Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I almost feel like paying on the internet actually somehow got worse, perhaps with companies using more "AI" to filter things. Just this week I wanted to pay the fee for a workshop in the US using my credit card, and the payment was immediately declined. It's a scientific workshop, and it uses a huge event organization platform, so I really don't understand the reasoning.

First few of the sale

Ender Lilies is amazing!

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Tomorrow I will finally sell my sealed PS4 20th anniversary edition console for 2150€, It's one the few times I feel I'm gonna regret it : (. I plan to use that money to build a new PC (~4000€ budget), still not so sure :S.
My current PC is a i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz , 32GB, GTX1080

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I should get something! But I seriously have no idea what to get, I have too many games to play as it is. I have to think of the deck factor, and buy games that I would play on the deck without letting it sit in backlog.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Doom Eternal was good but it was more of the same. I quit the game on the final boss. Or close to it. It was just too hard and frustrating on the harder difficulty. I was so done at that point. I'm good on ripping and tearing for the forseeable future. I would have no hype for a new one. I honestly wouldn't mind if they put it on ice and reboot it again in 15 years.

The Unreal games will be delisted from gog in less than 24 hours and are all on sale for 80% off. Last chance to pick them up in DRM free format if you're interested.

I still don't get why Epic is delisting those old games. Isn't there a lot of singleplayer content in them?

Its gotta be the slimiest shit they've done. Just stupid. Shame on Tim.

Reactions: lashman

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
The Unreal games will be delisted from gog in less than 24 hours and are all on sale for 80% off. Last chance to pick them up in DRM free format if you're interested.

urgh, I literally bought Unreal 2 from gog days ago!

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I still don't get why Epic is delisting those old games. Isn't there a lot of singleplayer content in them?

Its gotta be the slimiest shit they've done. Just stupid. Shame on Tim.
Epic is fucking nuts. Unreal 1 and 2 are single player games, and they can just turn off the servers for the Unreal Tournament games and let the community handle it (which they already do anyway). Delisting serves no purpose.

Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament 3 never released on GOG. It did release on Steam as Unreal Tournament 3 Black edition, but they are planning to release a new version 'Unreal Tournament 3 X' for free on Steam, gog and EGS with crossplay enabled across the stores. This new version will be infected with EOS and possibly require Epic accounts to even run. Now, this would not be a problem if they had left the version of UT3 available on Steam alone and used a new appid, but nope, they are 'updating' the game that everyone already owns. So UT3 Black on Steam will be gone soon and replaced by this new and probably inferior version and there's nothing anyone can do about it. This is why having it on GOG would have been good.

urgh, I literally bought Unreal 2 from gog days ago!
You can request a refund from gog and tell them the reason is that it is now available for less than you paid for it (this is an option in the dropdown menu when they ask you the reason for your refund). I just did that for UT2004 and my refund was approved in about 40 minutes. Take the refund into your gog wallet and you can rebuy the game at the new price. Remember though, it's only available for another 12 odd hours so you're taking a bit of a risk that your refund isn't approved in time. Although you could also gift a copy of the game to your own email and you'll get a redemption code which you can use after the refund does process, in case it's not fast enough. Up to you if it's worth the trouble for $8. It was for me.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Just threw down some change to own some classics on steam, like Arcanum, and... I'm really frustrated to not see anything that tempts me.
I don't know, maybe what I want most is too recent so still pricey.

Then there are the aging wishlist entries that are deck incompatible, fuck that noise.

Not sure. I think the clear message is 'clean your wishlist'.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Just stock up on VNs and/or ADV games, they're always a safe bet. :flare_shades:
Yeah, I'm torn on Hob's Barrow. I don't react well to this kind of horror, if it's like The Last Door. Which was, also, horribly boring, but whatever.
But it is certainly tempting.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Gears of War Epic times wasn’t much better every week there was a controversy against Microsoft or Sony and that same week they said the opposite of one and the other.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I don't react well to this kind of horror, if it's like The Last Door.
Sort of. Hob's doesn't rely on jump scares, but rather a creeping terror while descending into madness kind of deal, you know. A typical Lovecraft fare, but rather well done in this instance.

People seems divided on the ending, but I feel it's rather fitting for the theme.

Reactions: Li Kao

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Diofield Chronicles seems to have pretty low ratings on Steam, anyone here has played it that can tell me a little bit about the game and if it's worth it or not?

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Well, I have finally completed the collection in Vampire Survivors. The first game in a long time I have even come close to 100%ing. Still currently my game of the year, although there may be a new contender in Citizen Sleeper.

Also trying my first Souls Like since Demon Souls released back on the PS3(?). Morbid: The Seven Acolytes. Interesting game. I am slowly picking away at it and not yet managed to beat the first Boss type creature. Depending on my patience and how I get on with it, it may get me to look at the Fromsoft games again.

Tried Elevator Action on my Deck. Seems to work well, other than defaulting to mouse & keyboard controls for some reason. It's Elevator Action. Emulator seems to run well.

Also have Shadows Over Loathing to try over Christmas, but pushed to the back burner while I play Morbid and Citizen Sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.