Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Charon fight in Hades is never gonna appear for me. A shitload of runs and still not able to "borrow" money from Charon to trigger the fight.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
RTX 3060 reviews are out, very disappointing performance/watt when compared to the other 30 series cards...
Pretty much slightly better performance than 2060 Super/2070, but power consumption is only a little bit lower than those, so its performance/watt is barely better than the 20 series.

(Also nonexistent stock).

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
:wd_happy::wd_happy::wd_happy:

Turns out I was playing Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on Low Quality graphics settings:
Low Details set to Four Players enables a variety of effects and increases texture quality which I just changed and now the game looks much nicer

FFS Sumo label your settings better.

Nice game still IMO, nice track set, nice music, nice character variety. Just a solid game all around for some casual play. Gonna finish it up maybe today and unlock everything.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
RTX 3060 reviews are out, very disappointing performance/watt when compared to the other 30 series cards...
Pretty much slightly better performance than 2060 Super/2070, but power consumption is only a little bit lower than those, so it's performance/watt is barely better than the 20 series.

(Also nonexistent stock).
Yeah it looks like a turd. Very poor value.

• This!
Reactions: ezodagrom

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The Caligula Effect 2 was announced for the West (fall release), but Switch and PS4 only so far.
It's NISA, expect a PC port down the road on..... any weird day :coffee-blob:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just got email from kickstarter campaign, pre orders open today for System Shock 1 remake, with a late summer release

weird, £4 cheaper on Steam than GOG and EGS
So it has a fantastic regional pricing for me.

Some of you probably know my gaming taste one way or another. I never played any game from the franchise, do you think I will like it? How's the horror?

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
It's NISA, expect a PC port down the road on..... any weird day :coffee-blob:
I like to think that the company of this forum's certain user is busy with NISA's other titles, hence the need for a delayed PC version announcement :p

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
We don't work on any NISA PC ports other than Ys and Trails, we really can't handle tons of games simultaneously.
This is also not really relevant though, NISA certainly has other resources and partners to tap for ports!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I like to think that the company of this forum's certain user is busy with NISA's other titles, hence the need for a delayed PC version announcement :p
Caligula Overdose was ported by Engine Software. If NISA ever ported the sequel it would probably be by them.

Reactions: Stone Ocean

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
So it has a fantastic regional pricing for me.

Some of you probably know my gaming taste one way or another. I never played any game from the franchise, do you think I will like it? How's the horror?
Nightdive follows standard pricing.

Its a systems driven RPG first and action game second. Similar to a survival horror game like old-school Resident Evil, you'll need to manage resources and explore a labyrinth.
See this review if you wanna know more :

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Not quite the data it wanted.
If I read it correctly, they get the data for 436 games instead of 30000, and only for 2015 onwards instead of starting from 2008 (!).

I'm still not quite sure that they should get that data, but their initial demand was just outrageous.
This comment on Reddit made it appear that this is standard for antitrust cases. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how correct the commenter is. I would also guess Apple has requested data from the console manufacturers too, but that's blind speculation on my part. I'm personally waiting for the Hoeg Law video to help break it down for a dummy like me.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Apparently Outriders is....online only. No offline mode for even single player. That blows away any hopes i had of purchasing it.
Character data is stored online is what i've heard so that's why there's an online requirement.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yet another bundle from Fanatical

Only interested in Iconoclasts, and of course it is on the highest tier of the bundle
Yo that's one good looking bundle.
The Vagrant is excellent, highly recommended. Tier 2 in general looks really good.
Already have Moonlighter, but I've been wanting Iconoclasts for a while now, and that 3€ extra for Tier 3 is quite cheaper than it's ever been in a sale.

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019

I just found out a few days ago that there is a demo for Rise Eterna. It plays like Fire Emblem but...

There seem to be multi-character combo moves or something since the battle phase includes nearby units. Unlike Fire Emblem (and similar games RIP Wars series and shoutout to Brigandine) though, the combat is per turn, meaning only the attacker can attack during the battle phase. There is no counter-attack at least in the demo. Player Phase and Enemy Phase turn system, so there is no speed (in this case, AGI) stat that dictates turn order. I would have not wanted that if this plays like Fire Emblem, but it doesn't. With that said, I miss Final Fantasy Tactics.

There is some degree of customization where skill trees are divided into two, generic skills that everyone has, and Hero skills which are specific for that character.

Dialogue is not Shakespearean or old English, it reads like, I don't know, forum posts? Lmao, does not bother me.

My favorite part is ranged units have actual range!!!! The last Fire Emblem I played is the one in GameCube back in the late 2000s and I was so pissed that ranged units have two squares of range WTF. I didn't get far in that game, so probably the range extended later.

Nice keyboard layout for menu controls too. Although, I had to smash the directional keys because it does not recognize long-press for cursor movement.

I had to stop after the first mission since the demo just gave away three new characters that might be spoilers. I like what I'm seeing.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Jesus, thats a blast from the past, is this one a sequel?

Edit: from the store page:
Did You Know?
  • This is our follow-up to the original, award-winning series.
  • The original is in the Guinness World Records for longest word in a video game title.
  • It also broke Steam because the title was way long.
  • And it won a bunch of awards. Some, for publications and conventions that don't exist anymore. Ten years is a long time.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Glad I backed it! They went through quite a lot of crap, too. Props to them for getting it done.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
In terms of buying plans I don't really have much for this year.
There aren't any 1 must have day 1 purchases I can think of. Sure, there's a lot of candidates, but it will depend on price. I've already massively overloaded my library with recent bundle purchases and Early Access games that are about to leave it soon.
The one thing I do want to buy is some Atelier if - and that's a very big if - KT has some not completely garbage discounts.
In general I just keep a spreadsheet with money spent on games so that I have an easy overview and can see how I'm doing compared to previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.