Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've played 95 games in 2020 and finished 78 of them:

That's quite a lot more than I expected. And I still have hundreds of games in my backlog and on my wish list.

While I'm still ignoring any games involved in Epic's exclusivity deals and games from shitty publishers like Deep Silver and Ubisoft, it doesn't seem to affect my gaming experience that much. There are SO many other great games to play on PC, and new ones are being released every month.

I'm really looking forward to another year of great games! :cat-heart-blob:

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I really dislike it when some pubs or devs don't put their games on sale during seasonal sales but put them on sale BEFORE seasonal sales begin =_=
I believe and I'm not sure if my perception is wrong on this, some pubs don't like very long sales like Steam Winter and Summer sales (2 weeks long). So, in my opinion we get better deals as those super sale deals of allyoucanplay because they are "flash" deals or we just get games on sale before big sales period.

Similar to what happened on Steam years ago when we used to get deeper games discounted. I don't know exactly why some pubs don't like long sales but I bet Morwull has an idea about it.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I just realized. 2020 is almost over and we still don't have Kingdom Hearts on PC :negative-blob:
Square what are you doing unless they surprise release it tomorrow
why that day in particular? :thinking-face:

Reactions: lashman

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I just realized. 2020 is almost over and we still don't have Kingdom Hearts on PC :negative-blob:
Square what are you doing unless they surprise release it tomorrow
If it releases at all it won't release before the one year anniversary of the Remind DLC*

*on Xbox One

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I believe and I'm not sure if my perception is wrong on this, some pubs don't like very long sales like Steam Winter and Summer sales (2 weeks long). So, in my opinion we get better deals as those super sale deals of allyoucanplay because they are "flash" deals or we just get games on sale before big sales period.

Similar to what happened on Steam years ago when we used to get deeper games discounted. I don't know exactly why some pubs don't like long sales but I bet Morwull has an idea about it.
Yeah, the allyouplay deals have been providing the feeling of sale fun, especially since Steam seems to be toning down the extra "event" stuff with their big annual sales. I check there before buying anything directly on Steam now.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ni no Kuni is such a weird situation.
The 2nd game has very good discounts now, but the first game is still more expensive. I know that's because the port came after 2 on PC, but still.
I would buy 2 at its current price, but I don't like to play sequels (even if it isn't really one?) without having played what comes before. And I don't want to buy Ni no Kuni 1 because it feels weird paying more for it than the sequel, so I end up buying nothing.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Ni no Kuni is such a weird situation.
The 2nd game has very good discounts now, but the first game is still more expensive. I know that's because the port came after 2 on PC, but still.
I would buy 2 at its current price, but I don't like to play sequels (even if it isn't really one?) without having played what comes before. And I don't want to buy Ni no Kuni 1 because it feels weird paying more for it than the sequel, so I end up buying nothing.
It's a weird situation. I got Ni No Kuni for about 10€ from a reseller a while back, and are currently playing . It's such a shameless Dragon Quest clone, with a Dragon Quest Monsters inspired combat system. I love it.

• Eyes

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Hitman 2016 saves don't import in to Hitman 2 do they? So I would basically have to do everything a second time for achievements for the 2016 levels in H2?

I'm hoping Hitman 3 auto-unlocks achievements with it's save import if they do the stacking achievement list thing again.

• Eyes
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Hope when they add back the recently purchase from the activity feed it will be improved. Find it difficult to read people's purchases when they buy in bulk.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
I have finished 3/5 episodes of Life is Strange 2 and I have to say I like it as much as the previous games, which I loved. Very excited to see how it wraps up. Prior to starting 2 I went back and finally played the bonus chapter from Before the Storm... and sobbed at the end. I also played Captain Spirit before starting LIS2 and it works great as a prologue. It packs a nice little punch. Definitely worth checking out if you like LIS2 or are planning on starting it (it should be played before though).

Tell Me Why is queued up next too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.