Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Let's hope that Steam TV does not collapse under the onslaught of people who would like to win a Steam Deck.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Microsoft decided to make several of Bethesda's titles including Starfield and Redfall Microsoft exclusives despite assurances it had given to European antitrust authorities that it had no incentive to withhold games from rival consoles. "Microsoft has already shown that it can and will withhold content from its gaming rivals," said Holly Vedova, Director of the FTC's Bureau of Competition.
Yeah btw where were all these gaming outlets during this fiasco? I didn't see a single one of them mention this, instead they just parrot whatever Phil or another xbox executive has been saying, promising this and that to sony or regulators. I mean this detail was sitting here the entire time and it's not even like it's ancient history it was only a couple of years ago!

Pommes

Jun 4, 2019
There is a sale of turn based games on Steam:

Additionally site with a streaming program for the sale:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah btw where were all these gaming outlets during this fiasco? I didn't see a single one of them mention this, instead they just parrot whatever Phil or another xbox executive has been saying, promising this and that to sony or regulators. I mean this detail was sitting here the entire time and it's not even like it's ancient history it was only a couple of years ago!
Pretty sure it's because it's not true, Microsoft promised existing games would remain on systems like Playstation not new ones. Games like Fallout 76 would continue getting expansions and updates. I don't see any situation where MS promised all games would be released on all consoles. Seems to me that the FTC has got its wires crossed.

Pommes

Jun 4, 2019
Pretty sure it's because it's not true, Microsoft promised existing games would remain on systems like Playstation not new ones. Games like Fallout 76 would continue getting expansions and updates. I don't see any situation where MS promised all games would be released on all consoles. Seems to me that the FTC has got its wires crossed.
I looked it up since I did not really believe it.
In the decision of the European Comission (see: Competition Policy) it is stated as follows:
5.2.3.2. Incentive to engage in input foreclosure

(A) The Notifying Parties’ view

(107) The Notifying Party submits that Microsoft has strong incentives to continue making ZeniMax games available for rival consoles (and their related storefronts).
Notifying Partner = Microsoft

• Microsoft: "We have strong incentives to release ZeniMax games on rival consoles in the future"
  • EU Comission: "Ok, your arguments are sound. Go ahead with the ZeniMax acquisition"
  • Microsoft: Immediately makes future ZeniMax games (console) exlusive
  • EU Comission: Suprised Pikachu
  • FTC: "Microsoft does not really seem trustworthy. It might be sensible to have a closer look into this Activision acquisition"

Nonetheless the wording of the FTC "despite assurances it had given to European antitrust authorities that it had NO incentive to withhold games from rival console" does seem to be a little bit to strong. "no incentive to withhold games" is not "strong incentives to continue making ZeniMax games available".
But perhaps the FTC is referring other information here.

Addendum:
  • I have no leagle knowledge. Everything I write could therefore be false.
  • I could not find the documents that are referenced in the decision of the European Comission.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I'm kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't announced any games for Steam. Especially after Valve did the Portal releases for the Switch.

They could have done something nice in return even if its an old classic as well. I mean I would even take a Bayo 2 if they don't want to do any of the core Nintendo 1st party stuff.

Its a shame those old BotW rumors didn't pan out.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Reactions: Derrick01 and C-Dub

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Assuming a couple hundred thousand people watch the awards through Steam and they give away about 150 Decks...the odds aren't all that bad. Ofc how long each person watches for will increase the odds. Most will just watch it on YT and Twitch anyways so as long as you watch entirely you have a decent lottery shot.

I've won random stuff before during all the sale minigame stuff over the years and I'm sure most here have as well.

I would say its worth not sleeping. Its a great device. Even if you don't win you still get to watch Dorito Pope unveil some great trailers for next years games as you consume your much needed adverts and other dumb interruptions that pointlessly prolong the show.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
to sleep or not to sleep, that is the 599€ question
I will leave my PC running, and run a command to automatically shut it down after the show. Then I will watch it in the morning during work like a normal human being without any regrets that I did not have any sleep before work.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I will leave my PC running, and run a command to automatically shut it down after the show. Then I will watch it in the morning during work like a normal human being without any regrets that I did not have any sleep before work.
I am not a fan of unsupervised PC's running. :confounded-face:
Why are these Shows at such an ungodly time?

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao and LEANIJA

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Nvidia you cheeky bastards....

Give Portal RTX for free, so we can all see our poor GPUs (3080) suffering trying to make to 60 fps, and then put this at the ending:

I think they are trying to send some sort of message here :p

And no, that's not going to make me forget those ridiculous prices.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Can you watch it on the app?
It's going to be too late for me anyway.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
This looks incredible! 🥰
This looks pretty good. I'll give it a go once I finish up Lake. I also need to start up Toem.
If you even only have a little nostalgia towards Chrono Trigger, I have a feeling that you'll enjoy this game, because it's pretty much a modern spin on its mechanics, without the trappings of its age.

As a tip, if your native monitor/TV resolution is larger than 1080p, there's a little bilinear filtering applied when the game window is scaled up. The maximum scaling factor is 3x. However, you can use something like Lossless Scaling to further increase the scale factor to match your screen's native resolution.

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Regarding the FTC suing to stop Actiblizz merger, I would be pretty uncomfortable with how this now potentially shakes down if I was Sony (or one of its hardcore fans).

They basically put all of their eggs in the basket of the deal not pushing through, being combative throughout the entire process, and turning down good faith (if still self-serving) offers from Microsoft regarding access to Call of Duty.

Now the FTC has pulled ahead with a case in administrative (not federal) court that for all intents and purposes it cannot win. Microsoft wanted to avoid this for sure, not because of the possibility of it not materializing, but because they don't want the timeline to get delayed any further. When MS eventually wins the case (and they will), SIE will end up with no signed contract in hand to keep their precious Call of Duty on PlayStation, and an understandably pissed off Microsoft - not an ideal spot to be in.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
Here is to hoping for some Avowed news or an announcement for one of Valve's in-development titles at the Game Awards.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I will shit at work (literally) if a new Zelda trailer is dropped.
I'm expecting new Kojima game + Elden Ring expansion trailers. Which would already make for a great show.

Keighley could use a nice megaton tho because his show this past summer was kind of weak. The whole Druckmann ending with TLOU remaster was meh asf.

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher
Status
Not open for further replies.