Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Kingdom Under Fire II being 40% off is tempting.

Has anyone here played it that has also played the previous ones (specifically Crusaders and a Circle of Doom)? If so, how does it stack up? Similar? More strategy or more musou?

And there looked to be some kind of pay 2 play thing. Possibly unlocking characters? Unless I misunderstood completely.
I played it waaaaay back in 2012 or so. There was an official server in SEA, and the game was F2P back then. But it only lasted for a year because it was in a development hell. Generally, it's quite a unique mix of action RPG, musou, and strategy. Not many games tackle this genre yet.

I want to know this myself so I went to Steam Community forums to suss it out. But I saw this instead.

Lol, PS2 graphics is a bit hyperbole. I'd say PS3.

But seriously, it's on par with most indie games with 3D assets on Steam. It's worth the asking price.

Reactions: TheLetdown

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yay, more launchers~!

It’s no secret that Norwegian games developer Funcom has been upping its profile in the online gaming world, building on its long-running base of MMOs with new games of its own and from other publishers. And with the Tencent buyout looming, it’s no surprise that the studio is planting its feet firmly in the realm of publishers with a brand-new company-wide launcher.

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hmh I wonder, since the prices on gems is going up, maybe it would be better to craft badges for gems instead of saving to craft them during sales, hmmmmm.
With the normal badges, it is not worth it. If your goal is to craft badges to produce gems, you should craft the special sale badges (if the items can be turned into 100 gems each). And when this will be possible, the price of gems will crash.

Reactions: Le Pertti

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
After Amnesia sales? Never.
bruhhhhhhh. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Amnesia is trash though, and they killed sales themselves by bundling it so much.

Collar X Malice is still, to date, the best Otome VN I ever played. I probably will buy it again on Switch cuz I like it that much, but goddamn I want it on PC too. (So I can Steam link it to my phone.)

It’s still one month away and I’m already sick of Animal Crossing
What? Why? It's like the only thing I'm looking forward to for the first half of the year here. It might actually be the game that breaks my Siege addiction... maybe.

Fighting one addiction with another... Fire with fire as they say! :fireblob:

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Just got this in my email: Halo Insider MCC Flight Four - Steam Key

Didn't expect them to remember me after all this time.
Same, but I don't remember signing up. I'm surprised it's a Steam key, tbh.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Now that I've played almost 100h of Monster Hunter World (since starting in January), I'd like to officially retract my previous GOTD candidate list and proclaim it as my personal NUMERO UNO. I demand a do-over !

I still can't figure out why I like it so much... I bought it somewhat randomly when I was kinda thirsting for a AAA experience. Tbh I was pretty sure I'd drop it after a couple of hours...

Yesterday I even ordered two complete sets of monster figures (sets 9 and 10, if anyone is interested).

I know that I'm not alone though.... in my friend list I have BlindRhythm who plays as much as I do (although he started in 2018 o_O)

but yeah, it's cool to be constantly psyched about a game... as I got older (or as the industry veered towards full-blown psychopathy) this particular feeling started to become increasingly rare.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019

So 1 game made 50 million dollars on Steam in about 1 year and 4 months. And Witcher 3 was on many deep sales on Steam.

In comparison the total revenue of every 3rd party game on the Epic store for 1 year (I think) was 251 million.

Damn, Steam doing well.

Also, this shows that if you want continous revenue you should release your game on Steam.
The Witcher 3 hit the gold tier in the 2019 top sellers so that gives us a very vague idea of the approximate idea of the sales revenue of those games, though we don't know if it's in the higher or lower part of gold.

Reactions: Mor

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Aaah hells yeah it's weekend, I'm so going to go in a The Division 2 hole again.:D
If I get some free time, it'll be The Division 1 for me! 😀

BTW, opinions on BattleTech? I remember reading the RPS review stating that it was extremely slow and a bit boring, but a lot has changed since then...

Reactions: Le Pertti

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
BTW, opinions on BattleTech? I remember reading the RPS review stating that it was extremely slow and a bit boring, but a lot has changed since then...
I played it at launch.

While it's true that it's a bit slow, the game is not boring at all. The combat is fun and requires lots of thinking and predictions. The mech customization is also a huge part of the game, and I probably spend half of my time with it in the hangar.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
If I get some free time, it'll be The Division 1 for me! 😀

Vanilla BT was boring for me, too few mechs and techs.

Roguetech though... its like 10 times the size of Battletech

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Uggggggh. I really want to play Animal Crossing, but it's the only game I'm really interested in playing on the Switch. Console + game would be over $500CAD.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, me I’m debating selling my switch. It is never used, game prices are far too rich for me and I already can’t play all the PC games I would like :anguished-face:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Hmm, me I’m debating selling my switch. It is never used, game prices are far too rich for me and I already can’t play all the PC games I would like :anguished-face:
Hmm. I don't use it that often... but sometimes a gem comes along and it's worth dusting it off just for those (Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario + Rabbids, etc.)! Or, instead of losing money by reselling it, just buy one of those Xecuter loaders.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Why bother playing them on PC? They would all be perfect on Switch
Perfectly overpriced :so-good-blob:

I think what lead me to the idea of selling the thing is the realization that buying grey market to save money could lead to a ban if the key is of dubious origin. Since even grey market pricing is not exactly cheap (40-45 euros is Switch level price, period), that's kinda depressing.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Now that I've played almost 100h of Monster Hunter World (since starting in January), I'd like to officially retract my previous GOTD candidate list and proclaim it as my personal NUMERO UNO. I demand a do-over !

I still can't figure out why I like it so much... I bought it somewhat randomly when I was kinda thirsting for a AAA experience. Tbh I was pretty sure I'd drop it after a couple of hours...

Yesterday I even ordered two complete sets of monster figures (sets 9 and 10, if anyone is interested).

I know that I'm not alone though.... in my friend list I have BlindRhythm who plays as much as I do (although he started in 2018 o_O)

but yeah, it's cool to be constantly psyched about a game... as I got older (or as the industry veered towards full-blown psychopathy) this particular feeling started to become increasingly rare.
It really is excellent. It’s my most played game on Steam since the expansion dropped, and I can see myself putting in a lot more time as I return for events, try out new builds or just faff about in multiplayer for the fun of it. Be sure to log in today or in the next few days to get a mind’s eye jewel (among others) as a compensation for server issues a few weeks ago.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
It really is excellent. It’s my most played game on Steam since the expansion dropped, and I can see myself putting in a lot more time as I return for events, try out new builds or just faff about in multiplayer for the fun of it. Be sure to log in today or in the next few days to get a mind’s eye jewel (among others) as a compensation for server issues a few weeks ago.
Yup I saw that! I actually didn't realize it was a widespread server issue. I just thought the event was over and that the error I was getting was due to the issues I was having with my WiFi connection...

Quick question though. Is it normal that some delivery quests are still available even though the required resources aren't obtainable anymore? I'm referring to the "VIP grand something something gratitude tickets". I only have 5 which is barely enough to get the (atrociously looking) armor set...

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Looking at the Bloodlines PCGW page. SweetFX, Nvidia Inspector, Anisotropic Filtering.
Those are words, alright.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yup I saw that! I actually didn't realize it was a widespread server issue. I just thought the event was over and that the error I was getting was due to the issues I was having with my WiFi connection...

Quick question though. Is it normal that some delivery quests are still available even though the required resources aren't obtainable anymore? I'm referring to the "VIP grand something something gratitude tickets". I only have 5 which is barely enough to get the (atrociously looking) armor set...
Yeah, they'll always show up if you haven't completed them.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Index and Rift out of stock. Well, ok. It's not like I really had the money, but still :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:
Tell me. I'm trying to get an Index (at double the US price, because my country is shit) and no luck yet...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Valve reiterated they'll make it available before Alyx launches but at even smaller numbers due to the coronavirus.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Looking at the Bloodlines PCGW page. SweetFX, Nvidia Inspector, Anisotropic Filtering.
Those are words, alright.
I guess PC Gaming Wiki needs some better moderation.
Friends don't let friends use SweetFX

Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Is that because it's basically been replaced by ReShade or is there some other reason?
That, and in my mind it's forever linked to terrible "mods" where people crank up all kinds of shading effects, absolutely butchering whatever game it's for.

Reactions: Ascheroth

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope Steam and GOG/Switch cross save becomes a norm. So far Witcher 3, Civ VI and Divinity OS 2 uses it.

CDPR and Valve showing how it's done. The only ones who seems to put customer choice first.

Other companies are so far behind it's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.