep patching the game for those people aka they now get a free copy of the game..... So yeah that would be a major NO NO for any company. Since it's now SIE that's taking the full for CDPR and in a way they are also a "victim" if you want to see it that way since most of the marketing and stuff was for the XBOX version and I guess they themselves didn't get much of a say in well anything and now have to deal with a large amount of complaints.

By the way did COVID play a part in this and some people having to stay at home and unlike FO76 they just decided to complain more on top of CDPR flat out saying that people would be able to refund the game? Since FO76 was wayyy more busted than CP.

This made me laugh. Sorry, not sorry.
I think that console gamers are just too entitled. Stuff can be bad on PC and stuff as well but you don't need to look further than Wario64 and people bashing his tweets when it's not about the PS5. Which is dumb because what games are on the PS5!!! The only true exclusive on that game is Demon Souls and despite being Exclusive it does not look like it sold that well which is really dang sad.

Also this sort of goes back that that Attack On Titan post that I made where people on consoles have seen way worse than CP but are only now making a big deal about it, snowball type of thing.

Also sorry I have been busy but there has been a lot of news that I have wanted to share but have not had a chance to (getting a Turn table stero system is wayyy harder than it should be.

On to news, Yakuza 3-6 will not be releasing in Japan said SEGA JP to Gamespark.

Also Crafttopia had managed to sell over 500k copies on Steam in early access and over 200k of those copies are from Japan alone!!! There was a time when a lot of people we're sharing about the game on twitter.

Also about bad ports review wise even if the ports are bad they typically tend to get a 70-80% user reviews on Steam. Which is why the console reviews for Cyberpunk are weird I wonder how some people would feel about if people gave very low scores to a game on PC just because it was a bad port.

Also despite the game selling more on PC than console it seems that people thing that it sold more on console and that they are the majority and stuff like that, even though you look at PC reviews and see that the average score across the board is positive and 70%+ and 3.5 starts compared to say 20% positive and just 1.5 stars.

Gaming media loves a good outrage.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This is Sony giving CDPR the finger for throwing them under the bus with the refund PR spin they attempted to do earlier this week.
Absolutely, but that is also not how this industry functions, no matter what Sony might like :p.

Now that they have done this, the cat is out of the bag in my opinion. In a way, they did the industry a solid. Next time a game is in terrible shape, it would be reasonable for them to be held accountable for refunds and delisting, for enforcing quality since this is the mantle they have chosen to wear here.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Absolutely, but that is also not how this industry functions, no matter what Sony might like :p.

Now that they have done this, the cat is out of the bag in my opinion. In a way, they did the industry a solid. Next time a game is in terrible shape, it would be reasonable for them to be held accountable for refunds and delisting, for enforcing quality since this is the mantle they have chosen to wear here.
Yup. Ultimately, it's a good thing that this is happening. Publishers, especially big ones, can't get away releasing broken games anymore in the future, hopefully.

They will still release sub-par PC ports though.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

This made me laugh. Sorry, not sorry.
It's not even mostly the port quality (and part of the bad AI, NPC behavior, and current bugs are on PC too), it is just the expectation (and the idiocy of CDPR) of running such a game on mid-level 2012 hardware.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Sony really don't want to put an actual refund policy in place, huh?
I think that's why they want to try and present Cyberpunk as some sort of unique special case.

Exactly. Any games running at merely 30fps would be considered a bad pc port, while it's almost the norm on consoles.
PC games, especially 8 years after a console generation release, are expected to run better on hardware which is literally more than an order of magnitude faster.
The amount of platform-specific optimization effort invested is really incomparable.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Everything is Koch Media.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Discussion from this thread made me realize how many features of Steam we take for granted, esp. their refund system.

I've only ever refunded game once because I bought the wrong edition, and whole process did not take more than 15 minutes.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Great now flight to this God forgotten country are being canceled because biggest airport has issues with fog, and because it is most polluted city in Europe and in Top 5 in the world there will be less and less clear days as winter goes. So yeah I am not getting my GPU this year for sure.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Great now flight to this God forgotten country are being canceled because biggest airport has issues with fog, and because it is most polluted city in Europe and in Top 5 in the world there will be less and less clear days as winter goes. So yeah I am not getting my GPU this year for sure.
Good Lord dex3108 where do you live, if you don’t mind me asking ?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It's wild how this Cyberpunk situation has escalated.
I've basically been following this only via the HoegLaw videos/podcast and man, CDP really acted massively scummy with regards to the console version, so that blowing up in their face is both deserved and of their own making.

But crazy how they managed to burn all their massive Witcher 3 goodwill away to cash-in, and now that cash-in isn't going as they expected either.

• Eyes
Reactions: ISee and Tomasety

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
The reality of cp situation is that whatever is going to be published by sony has to pass mandatory cert which implies $ and time for the process. If something isn't working properly - it's ms or sony's fault. Publishers can simply push a library tile with no game.
What about cdpr? Cdpr delivered dat polish polish like they always did, amazing how 1 Keanu can change that with a couple of 'You' re amazing' lol

Reactions: ISee and lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Reality is same for AAA and indie developers if you look closely. How many indie games were published with serious issues because they were running out of money? Same goes for AAA developers. Difference is that indie developers are under pressure because of money directly and AAA developers are under pressure because of money but indirectly.

That is really of any project these days not just in video games. Tons of things get released half assed just to be out ASAP and then fixed later.

Status
Not open for further replies.