Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I feel this.

Within seconds of ending the tutorial, one of my dwarves was knocked unconscious. I think it's because he was trying to chop down a tree, then decided to fight the tree. And then lost. I'm completely unsure of what happened.
I'm still trying to understand what to do with my animals. I designated a place to be a pasture but they like to hang around the meeting area with all the dwarves.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Avern

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
I feel this.

Within seconds of ending the tutorial, one of my dwarves was knocked unconscious. I think it's because he was trying to chop down a tree, then decided to fight the tree. And then lost. I'm completely unsure of what happened.
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

That's awesome

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I feel this.

While this sounds like the kind of random stuff that ppl like about DF that makes it fun, I would find this highly annoying. Like, if you can't execute a simple task like chopping down a tree, how can I trust you to do anything of merit in this colony?

With games like Rimworld and Oxygen Not Included, if my ppl/dupes mess up, I know it was my fault. Mostly.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
While this sounds like the kind of random stuff that ppl like about DF that makes it fun, I would find this highly annoying. Like, if you can't execute a simple task like chopping down a tree, how can I trust you to do anything of merit in this colony?

With games like Rimworld and Oxygen Not Included, if my ppl/dupes mess up, I know it was my fault. Mostly.
Perhaps the tree fighting dwarf was mentally ill?! There used to be a mentally ill gentleman here in my town who would argue with road signs and then go on to fight them. Sitting back and watching him attack a stop sign was always a normal thing going on in my little town

Reactions: Justice Raynes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Do you people use an RSS reader ? Which one ?

• Gib
Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Would Valve directly selling it help avoid that markup, or is that really just a general fee on all electronic products? I think some South American countries, like Brazil have something similar for products not build inside their own country. So I suppose it's meant as something to protect or strengthen the local economy
If you go through the official process, assess market, optimize the supply chain and other backend stuff, then perhaps. I don't know exact economics of the taxes.

India is the biggest smartphone consumer, and phones are QUITE cheap here. But that's because manufacturing is set up here

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

To be fair, it's a lot more likely that something mundane happened. Like a random wild animal attacking the dwarf. I'm just so bad at navigating the ridiculous amount of info the game makes that I couldn't tell what happened. Just, "Oh, a bunch of alerts popped up! I guess my dwarf fought... something..?" Little guy was back up on his feet and chopping down more trees almost immediately though, so clearly he wasn't all that fussed.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

A new Jeff Minter game releasing early next year. The fact that he is still going and never stoppped making wierdly wonderful games is something I love and admire about him. Some of my earliest gaming memories are off Grid Runner on the Vic 20. Not had a chance to play any of his more recent games. Maybe something I should rectify.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Lots of new Rogue Trader info today with the alpha going out to backers and some streamers/content peeps.

99$ though. Fuck them. Gently fuck them, because this shit is widespread in this industry, it's not an evil Owlcat thing, but still.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ever purchase 2 games at the same time just 'cause and suddenly find them battling it out for your time cage match style?

Yeah, that's me with Signalis and Dwarf Fortress Steam ed.

What have I done?!
I’ve Found that having routine helps, like I play one game in the morning with the coffee and another in the evening.:)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I feel this.

I'm still trying to understand what to do with my animals. I designated a place to be a pasture but they like to hang around the meeting area with all the dwarves.

Do you people use an RSS reader ? Which one ?
i'm using feedbro (it's a firefox addon)

there really are no decent standalone non-uwp ones (that don't look like they were made 20 years ago, which they probably were, but also weren't updated since)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I remember someone was interested in Chinese style "Cultivation" games, not the farming sim type games, hopefully they see this and have a look.
It's in EA and is a Card Game but there's so few Cultivation genre games over here they may be interested if they didn't know about it already.

edit: looking at the reviews there's microtransactions in the main game... you may get some fun out of the demo tho.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Uhm, more City Connection Saturn Tribute stuff. These are, er, a bit different but I see no reason they won't also come to Steam? At least Japanese Steam 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.