lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I was thinking more of the games that just come out of nowhere but become big trends like Temtem or PUBG. They always seem to be early access games 🤔
Well, if a game isn't in early access then it generally has been in development longer, which means people have already heard about it / seen more of it, which in turn means that it's not likely to come out of nowhere.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I kinda want to play a solo FPS again. It has been 84 years. Not the classic dance of death ones, no schlooter, not scripted to hell and back. Just me, my dick and my knife (French saying) vs a lot of bad guys.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Any reason why is this happening?
A combination of the slow backend growth of Steam (the previous peak grwoth time was during PUBG hype time that skyrocketed the number) finally catching up to the previous high time and China quarantine. But in general, I think this year we will be back to the "Steam record breaking" every 3 months or so which was common before the PUBG OMG moments.

Reactions: PhaZZe and lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Nice! Let us know how the Windows port is. I really, really enjoyed FFXV, nearly got plat for it but moved to other games so i need to go back and play the Episodes sometime soon. I understand some people's issues with the game but it clicked with me so well.

Have fun.
Eventually xD

Why the download speed on Windows is so bad?

Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I have accepted that immersive sims have no real commercial future. Maybe there will be another short revival in a decade or so.
Of course, I could see it thriving in the indie space, for much smaller scaled games

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
Just to be sure if there is no problem with my internet, I checked the download speed on Steam and I got this number

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have accepted that immersive sims have no real commercial future. Maybe there will be another short revival in a decade or so.
Of course, I could see it thriving in the indie space, for much smaller scaled games
:suicide-blob:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just to be sure if there is no problem with my internet, I checked the download speed on Steam and I got this number

Shot in the dark but have you checked your Windows Update download settings? Iirc the microsoft store uses those settings to determine max bandwith as well.
It's in Delivery Optimization -> Advanced -> Download Settings.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
Shot in the dark but have you checked your Windows Update download settings? Iirc the microsoft store uses those settings to determine max bandwith as well.
It's in Delivery Optimization -> Advanced -> Download Settings.
It was the first option I checked when the I saw the download speeds, and they are set to max. I also disabled and enabled it again and there were no changes to the download speed.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Someone just replied to me with this fate video on twitter

「Echo」 ZKenir

explain yourself
Hmm, I would like to see in this some symbolic recalling of the mother figure, even of 'The Origin of the World' painting, why not.
But I fear it's just Japanese dev being Japanese dev, Occam's razor :drinking-blob:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

I had this problem when downloading The Outer Worlds some months ago. Have you tried changing your country settings on Windows? It was the setting that finally made the download actually download something.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I still can’t believe I had 9 games in the latest Humble monthly Wishlisted.

If anyone else would have said the same I would have immediately thought they were lying or at the very least wildly exaggerating.

Man.

And this is right on the heels of the Train Simulator bundle that had like $500 worth of DLC for $12.

Crazy times.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Well, if a game isn't in early access then it generally has been in development longer, which means people have already heard about it / seen more of it, which in turn means that it's not likely to come out of nowhere.
Ah very good point 👍🙂

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I still can’t believe I had 9 games in the latest Humble monthly Wishlisted.

If anyone else would have said the same I would have immediately thought they were lying or at the very least wildly exaggerating.

Man.

And this is right on the heels of the Train Simulator bundle that had like $500 worth of DLC for $12.

Crazy times.
I'm pretty happy with Choice so far, especially with the Classic plan. Last month wasn't up my alley but still a selection of quality games.
This month is really good.

Frostpunk is highly acclaimed.
Pathfinders is also pretty big, I think
2 Zachtronics games
I've always wanted to give Okami a try
Book of Demons I have and it's great.
The Hex I also have and it's fantastic.
Underhero is also very good from what I've played so far.
etc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
DB FighterZ season 3 has 5 characters
Kefla releases 28 Feb.
UI Goku later in Spring
Remaining 3 characters to be revealed later.

Reactions: Echoes

Oldschool PC

Nov 23, 2019
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.