Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So apparently according to Coffe Stain, Satisfactory may not release in march (exclusivity ends on the 19th), but in april as not everything is done.

At first I was dissapointed, but then I remembered that Doom, Animal Crossing, Alyx and Bannerlord are all releasing in the period between 20th-31th march.

So the decision by Coffe Stain might not be the worst after all.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So apparently according to Coffe Stain, Satisfactory may not release in march (exclusivity ends on the 19th), but in april as not everything is done.

At first I was dissapointed, but then I remembered that Doom, Animal Crossing, Alyx and Bannerlord are all releasing in the period between 20th-31th march.

So the decision by Coffe Stain might not be the worst after all.
So they're chickening out of competing against Doom Eternal, Ori 2 and other titles :V ?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Wizards Of The Coast Reveals The Next Five Years Of D&D Gaming - Bell of Lost Souls

For those curious about the BG3 early access news:

''And while there was no mention of the newly opened Archetype Entertainment, the WotC owned game studio working on its own sci-fi project, it was revealed that Baldur’s Gate 3 is scheduled for Early Access later this year, so players will be stepping into the world of mind flayers and Minsc a lot sooner than you might have thought.''

''Specifically there are 7 games in development: Baldur’s Gate 3 and Dark Alliance are the two that have already been announced, but according to Hasbro, we should be seeing at least one new D&D video game every year from now until 2025.''

Direct quote from the transcript:
"We have 7 games in development to meet [players'] demand. The first of those games coming to market is Baldur's Gate 3. Baldur's Gate 3 is the long-awaited third installment in the hit roleplaying game franchise beloved by generations of D&D and RPG fans alike. BG3 is the result of our collaboration with Larian Studios, famous for the critically-acclaimed Divinity series of roleplaying games. The game is a story-driven RPG that pushes the boundaries of the genre and offers unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companions, and memorable content. Larian will be showing off the game to the public next weekend at PAX East before entering Early Access later this year. But we wanted to share with you an exclusive first look at some very early gameplay footage of what promises to be one of the biggest roleplaying games of the early 2020s. "

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
It's pretty cool how Remote Play Together logs time for every participant. You'll even earn cards if you own the game.
If you share the save with your friend it even gives you achievements and the unlockables, however, it doesn't work with every game. When it works you get the whole package, such a great feature.

Reactions: Nabs

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
An early access single player RPG is not appealing at all.
This is also true for me.

But nonetheless Larian had a pretty positive experiences with the early access phases of Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2.
As far as I remember Larian used the early access phase to capture a huge amount of statistics on how the people played the game. And in addition they incorporated the feedback from the players.
In the end this probably lead to a more polished game and because of this I ok with it :cuteblob:
And for people who fear story spoilers: For the Divinity Original Sin 2 early access phase it was only for the first act. If they do it for Baldurs Gate 3 I would assume that they do something similar.

Reactions: QFNS

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Well, I think AC is just okay too. Yet it's oddly addicting. Comfy. I have really fond memories of AC: Wild World. Meeting up with friends to trade silly stuff like fruit and fashion. Also chasing down balloons in the sky and shooting them for presents lol.

It's like one of those games where you just turn off your brain and go tbh. I think that's what I like about it. It's just chill. The exact opposite of a game like Siege.

Hey, maybe the group chat fix will help ListeningGarden with that issue she raised recently?
Maybe I’m just an old man. I can’t stand games with no objective anymore :p

Reactions: 「Echo」

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
There's loads more but twitter is giving me problems today, keeps going all "you're rate limited" and doesn't show any more if I go further than 4 hours ago :(

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finally played through Bright Memory.
Very short and I have no idea what was going on, but the gameplay is really cool and graphically it's very impressive as well.
And made by just 1 person!

Looking forward to Bright Memory Infinite whenever that releases.

Also Okami is pretty neat so far. It's a bit slow, sometimes annoyingly so. But neat.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So today I have spent like 4-5 hours playing RDR2 and 1 hour playing Daemon x Machina (I know I know, weird combination, from far west to mechas haha)

RDR2 is slowly conquering me, at first I didn't like it as much as I would have expected but the more I play, the more I like it, don't get me wrong, I still think RDR1 is a more consistent game at a personal leve (and I will explain this when I finish this second game) but Chapter 4 (the one I ended) makes a huge difference, it's the non-returning point for a lot of things and I liked how things got resolved.

So yeah, I'm quite amazed for how my perspective is changing about this game.

And what about Daemon x Machina? well, I have made a fight against a giant mecha-spider (mobile fortress) with my Arsenal which was so little compared to the enemy that it was quite spectacular. Game is amazing and I just can't stop thinking how cool would be to give this team a proper budget to make something BIG!!!! cause' if this is what happened with a low-mid budget, I can't imagine what would have happened if the team had, IDK, From Software's money. Here's hope for a proper Armored Core with a proper budget, but, overall, Daemon x Machina is WAY BETTER than most of the reviews say, it's just that the game is very niche but if you are into this genre, oh damn, you are into the real deal.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
So today I have spent like 4-5 hours playing RDR2 and 1 hour playing Daemon x Machina (I know I know, weird combination, from far west to mechas haha)

RDR2 is slowly conquering me, at first I didn't like it as much as I would have expected but the more I play, the more I like it, don't get me wrong, I still think RDR1 is a more consistent game at a personal leve (and I will explain this when I finish this second game) but Chapter 4 (the one I ended) makes a huge difference, it's the non-returning point for a lot of things and I liked how things got resolved.

So yeah, I'm quite amazed for how my perspective is changing about this game.
I finished RDR 2 yesterday. There is much about that game that I like a bit, but also much that is irritating and annoying.

The characters grow on you, even the assholes (even "I got a Plan"-Dutch). The sidestories are pure gold (the French painter, the widow and many more), sad that you can miss a followup when you skip chapters too quickly. Even the epilogue and its more mundane quests fit the greater story really well. The game looks and sounds amazing. I had 1 crash the whole Playtrough on PC, so I may have been lucky here. 50-70 FPS on High Settings @ 1440p, the graphics are fantastic.

But then there is playing the actual game. Animation priority everywhere. And animations take long ass time, every single time you are skinning, mounting, crafting, or changing equipment it takes forever and more. Who ever thought that consumable system should be in the game is insane. And just controlling Arthur is a pain in the arse.

Still 65 hours played so I guess that is on me.

Reactions: Mor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
That Wolcen so many of you have been talking about sure seems like a fun game

5 Minutes in and already encountering 3 major bugs, the name one at the time stamp is my favorite

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I finished RDR 2 yesterday. There is much about that game that I like a bit, but also much that is irritating and annoying.

The characters grow on you, even the assholes (even "I got a Plan"-Dutch). The sidestories are pure gold (the French painter, the widow and many more), sad that you can miss a followup when you skip chapters too quickly. Even the epilogue and its more mundane quests fit the greater story really well. The game looks and sounds amazing. I had 1 crash the whole Playtrough on PC, so I may have been lucky here. 50-70 FPS on High Settings @ 1440p, the graphics are fantastic.

But then there is playing the actual game. Animation priority everywhere. And animations take long ass time, every single time you are skinning, mounting, crafting, or changing equipment it takes forever and more. Who ever thought that consumable system should be in the game is insane. And just controlling Arthur is a pain in the arse.

Still 65 hours played so I guess that is on me.
Don't get me wrong, my main problems will make sense (I think) once I expose them here and in a VEEEERY long review I'm planning, tbh, story is good just that some things doesn't fit, and yes, side stories are absolutely AMAZING and most of them are or very entertaining or top tier, such a shame that you can miss them, that's why everyone should take their time on each chapter, not going to lie, I missed some but I will probably re-play the game in a few years so I'm not too worried about missing anything in the long term, so far I'm into 30 hours/Chapter 5.

Speaking of performance, I must say that I'm in the same boat as you, my experience is nothing but good, 1440/60-70 with a mix of High, Max and Medium, looks absolutely great (except some minor shadow visual artifacts) and same as you, just one crash but to be honest that was my computer finishing a process that affected the game.

About the animation priority, here's where I think I'm with the minority, I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS PACE, I never had problems with the animations and the slow pace of actions when I played on the PS4, my problem was mainly the pace of the story, yet I think the work (and crunch unfortunately) done here is just another galaxy level, everything is natural and smooth, slow but we are slow animals so.... it's realistic haha

Anyway, at the end of the day I will have to decide my thoughts and impressions very carefully cause' it's going to be really difficult to decide, is it one of my favorite games ever aside of the story or it's a game that I just enjoy cause' the setting? like or dislike? so many questions I will need to answer to myself.

Reactions: Stevey

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I was going to play Arkham Knight through family sharing but my brother only has the base game and cdkeys is selling the complete edition for 6 euros. I wonder if I should get it.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I was going to play Arkham Knight through family sharing but my brother only has the base game and cdkeys is selling the complete edition for 6 euros. I wonder if I should get it.
Well, given that the hardware has finally caught up with the game and the port has had some significant changes made... Sure, go for it, if you liked City and Origins.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just a tip from my experience last year: Unless you plan to 100% it, don't complete any of the sidequest lines until after you've finished the story. You can complete them up to the final step but leave that until after. I can elaborate more if you'd like but I'm not sure if you'd want an explanation or just go in blind. I'll just note that for me I completed the story and then realized I still had to do hours of side stuff I hadn't intended to do to get a proper ending and credits.

And I am not speaking about the true ending, which is another beast completely that requires 100% everything and beating the game twice, etc. That's for the really insane folks.

Edit: And base game vs complete package depends on your playstyle. Are you going to want to wring everything out of the game or are you more likely to beat it, get an ending, and just move on. The DLC stuff is overall great for adding more to the game but I didn't really touch much of it since I tend to just beat games and move on right away.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I am playing HL2 again. I am at the part with the buggy in the beach. Do I still have a long way to beat the game?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Ravenholm scared me shitless when I first played HL2 15 years ago... I remember putting the game down for 1 week because of those damn dog mutants or whatever they are.
It took me more than 10 years to replay the game and be able to appreciate just how magnificent of a level it truly is. A testament to Valve's greatness that has been lost over the years.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I remember HL2 being long game, but it took just 9.9h.

Did all achievements too (well, HL2 achievements are easy, unlike episodes).

Ravenholm (with gravity gun only) is slightly annoying, due to part near end where you wait elevator from Grigori. I was playing at Hard, so I cheesed that my being in spot where enemies can't hurt me.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
FF12 is really hitting all the right notes for me right now. Fun combat. Engaging story (!). Solid writing and voice acting. Haven’t gotten into a JRPG like this in a long time. The time-saving speed modifiers definitely help though. I think I’d have checked out already if it didn’t have those.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You know what's fun? Debugging a bug that doesn't happen on your PC, doesn't happen for most other people, and if it does happen it mostly only happens once. (And I don't mean once per session, but once per PC :p)
what a great way to spend your Sunday :p lol

Status
Not open for further replies.