Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Maybe Humble should check the text in the pausing subscription window

I only miss the current months Choice bundle, am I correct? Not the next month's bundle

Edit:
I paused the subscription and see this text

I am missing up to 10% off in the Humble store

Don't they revise their texts anymore?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I love Obsidian, but if they are focusing on first-person-only RPGs now I am going to be so bummed. I can play first-person games, but I connect with the game in a totally different way and it's just not as enjoyable for me as third person(iso, over shoulder, top-down, whatever). I like party-based RPGs... While Outer Worlds had a party, I like controlling them directly vs. telling them to do a special attack once in a while.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I love Obsidian, but if they are focusing on first-person-only RPGs now I am going to be so bummed. I can play first-person games, but I connect with the game in a totally different way and it's just not as enjoyable for me as third person(iso, over shoulder, top-down, whatever). I like party-based RPGs... While Outer Worlds had a party, I like controlling them directly vs. telling them to do a special attack once in a while.
Obsidian has a huge team, and so far only a small part of them worked on Pillars. I can see them handling multiple projects, with them also continue to work on Pillars of Eternity too. The second one was quite amazing, especially in terms of world building, would be a shame to leave it all behind.
I know Josh Sawyer said he wanted to work on other things, so it would also be interesting to let other people take the helm of the franchise.

Reactions: Durante

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Great video showing and explaining why good physics is so important in VR and why it changes the whole game.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
If iD doesn't add some sort of Animal Crossing DLC to Eternal I will be dissapointed.
I could totally see a Doom Helmet prop on Animal Crossing New Horizons as a DLC collab (free prop)

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Dictator has done it again! :)
This series has been a treat to watch. He's been very well-informed when it comes to the game's technology, interacting with the devs quite often and been a backer since forever. This paid off in that video in the sheer depth of understanding of how everything works. A single trim to Wilmslow wouldn't have been enough to produce a video of that quality.

There's a lot more to that game, even from the rendering side, but this is joy to watch and know that it will help inform people on why this project means so much to its backers. It's by no means perfect (Fuck you, 3.5 revamp of the FM and I have a growing wariness of their game designers) but it's still very much on the right track while nobody else is even attempting it.

It's like CIG are the only ones building a rocket while everyone else's space program is putting a bigger rock in the same old catapult and hoping it will do the job.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This series has been a treat to watch. He's been very well-informed when it comes to the game's technology, interacting with the devs quite often and been a backer since forever. This paid off in that video in the sheer depth of understanding of how everything works. A single trim to Wilmslow wouldn't have been enough to produce a video of that quality.

There's a lot more to that game, even from the rendering side, but this is joy to watch and know that it will help inform people on why this project means so much to its backers. It's by no means perfect (Fuck you, 3.5 revamp of the FM and I have a growing wariness of their game designers) but it's still very much on the right track while nobody else is even attempting it.
yup, exactly! :) Alex is the best!

It's like CIG are the only ones building a rocket while everyone else's space program is putting a bigger rock in the same old catapult and hoping it will do the job.
yeah, that's how i feel about it as well ... it sure feels like SC is the only true PC game through and through (like the ones we used to get back in the day) ... not just a game that's being made for every platform under the sun

Reactions: Swenhir

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
If iD doesn't add some sort of Animal Crossing DLC to Eternal I will be dissapointed.
I will be the first to admit correcting someone is uncool, and makes for a boring post.
That being said, disappointed, not diss. You are burning a hole in my soul each time you write that.
And you write that word on a regular basis :negative-blob:

Just a note, carry on. As I said, boring and uncool post.

Managed to sell my Vita for an amount that will allow me to buy RE3 and P5R. One less thing to worry about.
How much, if it’s ok to ask ? I could follow you example.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
saw Persona 5 Scramble split between PS4 and Switch

Oh my I can't wait for drama 🍿
Care to elaborate ? I can’t find the data (didn’t look hard but I tried, honest).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
yeah, that's how i feel about it as well ... it sure feels like SC is the only true PC game through and through (like the ones we used to get back in the day) ... not just a game that's being made for every platform under the sun
I agree, but not from the "true" PC game mentality, more in the way that it harkens back to the mindset of old studios, as you said. Hardware limitations and the way games are getting, for a lack of better words, more and more similar under the hood has led to a situation where I feel like very few things excite and make me dream anymore.

Few people outside of the indie scene are trying to do something new anymore, something bold and daring because "risk" even though the industry is filled to the brim with talent that is begging to let loose. I hope CIG are the first of many more to come. Hell, consoles could do really daring games, hardware isn't the be-all, end-all of innovation. It's still great to see a game attempt to push the limits in so many directions at once :).

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Classic brand-warriors fights, nothing new, yet I can totally understand why this happened, I mean, WHY THE HELL would anyone start Persona 5 with the sequel, it makes no sense at all.
We're about to find out in about a month or so if this stays consistent with CS3 being the first (technically second) Trails game on Switch.

Reactions: Mor
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I agree, but not from the "true" PC game mentality, more in the way that it harkens back to the mindset of old studios, as you said. Hardware limitations and the way games are getting, for a lack of better words, becoming more and more similar under the hood has led to a situation where I feel like very few things excite and make me dream anymore.
yeah, that's what i meant :) sorry

I hope CIG are the first of many more to come. Hell, consoles could do really daring games, hardware isn't the be-all, end-all of innovation. It's still great to see a game attempt to push the limits in so many directions at once :).
yeah, exactly ... we definitely need a new Crysis (if only for Dictator to keep making those videos ... and finally be able to update his shrine :p)

Reactions: Swenhir

FunnyJay