Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
With the hotfix TW3 finally allows benchmark overlays.
Raytracing is just too demanding for my 2060.
With high settings at 1080 and 60fps I get a gpu utilization of around 50%. Simply turning on RT GI drops the frame-rate to the mid 20's.

Reactions: NarohDethan

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Judgment and Lost Judgment just got updated with DLSS and DLAA support, and they changed the initial settings on first boot for Steam Deck:

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Been playing Chained Echoes for most of day and I'm loving the exploration

I like that there are no random fights with monsters you cant see. But i wish the monsters roamed about. they always respawn the same exact place.
still i agree its seems nice from what iv played.

Reactions: r3n4ud and lashman

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Chained Echoes looks really cool, I know it's supposed to channel the spirit of the 16 bits era, but the chunky-but-detailed and colorful pixel art on top of the way it does exploration makes me think of GBA games, which is not a negative.

Very interested in playing it later.

Started High on Life, and yep, pretty much what I expected. I like it, but I hope I'll reach a second weapon quickly, heard the pacing is pretty slow before that.
I found some interesting parallels and differences with a big game that I finished recently, so I'll wait for a double review...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah we do.;) I think I’m mostly reminding people to actually do it.
I didn’t plan to participate, like last year I think, because I just didn’t play enough 2022 games.
But who would nominate The Case of the Golden Idol as game of the year otherwise ?

I have to remember to vote.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
For some reason this update kills my PC, and I'm not talking about the Raytracing.
Dx12 runs ok but there is stutter as if it is trying to load in things and when I turn camera (with SSD).
Dx11 seems to have no stutter, but it still doesn't feel smooth, its as if I am playing online and my character is wadding through water.

Thought I was remembering the game wrong, so loaded up my GOG (1.32) version, loaded over 70 mods (graphics, reshades etc...), cranked up to ultra used some tweaks to go further and still it is as smooth as butter.
So I am really at a loss for what the update did to my experience. Good news is I never played witcher 3 modded before and its the best I have seen it.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and Lashley

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm giving up on trying to play TW3 with RT on my current PC. If I decide to continue this playthrough I'll do it on the DX11 version. When the game launched I could only play it at 30 fps on medium, at least now I can get 60 on ultra. It sucks though because the RT lighting and reflections make a huge difference.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So The Planet Crafter (Early Access) is a thing.

That some people seem to consider GOTY material.
And I just learned about its existence... PC gaming is bonker.

But do people here play it ? Care to share your impressions ? What sets it apart from games like Satisfactory, theme excepted ?

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Some sad news about the Steam Deck.

So while Japan has received their Steam Decks it does not seem like the other countries that they were supposed to arrive to have received their yet.

So in Japan they already shipped some out and people have gotten their. You also have a situation were in Japan you do have people that pre-ordered their Steam Deck and even completed their pre-order payment and paid in full but still have not gotten their. Komodo did say that pre-orders would be fulfilled in the order that people made their final payment. So in a way this is bad, it's like if Valve had made people pay for their pre-orders even if they would not ship them for another month or so.

But you do also have that issue of where in Korea (and most likely also Hong Kong and Taiwan) where they have not received their Steam Decks.

It seems that Komodo may have been over their head, had they only needed to deal with Japan it may have not been too bad but that doesn't seem to be what is happening.

Also Komodo support doesn't seem to be responding to customer questions.

Hopefully they are able to get their act together.

I was thinking of yeah they will be selling these in stores very close to launch and stuff but given this, I'm guessing that they are still a ways off.

I can only imagine that they took the money of those that pre-ordered it as a definitive place holder since they would be getting more orders from people once it was released. But it also seems like you can no longer cancel your order even though they haven't shipped them out yet. Worst case scenario Komodo has been having the devices shipped to them in Japan and then they forward them compared to them having a distribution center in mainland Asia.

So on one hand people like their Steam Deck and it's going well but you also have a situation of people wondering where their Steam Deck is at, they pre-ordered for a reason.

I'm curious if Valve has only sent Komodo like 12k units so far and now Komodo had to split that between the countries that they are currently servicing.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
After all the stupid things Twitter did past few weeks i must admit that this new thing with square profile pictures for brands is grt. At least for me, because i can check at glance who posted what.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Now if you believe that banner is up to you :evilblob:
Of course I don't believe the banner, Square don't care.

I don't even believe Square knows that KH and Stranger of Paradise is on PC.

Like, VII R website still don't even have the Steam logo even though the Steam version most likely have outsold the EGS version already.

• Evil
Reactions: curi0usBystander

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Seems like this is the last RiR project Hopoo will work on.
I mean I won't say that's a horrible thing. They sold the IP for like hopefully a boat load to gearbox etc so it can get them setup for a while but I liked Deadbolt a lot,

But yeah if you take out however long it took them to complete deadbolt they've been and are now going to be working on Risk of Rain for a decade+ so I think they might want a break

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I just got the OK to confirm this -- so yes, in case anyone was wondering, we are working on Hajimari (or Trails into Reverie if you prefer).

It now also says so on the Steam page of the game.
Please make it run even worse than the Clouded Leopard version.
:wd_p:

Status
Not open for further replies.