Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Also I know this is crazy but I actually prefer this Nier Opening because of Kaine
That opening is what actually got me interested in it in the first place! I only later learned about the VA (Laura Bailey) and damn is she amazing.

Though given the absolutely shameful treatment of Nier Automata by Square and Platinum, I'm not touching it out of principle. They couldn't even ship a damn patch in 4 years.

Reactions: PC-tan

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looking at the games possibly releasing the rest of the year on Steam..

There are so many that I want to buy and actually play.

Days Gone
RE8
Mass Effect Legendary
FF7 remake
Ninja Gaiden Collection
Baldurs Gate 3
Psychonauts 2
Another PS4 exclusive (or two)
Gotham Knights
Halo Infinite
Silksong (maybe)
Starfield (maybe)
Elden Ring (maybe)
Persona 5 and/or 3 (maybe)
Nocturne (maybe)
Cyberpunk expansions (maybe)
Rare Replay (maybe)

Plus wtvr random/unnecessary Steam sale + Humble purchases + other surprise announcements.

Looks to be another amazing and expensive year. No fucking chance I'll actually be able to buy let alone find time to play everything lol.

Its gonna be hard to choose what to skip but things are definitely getting skipped :(

Outside of RE8 and Gotham Knights I don't see much dropping in price fast either :anguished-face:

There is gamepass for Xbox stuff so that is good although I really want Starfield in my steam library if that happens this year.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looking at the games possibly releasing the rest of the year on Steam..

There are so many that I want to buy and actually play.

Days Gone
RE8
Mass Effect Legendary
FF7 remake
Ninja Gaiden Collection
Baldurs Gate 3
Psychonauts 2
Another PS4 exclusive (or two)
Gotham Knights
Halo Infinite
Silksong (maybe)
Starfield (maybe)
Elden Ring (maybe)
Persona 5 and/or 3 (maybe)
Nocturne (maybe)
Cyberpunk expansions (maybe)
Rare Replay (maybe)

Plus wtvr random/unnecessary Steam sale + Humble purchases + other surprise announcements.

Looks to be another amazing and expensive year. No fucking chance I'll actually be able to buy let alone find time to play everything lol.

Its gonna be hard to choose what to skip but things are definitely getting skipped :(

Outside of RE8 and Gotham Knights I don't see much dropping in price fast either :anguished-face:

There is gamepass for Xbox stuff so that is good although I really want Starfield in my steam library if that happens this year.
My 2021 list right now (of course it will change over time and of course some prices are not displayed cause I'm lazy :coffee-blob:)

First section is confirmed games, second section is unconfirmed games but high chances of appearing on Steam in 2021 (Judgment for example is still there cause' I don't know how long the exclusivity is but I suspect is less than a year, same with NMH1 and 2)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My upcoming 2021 list on steam is like this:

• Forza Horizon 4
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  • Days Gone
  • Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
  • Cold Steel IV
  • Biomutant
  • AKIBA'S TRIP: Hellbound & Debriefed

I am pretty sure that I have missed more than a few titles, and these are confirmed 2021 releases only. As I believe in Queen's leaks, there should be tons more coming to steam this year and seriously I can't wait to learn more. :cat-heart-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't really "plan" what games to buy, I just sorta "happens" buy them them based on mood, reviews and how much time I have. Like I expected to get Nioh 2 on launch, but didn't due to lack of time, I did not expect to buy P5S on launch, but did because I had more time than I realized, wanted to support Atlus on PC and the game got a lot of good talk.

However I don't plan, but I expect myself to get FFVIIR, FH4, MH Rise (PC), P5R and Days Gone on launch. But anything can happen.

I have currently pre-ordered: Deathloop, Bloodlines 2 (was cheap), REVillage and Loop Hero. Because I know I will play those at launch.

I did the mistake before of pre-ordering everything I wanted, but what happened was that many games I pre-ordered I didn't get to play long after they released and by the time I started playing them, they have been on sale.

So unless Im 100% sure I will play a game in the week of launch, I won't pre-order it.

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well, planning is mostly because that way I can see my monthly spending in games, I usually do an initial planning of the year (general) and then I go month by month changing or adjusting things, that way everything is easier to me to not get crazy hehe

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I keep forgetting about Ghostwire and Deathloop. Sony moneyhatted them just in time.

I wonder what kind of contract Bethesda and Sony signed. Will those games be allowed on PC gamepass day 1? Or does the exclusivity prohibit both console + PC gamepass release. Either way the games will do well on Steam so Microsoft comes out the winner with the acquisition lol. And Sony probably loses long term since many Playstation fans won't invest in Bethesda games knowing nothing will come from them in the future anymore and support for those games post launch will be suspect.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I keep forgetting about Ghostwire and Deathloop. Sony moneyhatted them just in time.

I wonder what kind of contract Bethesda and Sony signed. Will those games be allowed on PC gamepass day 1? Or does the exclusivity prohibit both console + PC gamepass release. Either way the games will do well on Steam so Microsoft comes out the winner with the acquisition lol. And Sony probably loses long term since many Playstation fans won't invest in Bethesda games knowing nothing will come from them in the future anymore and support for those games post launch will be suspect.
Depends on contract I guess.

However to me game pass doesn't really matter as I prefer to own my games.

I do wonder what the sales split will be between Deathloop Steam and Playstation.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I want to buy Kingdom Hearts, but that's not gonna happen when it's egclusive and also that price tag it got for four separate games
I guess once they come to Steam we will see a price tag reduction cause' if that's not the case, Square is going to face some serious backlash with their communities. Anyway, that's a problem to future Deku ^^

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I guess once they come to Steam we will see a price tag reduction cause' if that's not the case, Square is going to face some serious backlash with their communities. Anyway, that's a problem to future Deku ^^
I am hoping that there will be a price glitch on all KH games, after they are released on Steam (if that's gonna happen)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Strikers clear. The game clock said 32 hours and Steam said 35 hours. Due to crashes and having to replay content, it's probably somewhere in the middle and around 33-34 hours. If you enjoyed Persona 5 I would wholeheartedly recommend playing it. While it has many of the same story beats as Persona 5, and can sometimes feel like a retread, the new characters are great and really enjoyable.

In a way I honestly liked Strikers more than Royal, but that's mostly due to the fact I had to slog through nearly 90 hours of content again to reach the third semester in Royal and replaying Persona 5 reminded me how slow that game can be and the game having some spotty writing at points. Also, some of the new Royal content was not integreated very well into the game aka the entirety of Kasumi. I will say the third semester in Royal is better than anything in Strikers though.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Well, it worked with Chrono Trigger. :evilblob:
For some reason Chrono Trigger is the only game that got some love from Square Enix, but none of the FF received this much love. The FF games did get some updates later, but the updates introduced new problems instead, like no exe files :D

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I can understand that CDPR wasn't able to work on the next patch due to the hack, but if the situation was known for at least 2 weeks, why wait the last moment to do the annoucement?

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Damn, I wish I cared about steam cheevos as I do about PSN trophies. I get neither matter, but it definitely gives me the dopamine hit I need to keep me gaming, wish depression would fuck off.
Don't hesitate to share your feelings in the Mental Health thread, it can help.

Playstation fans are fucking creepy sometimes :anguished-face:

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Don't hesitate to share your feelings in the Mental Health thread, it can help.

Playstation fans are fucking creepy sometimes :anguished-face:
Nah, I'm fine it just zaps all my interest in hobbies and shit.

And yes, yes they are

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Lol at Playtracker saying Valheim has 3.2 mill estimated owners when the devs recently announced there are 4 mill owners. I feel Playtracker is more wrong than accurate these days..

Like, Sea of Thives is at 2,6 mill on Playtracker while it was announced last year it already had reached 1 mill.

Need Always Sunny theme at the end.

• Toucan
Reactions: Lashley

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Now that I've played Satisfactory for a dozen hours (and previously Factorio for 50+) I came to a few conclusions.

First of all, 3d is a nice change of pace. Sometimes it helps with my creativity and is fun, sometimes it gets on the way. I feel like there's no winner here, since each feel unique in this regard.

Satisfactory has an amazing feature that Factorio doest have which is limiting your buildings output rate to any % you want. It's very useful to get exactly what you want at any point, or optimize resource utilization on the go.

Also, another key difference is that Satisfactory is also an exploration game of sorts, similar to Subnautica, where you are able to find blueprints and specific resources around the map. You need to explore. This part is kind of a mixed bag for me, I don't think I'm a huge fan. I just want to build my factory in this kind of game. The exploration is not that interesting to me.

The combat in Satisfactory so far has a lot to be desired too. Don't like it very much. I like the "combat" in Factorio more.

Overall, I prefer Factorio a lot more. It's all about factory building and base defending, which is what I was searching for in this kind of game. Satisfactory is pretty good though, and I'll be going through all the available content as of yet for sure. I'm currently building up resources for the third space station upgrade.
After having said this a few days ago, and after now 40h of Satisfactory, it's safe to say that its extra dimension (3D) generates a lot of fun indeed! Also, not having to worry about running out of resources for a given mineral extraction is helpfull as well. Now I'm digging it just as much as I was with Factorio, and I actually don't know which one I prefer.

Now it's time to plan and build my coal generator factory. Will come back with results!

• Gib
Reactions: lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Lol at Playtracker saying Valheim has 3.2 mill estimated owners when the devs recently announced there are 4 mill owners. I feel Playtracker is more wrong than accurate these days..
I don’t think they were ever super reliable beyond getting a general ballpark estimate of relative popularity. Still useful info though. Just got to keep in mind the margin of error that comes with estimations like these.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Like, Sea of Thives is at 2,6 mill on Playtracker while it was announced last year it already had reached 1 mill.
Usually games that are selling a lot in a short period of time take some time to catch up, regarding Sea of Thieves there is a disclaimer on their site saying the data could be skewed and and inaccurate.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Did they update the PC version only? Or did they only ported it to PC? Can't remember.
They ported AND fixed ^^

With Valheim it's still catching up with the numbers, lol, there's always a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.