Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Dropped? You mean on the floor, how? Or cancelled?
Or.....

I'm expecting new Kojima game + Elden Ring expansion trailers. Which would already make for a great show.

Keighley could use a nice megaton tho because his show this past summer was kind of weak. The whole Druckmann ending with TLOU remaster was meh asf.
Yeah. New Kojima game is probably a lock. Can't watch live but I am excited.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
How do u watch through Steam I don't see anything on front page? Is Deck lottery automatic/open to all regions?

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
How do u watch through Steam I don't see anything on front page? Is Deck lottery automatic/open to all regions?

livestream is on that page

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks, saw the small banner that just says to check the TGA nominees for discounts etc. and then a drop down there for the stream. What of the lottery?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
will there be a watchalong chat here for the game awards? thats always the best way to watch it ;:p
There's a chatroom, but appears im the only one in it lol

or is there?? is wear there was just a room for TGA 22

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
There's a chatroom, but appears im the only one in it lol

or is there?? is wear there was just a room for TGA 22
Sorry I made it some hour ago and literally just deleted it since nobody seemed to wanna go in. Lol. Feel free to make it and I'll join.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Oh 1 min, It's on! Let's wiiiiiin! Hope there's more VR than Ghostbusters and Meta sponsored stuff but it's clearly a token category with no thought otherwise...

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Steam chat is just a social experiment into what you can nudge people to write to get a chance for the steamdeck

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Was wondering why the stream on Steam wasn't working, until I realized I had at some point disabled all live streams on the store pages because they were annoying and most were just prerecorded VODs that were playing 247 :shrugblob:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon will offer a game experience based on the mech game know-how FromSoftware cultivated over 25 years of developing games in the series, but now introducing groundbreaking gameplay found in the developer’s recent action games. The new Armored Core title will combine these elements into thrilling action that only mechas can provide. The game promises to be a unique entry in the mech action game genre.
So it really will be Mech Souls? Well, I did hope this won't play like the old ones but find a new way to give a fun mech feel.

I'm sure it's gonna be hugely different to Souls anyway even if it takes some elements of it given the vastly different themes, scenarios, scale and likely reliance on ranged aimed and locking on fire and forget type weapons and enough agility to deal with all kinds of military stuff, jets included, etc.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Armored Core VI will most likely get delayed into 2024 but they got a good opportunity to dump the old games on modern platforms next year.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Dark Souls is Dark Souls.

Armored Core is Armored Core.

Why must we conflate the two?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
2023 possible lineup

Jedi Survivor
Starfield
Atomic Heart
Baldurs Gate 3
Diablo IV
Armored Core VI
Wo Long
Tears of the Kingdom
Suicide Squad
Spider Man 2
Judas
Final Fantasy XVI
Persona 3
STALKER 2
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill 2
Silksong
Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Even if half of those get delayed to 2024 (and they will) it would still be a very strong year for games.

Plus other stuff I missed and unannounced games. Hype levels kinda high. Wallet will take a beating.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I just saw that armored core is being led by the designer of Sekiro. I've been waiting for another good FROM game since 2019, looks like next year could be it.

I thought this was the best TGA in years. There were a lot of interesting looking games slated for next year (on top of games we already knew were coming next year) which is a breath of fresh air compared to the last 2 years in gaming.

edit: Though I will say I remain completely mystified by FF16. They keep showing out of context story cutscenes and then gameplay that is the least FF-looking gameplay ever and I just don't really know what this game is. I feel like I have no grasp of how the game's world is or the locations or what you even do besides pretend you're playing a devil may cry game for 30+ hours. It seems like it'll have some pretty hype setpiece moments but that's all I've gotten out of the 3 trailers so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So catching up on the TGA.

I think they should just drop all pretence of this being an awards show. Just label it a winter mini no E3 and be done with it.

I mean looking through the likes of Era or the news sights and the big news isn’t who won what awards but instead the new Armoured Core, the new Death Stranding and FFXVI release date (still optimistic of no EGS shenanigans on this one).

some good trailers and announcements but a bit meh as an awards show.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I thought the game awards were pretty good this year. Most curious about Armored Core but I can only tolerate From Software if they do open world;XD So I don't have my hopes up too much.

With that said, right game won!

Status
Not open for further replies.