Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I always liked Winamp because of the Library, that was just so useful; I miss that in Spotify etc. – but a similar feature is in the Sayonara player.
i just need something that looks really pretty :p

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
After like 10 attempts I finally beat the Okumura fight in P5R. What an insanely brutal fight this was. Might just be the most most difficult boss fight I've ever done in a turn based game. The design was very punishing and sinister. I don't know if its the hard difficulty or how much easier it is on normal but damn that last wave was some bullshit. I even powerleveled from 44ish to 48ish and still had trouble with it. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I didn't have just right amount of items to use in my inventory too.

Amazingly so I nearly beat the fight on my first 2 attempts but ran out of time before basically making too many mistakes lol. And so many tries after I was so unlucky with all the bs that happens during.

But yea almost 90hrs into the game now and still in October. The game is a masterpiece :love:. A legit killer app for the Deck too at 60fps.

Depending on how the story ends it may be an all timer for me. Top 5 or 10 for sure.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
After like 10 attempts I finally beat the Okumura fight in P5R. What an insanely brutal fight this was. Might just be the most most difficult boss fight I've ever done in a turn based game. The design was very punishing and sinister. I don't know if its the hard difficulty or how much easier it is on normal but damn that last wave was some bullshit. I even powerleveled from 44ish to 48ish and still had trouble with it. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I didn't have just right amount of items to use in my inventory too.

Amazingly so I nearly beat the fight on my first 2 attempts but ran out of time before basically making too many mistakes lol. And so many tries after I was so unlucky with all the bs that happens during.

But yea almost 90hrs into the game now and still in October. The game is a masterpiece :love:. A legit killer app for the Deck too at 60fps.

Depending on how the story ends it may be an all timer for me. Top 5 or 10 for sure.
The Okumura fight is notoriously difficult. It’s actually harder on Normal than Hard as the higher damage scale on the harder difficulties makes smashing through the enemy’s defence buffs easier.

But the gist of it is you need to debuff and use single weakness attacks to chip away at the buffed enemy, baton pass and then do a multi-hit on the rest of them.

But it is a hard fight. Absolutely horrendous.

As for the ending, make sure you unlock the bonus semester and dungeon. There are certain confidants you need to get to certain levels before the November.

Reactions: yuraya

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Valhalla will be lucky to hit over 2k ccu
With a $20 sale pricepoint I imagine the game will sell pretty well for Ubi-Soft for the next few years whenever they put it on sale though I agree we wont see super high CCUs.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
There is a 901 post thread on the AC Valhalla forum with people asking for achievements. Started today at 1PM. 100 rewards have been given to the thread creator. Give the people what they want Ubi.
Not entirely true. The original thread was started a few weeks ago and had around 450 posts. Someone at Valve or Ubi merged all the achievement related threads a few hours ago and now its one big giant thread.

Reactions: lashman

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Just curious does AC Valhalla still require the use of daisy chaining the UPlay launcher? Or wtf it’s called these days

Reactions: lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
While Ass Creed is tempting at that price, I need to remind myself that I have never completed a single one of these and usually stop playing around the 15 hr point. That and I am not sure I want upwards of 1/5th of my SSD used for just one game. However if Anno gets a similar discount I will be there.

Nice to see Dwarf Fortress at the top of the Top Sellers list with 4,000+ reviews at 97% positive. I usually struggle with these types of games but definitely think I will grab this one soon.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
assassins creed valhalla is like a 60 hour game if you bumrush through the story it might be quicker if you just straight up skip shit but even if you play it "normally" it's 100+

I took 300 hours in elden ring and I was just playing that how I play games which is looking around doing shit, I'm waiting for the last season pass to actually go to 10$ on the ubisoft store before trying to play through it but it'slike there goes like what 600 hours of my life? Lol

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Steam Decks have started to sell grey in India.

But with 30% markup (India's taxation in electronics is weird) over base USD$ conversion, no one except the most hardcore can afford it. Getting a gaming laptop is much more affordable.

I'll wait for a hardware update before I get one.
Would Valve directly selling it help avoid that markup, or is that really just a general fee on all electronic products? I think some South American countries, like Brazil have something similar for products not build inside their own country. So I suppose it's meant as something to protect or strengthen the local economy

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
assassins creed valhalla is like a 60 hour game if you bumrush through the story it might be quicker if you just straight up skip shit but even if you play it "normally" it's 100+

I took 300 hours in elden ring and I was just playing that how I play games which is looking around doing shit, I'm waiting for the last season pass to actually go to 10$ on the ubisoft store before trying to play through it but it'slike there goes like what 600 hours of my life? Lol
Took me 129 hours but that's with the Ireland and Paris DLC. I didn't do that whole god stuff though, where you go when you take the drugs from the witch doctor woman in the village.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Tim Sweeney after hearing about Spencer's commitment to Steam:

We’re happy that Microsoft wants to continue using Steam to reach customers with Call of Duty when their Activision acquisition closes. Microsoft has been on Steam for a long time and we take it as a signal that they are happy with gamers reception to that and the work we are doing. Our job is to keep building valuable features for not only Microsoft but all Steam customers and partners.

Microsoft offered and even sent us a draft agreement for a long-term Call of Duty commitment but it wasn’t necessary for us because a) we’re not believers in requiring any partner to have an agreement that locks them to shipping games on Steam into the distant future b) Phil and the games team at Microsoft have always followed through on what they told us they would do so we trust their intentions and c) we think Microsoft has all the motivation they need to be on the platforms and devices where Call of Duty customers want to be.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I tried spotify but 80% of my songs (OST's; Anime OP's and ED's from when I was still watching animes; Eurobeats, obscure covers or remixes, etc) were not available.
This something that I am slowly coming to terms with. Not just Spotify/Apple Music/Amazon Music but also the likes of Netflix/Amazon Prime. It's all greate when I want to watch Komi, Stranger Things, Rings of Power and so on. But sometimes I want to watch Invasion Earth (an old BBC SciFi series that I really enjoyed) or Slither. Sometimes I want to listen to Magenta (a welsh Prog Rock group) or Megumi Hayashibara. I mean is there a streaming service that offers a decent collection of Martial Arts movies?

I used to have a massive DVD/CD collection, but when I moved I had to par that collection back. Streaming services have picked up some of the slack but not all of the slack. But I am now going back to building up a collection of more niche films and music.

I really need to see if my old backups are still around somewhere and if the HDD is still alive.

• Hug
Reactions: Kyougar and LEANIJA
Status
Not open for further replies.