Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
For sure.

That's one of the cornerstones that attracted me to Day Sims to begin with.

Some may look at Farming Simulator and think, "Booor-ing". But to me titles like this have always opened a window into a larger world that I'll likely never experience.

It's a fascinating slice of life experience that's a nice compliment to the fantasy worlds dominated in the gaming landscape.
yeah, exactly ... and you actually have a chance to learn about how things work (even if it's just a very rudimentary overview) ... it's basically edutainment

stuff like ETS/ATS, Farming Sim ... or PlayWay stuff

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Opernica gonna need to be more than 50% off for me to even bother giving it the light of day :odell:
It's fairly mediocre. I played it on Game Pass when it came out and was underwhelmed. It was still enjoyable as there aren't many blobbers these days but it is nothing special. The exclusivity deal actually saved me money as I would have bought it on Steam instead of Game Pass otherwise.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I liked The Division 2 a lot *shrug
That's the problem with division 2 imo. There are things to like, like the combat, the setting, the graphics, even the AI constantly pressing you on harder difficulties.
But then there is the ever repeating daily grind for items that have so many randomised traits that it is nearly impossible to get a much wanted upgrade.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

yeah, that's true ... we'll see how it goes

not that i really care tbh - it won't be on steam anyway :p
I swear to god that if it comes to Steam I'm going to take a plane directly to your door and slap you in the face (then we will go to drink something)

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA and ISee

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Reveal Stream on Thursday:
Join the Official Reveal Stream for the World Gameplay Premiere this Thursday, 13th February at 12pm PT / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET and find out everything you need to know about Outriders.
I'll need to watch it because though it looks interesting £50 is a bit rich for an impulse purchase.
"Holidays 2020" in American means December 2020 to the rest of the world, yes?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
New game from Square and People Can Fly:

Seems like, until further, Square also has no interest in taking som Sweeney money. Avengers will also be on Steam (logo on game website).
Looks interesting, wondering if it's first or third person

Reactions: ISee

Oldschool PC

Nov 23, 2019
Considering the developer it's most likely first person.

Edit: Apparently they worked on Fortnite and Gears of War before.

Reactions: ISee

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Gotta admit, as a Factorio fan I was a bit put off by a snarky Satisfactory tweet some time about regarding the EGS. I think someone asked if they were worried about EGS sales and they said something like, "Yeah, we only sold like 12 copies on EGS, loool."

Bummer 'cause I did enjoy hearing them say earlier that they did the EGS deal for the money upfront. It was refreshing. But to come back later all snarky just never sat well with me. Funny how it's hard to forget little things like this.

I'll likely cave and get it at some point on Steam, but that stupid tweet def. tarnished my image of the dev.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Gotta admit, as a Factorio fan I was a bit put off by a snarky Satisfactory tweet some time about regarding the EGS. I think someone asked if they were worried about EGS sales and they said something like, "Yeah, we only sold like 12 copies on EGS, loool."

Bummer 'cause I did enjoy hearing them say earlier that they did the EGS deal for the money upfront. It was refreshing. But to come back later all snarky just never sat well with me. Funny how it's hard to forget little things like this.

I'll likely cave and get it at some point on Steam, but that stupid tweet def. tarnished my image of the dev.
Yeah im passing on this until its dirt cheap.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

The new EXPLORE mode tweaks and rebalances the game to present an experience that we think will be more approachable for many – and maybe even offer veteran players a way to return and relive their original adventure with less punishment.
They also released two more soundtrack DLCs.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

Yeah they could've stayed exclusive for a few more years. I've got another decade to go before I'm tired of Factorio.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

Same here. Their snarky tweets and cheering for Epic's moneyhatting even resulted in blocking them on Steam for me. No doubt the guy with the blue hair has something funny to say about this. 😉

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So I rarely buy soundtracks for games because a) I usually don't listen to them out of context, same goes for movies and b) Steam's handling of them was shite. With b) being rectified (not perfect, the old player UI needs an update and maybe playback controls could be baked into the client, there's certainly enough room) I'm wondering what are some of y'all's favorite soundtracks? Listening to Axiom Verge right now.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
If you're new to VR, that bundle is super... hot. Superhot VR is definitely a must have experience, just know that you will punch a hole through your wall if you don't have the space. It rarely drops below 13, so $15 for it and Moss alone is a deal. I don't think I'll bother with the bundle, since I own Superhot VR and the free copy of Moss... even though this would be a far better experience than the Oculus store. Don't tempt me.

So I rarely buy soundtracks for games because a) I usually don't listen to them out of context, same goes for movies and b) Steam's handling of them was shite. With b) being rectified (not perfect, the old player UI needs an update and maybe playback controls could be baked into the client, there's certainly enough room) I'm wondering what are some of y'all's favorite soundtracks? Listening to Axiom Verge right now.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I'm wondering what are some of y'all's favorite soundtracks? Listening to Axiom Verge right now.

This not only nets you the killer Stellaris OST, but you also get the new tracks released with every DLC update (up to 8 DLCs at this point).

That's over 50 tracks for under $4.

It's awesome background music. I fire it up all the time when reading on my daily Metro commutes.

Reactions: Stevey

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I didn't expect much from the reveal of "Tom Clacy's The Division 2; Warlords of New York; A summer tale outbreak story" and I was still left we a pretty hefty "meh".

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.