Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Ahhhhhh!

The (reputable) local stores here in the Philippines have started to sell grey market Steam Decks, and I somehow managed to cop one! :cryblob:

Comes with a warranty and everything. Now the waiting begins. I can't believe it, they just dropped that shit on a random Tuesday
How was the price like? Was it direct USD $ conversion or more than that?

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
How was the price like? Was it direct USD $ conversion or more than that?
Oh, tech over here is never a direct USD conversion. We routinely pay a premium of around 150 to 200 bucks (including shipping) for stuff, not just for the Steam Deck, but for GPU's, phones, consoles, and other "hot" items. We're so used to getting screwed at this point that we've become desensitized lol.

So yeah, it wasnt quite as bad as the 30% markup you posted for the Indian market, maybe 25% all in? I just couldn't resist, I'm a massive tech nerd :sweaty-blob:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Saw this coming and was telling people they'd follow as soon as they started making current gen games (a bit laughable that it will be almost 2.5 years after the gen started when their 1st actual current gen game hits). They were going to let Sony and the others take the PR hit for raising prices then come in late and go "our hands are tied it's the industry standard now" when really it made the most sense for them to raise prices out of any other publisher since this will help make gamepass look better, at least in theory.

Oh and get ready to pay $5 more per month for gamepass by 2024 too.
I'm expecting a Game Pass increase shortly after the Activision buyout clears, and another one a year or two after that. It will eventually get as high as $25-$30 a month and will go from me subscribing perpetually to possibly not bothering at all.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm reading reviews on Crisis Core and nothing is surprising me given that we already knew there'd be no story changes but what really confuses the hell out of me is that SE went through the effort of re-recording almost all of the lines in the game because they grabbed the actors from Remake to reprise their roles in this....but apparently gave them either no direction or the direction was "we want you to sound exactly like they did in the original".

Why??? Is there some weirdo out there who would get offended that the game has good voice acting now? "Ugh these characters sound like real people having a conversation I can't stand it". I mean the script would still be terrible but you could at least soften the blow a bit by not having mid 2000s JRPG voice acting quality.

I'm expecting a Game Pass increase shortly after the Activision buyout clears, and another one a year or two after that. It will eventually get as high as $25-$30 a month and will go from me subscribing perpetually to possibly not bothering at all.
Yeah I have no clue how high it'll go but they're definitely raising it after the activision dust settles. Right now the growth is slowing at a remarkable rate but they probably think they can still pull off huge growth. If they don't they'll eventually transition from trying to attract people to squeezing the numbers they already have harder and harder and that's when the price raises will happen.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Valheim's new biome, Mistlands, is out of beta and has officially released.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Me: Let be find out if Dwarf Fortress is for me, Im worried it will be too difficulty to understand and stuff
*Plays game for 40 min when thinking it's been 10 min".
Yeah, gonna buy it.

And funny thing, it's easier for me to understand than Rimworld.

That happens sometimes, how I found understand games like EU 4 and Crusader Kings 3 easier than Civ.

But...Im gonna wait until Im getting my paycheck in a few days and Ragnarok is done.

Last edited:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Starting today, it’s possible to stream Ubisoft games you already own on PC through Luna. You'll need an active Prime or Luna+ subscription to do so, as well as a set of linked Amazon Luna and Ubisoft Connect accounts. Once you have those in place, you can play your existing purchases wherever Luna is available, including on Fire TV devices, Chromebooks and phones.
This is a cool thing to do. Hopefully Ubisoft will allow my Stadia purchases to transfer over to Ubisoft Connect so I have a few more games added.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I already own Wasteland 3 (masterpiece imo) and the other games have average user reviews so I paused.

Still in doubt about Greedfall though; it looks amazing but gets mediocre reviews. Anyone here played it?
I did play Greedfall and I quite liked it! Sure it’s a bit janky but not in a big way that I even remember if there were any issues. I would say it’s definitely worth a try.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021

From their blog post:

Here are a few notable callouts that have come with this update…

Mouse & Keyboard: Improvements have been made to mouse and keyboard input. This includes aiming improvements, enabling red reticle, adding a walk button (which has its own suite of custom options around speed and hold/toggle), and improvements have also been made to the mouse scroll wheel input

Networking & Desync: Improvements have been made to networking, which should reduce instances of “desync.” Vehicles desycning, melee attacks not registering, and blank shots (due to fake reloads) should all see improvements with this update

Player reporting: In-game player reporting has been added to the scoreboard (accessed during a match by pressing the Back button) and post-game carnage report. Players can also be muted from the Back button scoreboard

Sandbox updates: Melee clang logic for the Energy Sword has also been updated—if both players have no shields and melee each other, both players will now trade melees and die in order to prevent the Energy Sword from tearing through teams without trading

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Lol, I can remember when achievements first came to 360 and all my PC only friends thought they were dumb
yeah I honestly also hardly ever care about them.
they can be a good metric to show how far into a game I am – if they are like "completed chapter 5/10".... but often they are more about obscure collectible stuff or "kill 500 enemies with this specific weapon" or something like that, which is somewhat pointless to me most of the time.
certainly not a reason to buy or not buy a game! BUT to each their own :)

anyway, in the case of AssVikings, theres most likely achievements just on the UPlay side of things.

~

Ge0force regarding Greedfall: I liked that a lot! cool world and exploration, interesting story and characters, good combat.

Reactions: Ge0force and Stevey
Status
Not open for further replies.