Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
should be the ones coming soon

bloodborne
ghost of tsushima
god of war
spiderman
uncharted collection
I am interested in one and a half of these. Spider-man because I am a Marvel guy and Bloodborne because I've played all Dark Souls games so I might as well get that too. The rest, eh.

10% of daily sessions is way less than I would have guessed. It seems that mouse and keyboard still reigns supreme.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Looking for advice, I pre ordered Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 ages ago on Voidu, because of a price error at the time making it cheaper.

Even before the new delay announcement I had wanted to cancel my pre order, and put in a request to cancel.
Got a response that they would honour this but that was over a month ago.

I’ve kept trying to email them but have had only one update saying they’re still working on it, 2 weeks ago.
They don’t seem to have a Reddit or a support Twitter, just email. What do I do?
Is chargeback or PayPal claim an option this far along?

tldr, don’t pre order from voidu kids

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I am interested in one and a half of these. Spider-man because I am a Marvel guy and Bloodborne because I've played all Dark Souls games so I might as well get that too. The rest, eh.

10% of daily sessions is way less than I would have guessed. It seems that mouse and keyboard still reigns supreme.
When the top games played everyday are competitive shooters and dota, 10% is pretty high.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I tried to use Yuzu, but it seems I need system files or whatever it was in order to emulate anything. And by system files I need an actual Switch to dump those files. Am I correct?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

• Gib
Reactions: Mor

taril360dz

Apr 17, 2019
Algeria
www.tarik-bouchikhi.cf
Y'know... Yuzu will probably be able to play everything almost perfect soon enough, and I belive Nintendo is dumb enough to still not release anything on PC.
most of their games are already emulated they can just pack a rom with a custom emulator and sell it on steam and profit. not like i'm expecting them to change but that's just money left on table.

Reactions: Ge0force

taril360dz

Apr 17, 2019
Algeria
www.tarik-bouchikhi.cf

wow, havent heard about grendizer in a long time. watched it a lot when i was a kid

Reactions: Tizoc

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
30$ Bloodborne complete will definitely sell a couple million in first month. The game did alright on PS4 considering install base and difficulty but yea its gonna be hard to compare with PC sales since they gave it away with PS+. Longterm all the FROM games settle in at 2-4 million on Steam. Dark Souls 3 will be hard to beat so I say Bloodborne won't sell more.

Also I wonder if Medievil will be another title Sony puts on PC. It didn't review well like Days gone and likely didn't sell well. It was another one of those titles I skipped on PS4. My memories of playing the OG game is mostly it being basic but fun adventure/action game. A cheap copy on PC would be nice :sneaky:
I'd buy the Medievil Remake in a heartbeat. Very unlikely they will do it though otherwise our insiders would have known.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'd buy the Medievil Remake in a heartbeat. Very unlikely they will do it though otherwise our insiders would have known.
Insiders don't know everything and they can always start planning other PC ports later.

With Days Gone, BB, Uncharted, GoW, Dreams possibly etc. there's already a ton on the way.

Reactions: Ge0force

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I tried to use Yuzu, but it seems I need system files or whatever it was in order to emulate anything. And by system files I need an actual Switch to dump those files. Am I correct?
Or 5 seconds with Google, yes.

• This!
Reactions: Wildebeet

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Insiders don't know everything and they can always start planning other PC ports later.

With Days Gone, BB, Uncharted, GoW, Dreams possibly etc. there's already a ton on the way.
Uncharted and God of War have been hinted at since August 2020 among others.

Sony only have so much money to spend on porting exclusives and sadly I can't fault them for focusing on commercially safe titles.
I'd LOVE stuff like the Sly Collection as well, but the demand just is not there when stracked against voices ardently asking for Bloodborne and the likes.

Seriously, I think platformers on PC is a genre not stimulated enough.

Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Why the hell i thought that Ubisoft would do something easy way. I assassinated all Order members in AC Valhalla and i thought that then i will get to go after head of the Order. But no now i need to go and kill all Zealots before i can go after final Order member. That is fighting like 10+ more Zealots...

• Toucan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think Returnal and Demons Souls Remake will hit PC at some point. Mainly because those games resonates more with the PC audience.

I actually don't understand why Sony is funding a 70$ roguelike.

Reactions: QFNS and Lashley

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Since we're talking about EA and city builders, can we get SimCity 2013 (and maybe Societies) on Steam in a random drop like we got the first Titanfall? I mean, at least those two games are playable.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I think Returnal and Demons Souls Remake will hit PC at some point. Mainly because those games resonates more with the PC audience.

I actually don't understand why Sony is funding a 70$ roguelike.
Returnal is UE4 is it not ? Could be a good candidate.
I don't think the game is going to sell that well on console either, so a PC release 6+ months later would not surprise me.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Last dlc was released in March last year, and the one before it was released almost a year before. The next dlc might come this March. Or have the devs dropped the game entirely and started with something new?
I think he meant that Sim City franchise is dead, not Skylines. :D

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Looking for advice, I pre ordered Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 ages ago on Voidu, because of a price error at the time making it cheaper.

Even before the new delay announcement I had wanted to cancel my pre order, and put in a request to cancel.
Got a response that they would honour this but that was over a month ago.

I’ve kept trying to email them but have had only one update saying they’re still working on it, 2 weeks ago.
They don’t seem to have a Reddit or a support Twitter, just email. What do I do?
Is chargeback or PayPal claim an option this far along?

tldr, don’t pre order from voidu kids
I don't have experience with the store but I can tell you I still see on some stores Bloodlines 2 listed and available to be pre ordered
I would say give them time but your support ticket being on hold for 2 weeks is not a good sign.

Try to reach them on their Twitter account although they haven't posted since a month but it might be worth to try all existing possibilities before doing a chargeback.

I hope you can get this sorted out as soon as possible, it must be an awful experience afterall.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I know EA will probably screw this up but can we appreciate the fact that a trend chasing GaaS game was cancelled and the employees were moved over to a nerdy single player RPG? On paper this is amazing and we never really get this anymore, it's usually the opposite happening.

*cue DA4 having so many live service elements it makes inquisition look like a good game.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
No, you just need the emulator and the game.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I don't pre-order at all. It's useless for digital games and I want to know if a game is good and released in a good state before I spend my money on it.
I wish I did that. I still preorder stuff. Usually stuff I would buy regardless, but still. Would be good to not preorder...

Since we're talking about EA and city builders, can we get SimCity 2013 (and maybe Societies) on Steam in a random drop like we got the first Titanfall? I mean, at least those two games are playable.
I wish EA would put their whole back catalogue on Steam, not just games from the past ~15 years or so. Ski or die, SimCity 1989, 2000, 3000, SimCopter, bring it all. I dont see why old games should only go on GOG (like SimCity 2000 & 3000, so many others are still missing). And I dont see a reason not to put them up. Its so easy to just use DOSBox or quick fixes. SimCity 2000 for Windows 95 still works in Win 10 (needs a small fix for saving games, thats it).

Oh, I misunderstood then. Yeah, it's a shame that it died. I never tried the latest iteration of Sim Citty where always online DRM pretty much ruined the game
Also the very small city sizes didnt help. But yeah, as I mentioned before, I wish I liked Skylines more than I did, but the road management killed it for me. True shame.

When it comes to Anthem: werent there reports that the development of that game was completely aimless for a long time? Im honestly still unsure what that game really is about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.