Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Hundreds of thousands of people tuned in. Probably got more chance of being hit by a car than winning a Deck on that stream.
How many of those were people on multiple accounts tho

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

So it really will be Mech Souls? Well, I did hope this won't play like the old ones but find a new way to give a fun mech feel.

I'm sure it's gonna be hugely different to Souls anyway even if it takes some elements of it given the vastly different themes, scenarios, scale and likely reliance on ranged aimed and locking on fire and forget type weapons and enough agility to deal with all kinds of military stuff, jets included, etc.
Steam page says its still mission based so I doubt its gonna be Mecha Souls

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Is there a list of all announcements somewhere?
I stole this from Reddit (don't see last of us but that is coming to PC in March).

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Prodigy the list is missing Last of Us 1 on PC.
Or I’m still not awakened. Could go either way.

edit
lol fucking shit, you said it yourself… I’m comatose…

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Downloading the Forspoken demo now on my PS5, sucks it's not on Steam, but it is what it is, gonna report back what I think of it.

Which also made me realize when Im done with Ragnarok (hopefully today) and that demo my PS5 will most likely dust down again. I only have Demon's Souls, Returnal and 13 Sentinels installed, the 2 first will I wait for them to release on PC and 13 Sentinels I will surely play at some point. Other than that, I still have to buy Where the Heart Leads as the PC version is most likely cancelled due to the Meta purchase.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Downloading the Forspoken demo now on my PS5, sucks it's not on Steam, but it is what it is, gonna report back what I think of it.

Which also made me realize when Im done with Ragnarok (hopefully today) and that demo my PS5 will most likely dust down again. I only have Demon's Souls, Returnal and 13 Sentinels installed, the 2 first will I wait for them to release on PC and 13 Sentinels I will surely play at some point. Other than that, I still have to buy Where the Heart Leads as the PC version is most likely cancelled due to the Meta purchase.
Give impressions please, been eyeing that game for a while. Hearing mixed impressions from the demo.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Give impressions please, been eyeing that game for a while. Hearing mixed impressions from the demo.
Yeah, will do, I feel as I age Im getting more and more critical of games.

Which is why I hope there are none extreme PS fanboys here to read my Ragnarok review.

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis and Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, will do, I feel as I age Im getting more and more critical of games.

Which is why I hope there are none extreme PS fanboys here to read my Ragnarok review.
I'm actually playing through that now, i'm at the area where guy falls off a boat (spoiler free non context). Game is bloody long must be at 40 hours already.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
catching up on TGA it seems it was actually good??
Yeah it was one of the better ones I can remember but I think that's because 2023 is looking ridiculously stacked. I mean you can't get good announcements at these shows if they don't exist or aren't ready, so I think geoff got pretty lucky this time around.

Pacing wise it was...fine, at least once they got pacino and judge off the stage lol. Part of the problem these shows have is how many ads and commercials they have and you know what can help alleviate that? Not spending god knows how much for al pacino to come out, talk about how he doesn't play games (shocking I know) and then keep going for 10 minutes. The show would have lost nothing if they had a lesser celebrity or even just a game dev come out and introduce that first award, it would have been up to 10 minutes shorter and you wouldn't have needed as many ads to pay for pacino's appearance fee thus saving money and even more time.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Lol I have such low confidence for the inner city Parisian trains that I’m now two hours early at the airport before boarding.
I'd be more worried about being at the airport 2 hrs. early.

My last flight out of Paris went all sideways due to an air-traffic control strike, lol.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I stole this from Reddit (don't see last of us but that is coming to PC in March).
Been a while since we had a gaming event this solid. Wish it had been earlier so I could have watched the whole thing.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Extremely pleased with this event in terms of announcements. My personal favorite? Armored Core VI, nothing comes close to that in my books!

However, I would say I like 90% of that content, so, great great great!

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Looked at the list of TGA game announcements and whelp, with the sole exception of Hades 2 (!!!!!), nothing caught my attention, I don't know what I was expecting.

Currently streaming
Meanwhile, this is more aligned to my tastes. There's a wonderful variety of art styles on display here. Blanc is really striking. I have no idea what's going on with A Most Extraordinary Gnome but the paper art is pretty!

Reactions: Pommes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Lol

At a glance, most negative reviews seem to mention the lack of Steam achievements. Hopefully it sends a message. Review bombing is dumb but in this particular instance Ubisoft need to understand that they can't just come crawling back and expect people to fork over money if they're unwilling to put even the most basic amount of effort into their Steam releases.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Forspoken demo is both somewhat fun in those few seconds the combat and stuff clicks and somewhat badly explained and somewhat mediocre and somewhat bad and somewhat bad graphically and somewhat what the hell is going on here.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Forspoken demo is both somewhat fun in those few seconds the combat and stuff clicks and somewhat badly explained and somewhat mediocre and somewhat bad and somewhat bad graphically and somewhat whatthe hell is going on here.
Good luck selling this at €80 😁

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Steam page says its still mission based so I doubt its gonna be Mecha Souls
The best Souls like games in recent years have been the 2 Nioh games imo. And they are both mission/objective based. Very linear too so FROM has the perfect inspiration/blueprint to make it Armored Core Souls :p The Nioh games were surprisingly able to tell long story with that type of design too.

The Steam page saying they will use everything they learned from the Souls games and using Sekiro director tells me its going to be a chaotic difficult Mecha Souls with all the AC flavor. It is pretty much implied. I think there is too much internal pressure for the dev team to not make it Mecha Souls. When their games are selling well and reviewing well + winning GOTYs I don't think Miyazaki will allow them to do anything else for the foreseeable future.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Sometimes demo builds are ancient, especially if it’s the same one used earlier in the summer at events like GamesCom and what have you.

Still, £70 is a big ask for Forspoken. I’ll probably give it a miss at that price.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
For everyone who is interested in dwarf fortress, I suggest buying it on itch,io:

If you buy it there you get a steam key and a DRM free version as well & the devs get more money than just buying it on steam, It's understandable however if you're on the fence if you aren't 100% sure on it since refunds etc but if you know you want it I do suggest there

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
That's a damn good bundle! 🥰
Rather use your money on a bunch of amazing and great indies until Forspoken goes on a deep sale,
That's what I'm usually doing. I rarely pay full price for AAA games. Most fun is found in indies anyway for me. Probably my age etc 😉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.