Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
After finishing Callisto Protocol I'm only going to say two things:

1) This was probably not the best game to test my new CPU/Mobo to see if it was stable :p . The patch did improve things a lot but it sill is a messy port.

2) But I'm still really glad I played on PC, so I could "fix" the last third of the game using the Cheat Engine because holy f*ck every "little" annoying design decision and/or bug come together to make for a very annoying experience. especially the bosses.... ouch.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jesus ! I dropped Minstrel's Song because fuck that shit, but now I have no idea what to play, nothing catch my eyes.
Maybe Obra Dinn or Norco.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Seems like NVidia decreased the MSRP of the 4080 and 4090 in the EU, but it's not enough, not even close to enough.
4090 went from 1950€ to 1860€, and 4080 went from 1470€ to 1400€.

Still more expensive in USD than at launch due to how fast EUR rebound.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm one of those people that specifically does like both tactics games and super heroes (and doesn't much care for the out-of-combat survival sim in Xcom) and I'm not getting Midnight Suns because of MTX and Denuvo. Also, at this point I'd really love some mix of Freedom Force / City of Heroes where you have custom heroes instead. Even an FFT like would be fun.

Reactions: thekeats1999

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Seems like NVidia decreased the MSRP of the 4080 and 4090 in the EU, but it's not enough, not even close to enough.
4090 went from 1950€ to 1860€, and 4080 went from 1470€ to 1400€.

I pay less for a months rent and utilities than it cost to get a 4090 in the EU? (roughly converted to CAD).
They really are on their own koolaid, aren't they?

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
For those who liked A Short Hike, this has similar vibes and actual kinda-sorta climbing (which can be a bit awkward at times, or it was in the demo version I've played a long time ago - not sure if the one on Steam is the same), fun stuff.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm one of those people that specifically does like both tactics games and super heroes (and doesn't much care for the out-of-combat survival sim in Xcom) and I'm not getting Midnight Suns because of MTX and Denuvo. Also, at this point I'd really love some mix of Freedom Force / City of Heroes where you have custom heroes instead. Even an FFT like would be fun.
I'm pretty certain I saw a Freedom Force-like in development. No idea about custom character, though.
We should ask lashman what's the game name ? (I mean, the chance I learned of the game from his posts is super high)

No Midnight Suns for me because people talk about instability and other issues, and I would have liked it on deck.

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
I'm pretty certain I saw a Freedom Force-like in development. No idea about custom character, though.
We should ask lashman what's the game name ? (I mean, the chance I learned of the game from his posts is super high)

No Midnight Suns for me because people talk about instability and other issues, and I would have liked it on deck.
Probably Capes, which I do have on my wishlist. No custom heroes as far as I see in the description but still looks promising:

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Jesus ! I dropped Minstrel's Song because fuck that shit, but now I have no idea what to play, nothing catch my eyes.
Maybe Obra Dinn or Norco.
Both Obra Dinn and Norco are incredible games so I can vouch for them both, though I could suggest you to play Norco first.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Paste Magazine did a pretty interesting GOTY list this year. The others were not too shabby either.

So yeah, a lot of the top games are tempting me.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Teardown is getting a free expansion on December 15.
Hello everyone!

We will be releasing a free expansion to Teardown on December 15.

It will include a mini-campaign where you play the role of Freya, Gordon Woo's daughter, in a series of missions set in the quiet village of Tilläggaryd.

We have created this entire expansion as a mod, since other modders might find it helpful as they look to create their own content for the game.

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
I never got back into Teardown in EA because I heard about the security robots and I just have no interest in that. If these new levels don't have those, maybe I'll give it a go

Reactions: lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I pay less for a months rent and utilities than it cost to get a 4090 in the EU? (roughly converted to CAD).
They really are on their own koolaid, aren't they?
Comparing to cost of living: For me 4090 would be almost (realistically more as Nvidia forbids selling FE to Finland, though they do provide few units of TUF to be sold at MSRP, you can win right to pay for)
3 months of apartment(heat+water)+internet (600Mbit)+electricity+bus fare.

Insane value (mostly in bad way)

:toucan:

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
I was assuming 3090s in the US would plummet in price with the 4000 coming out (and being generally available), and the pending AMD releases, but right now I can buy a 4080 for less than a USED 3090 which makes non sense - the 4080 uses less power and is significantly better performance. And the 4090 are only a couple hundred more here than the 4080. It's kind of baffling, now I'm not sure what to do. Maybe just wait for the AMD cards and see but I actually use some of the Nvidia overlay stuff

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It looks like that Gameplay Time Tracker finally broke after i moved to Windows 11. It still detects some games but not all of them. Especially not DX12 titles.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
in case anyone is interested - i made a bot, lol:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I will try again today, because yeah, when it works the game has an undeniable charm.
Since you started with Albert, try recruiting Sif (She's in Crystal City). She will unlock a bunch of other places in Mardias. Unlocking maps should be the first objective for the early game, and talking to NPC to trigger quest lines second. Maybe worth investing in Vigilance proficiency as well, so you won't aggro mobs so often.

But yeah, my kingdom for Jewels. :flare_woozy:

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

After all the years of people calling you lashbot derisively, you finally went ahead and created a real one.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im most likely 75% done with Ragnarok story missions and Im looking forward to writing my review here, oh boy, and just to be clear, I have played and finished every GoW game, including the 2 PSP ones, GoW 3 I even finished twice. I think I even finished Ascension and Chains of Olympus twice, but not sure.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I'll pay 70$ for Starfield next year. Its probably the only future title out there that I will do it for tho. With a launch discount somewhere it should be around 60$ anyways. The game will have a lot of content and mod support. Will be a big new Bethesda game for years to come. Its a full on singleplayer game and its from a Syfy genre that you rarely see good AAA support for.

But Redfall... yea that is gonna be a heavy discount or GP game.

The price increases are inevitable. It is what it is. I expect 80$ base game prices by 2025.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I hope Starfield will get a bigger mod community than the Bethesda Fallout games... they had some really good ones of course, but it definitely was always second fiddle to TES games.
Now that games take so long to get out, maybe it will be a bit more spread out over the course of a game's life?
I'd love to see team SureAI's take on Starfield.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

At least Sony is selling their games on 3rd party stores.
Saw this coming and was telling people they'd follow as soon as they started making current gen games (a bit laughable that it will be almost 2.5 years after the gen started when their 1st actual current gen game hits). They were going to let Sony and the others take the PR hit for raising prices then come in late and go "our hands are tied it's the industry standard now" when really it made the most sense for them to raise prices out of any other publisher since this will help make gamepass look better, at least in theory.

Oh and get ready to pay $5 more per month for gamepass by 2024 too.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Hoping for a good Humble Choice for Dec. No leaked lists for the headliners?

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I don't have any of the Witcher games. Would it be best to pick up the trilogy bundle then the Expansion Pass for 3 or get the GOTY edition for 3 then complete the bundle. I won't be missing any content if I go the latter right?

Looking at the upcoming next gen update announcement looks like I may have screwed up not buying the base Witcher 3 and get all the DLC for free?
Just a PSA: Witcher 3 GOTY is currently heavily discounted on Steam thanks to The Game Awards sale.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Last edited:

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Steam Decks have started to sell grey in India.

But with 30% markup (India's taxation in electronics is weird) over base USD$ conversion, no one except the most hardcore can afford it. Getting a gaming laptop is much more affordable.

I'll wait for a hardware update before I get one.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

At least Sony is selling their games on 3rd party stores.
I like thos post from Nothing_Loud on ERA,

Eventually (I predict 2-5 years from now) GamePass will get significantly more expensive, none of this convert for $1 shit. Once they've locked in bigger numbers of subscribers and need to prove to shareholders that they can continue to monetize and profit as growth slows and quality of the service goes down (see Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, hell points to everything). Then everyone who was on the GamePass bandwagon exclusively will realize they own zero current-get console games and will be forced to keep paying the ever-increasing price to keep access to their ever-shrinking library of digital games that they don't own. The only factor that can keep pressure against this happening in this way or order of events is if Sony or the others create a competent service compared to GamePass in similar pricing structure, but they haven't, so for the time being, I keep my prediction.

I do subscribe to GamePass but I honestly have no need for such a large library of games I don't even really have guaranteed access to in the next few months. I still prefer to buy my games outright, especially at discount, and keep it as long as I need to. I just probably, like a hypocrite, have bought into the value lie that GamePass is giving me what I'm paying it for right now. But the value of GamePass comes from being able to beat, complete, and disengage from dozens of games a year, and I honestly don't do that anymore, the time just isn't there. So for as much as people parrot how "great" objectively of a value GamePass is, time also has value, and if you don't have the time to engorge upon several games at launch every year, and since you don't get to KEEP any of these games, for some people, the value is more like pissing your money away, particularly as the subscription price will increase once they've locked enough of us "in" to let our credit cards auto-charge every month or year.

Status
Not open for further replies.