Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Outriders is fun, F2P fun, not worth a penny for the base game, Destiny and Warframe did everything better already.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm way less interested in Solar Ash Kingdom despite loving Hyper Light Drifter.
I'm way more interested in Deathloop.
FF7R looks great, but it's never coming to PC until it's done with episodes, is it.
Likewise, not to mention the dagger in the backer's back with the EGS exclusive deal.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
F-ing Square Enix and their policy of treating PC as not even second class citizens but 3rd class at best.

Great Sifu is possibly Epic Store exclusive

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
F-ing Square Enix and their policy of treating PC as not even second class citizens but 3rd class at best.

It is. Trailer on the devs twitter says in collaboration with Epic Games and only shows EGS and PS

• This!
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
And I can't even be excited about Deathloop because it will require Bethesda account on Steam and I am sick of developers and publishers making me create new accounts. I don't want to give my data to every single company on this world.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

confirmed and we will check for confirmation of timed exclusivity.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
FF7 PC gonna be the "definitive edition" now and include the DLC, but will come out next year.

That's my guess. Sad they aren't comitting to it this year.

Also where is FFT PC???? Put like 5 devs on this and it will sell 4 million copies. Will do better than FF 7 Battle Royale almost assuredly.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Seeing the news out of state of play, that mobile VII remake looks neater than the real deal, if it wasn't episodic. Like a what if Nintendo had gotten Square Enix to remake it for Wii or something without losing the original chibi stuff and traditional more cartoony FF flair. Few things interest me, maybe that Sifu thingie if it plays good and is like, next gen God Hand caliber rather than a random indie caliber beat 'em up you'll forget about soon after launch. Knockout City looks like wannabe Splatoon-Rocket League-Ninjala type stuff that doesn't quite hit the mark despite some good ideas. Rather play Windjammers. Lots of crap, FFBR :suicide-blob:

Edit: wait this says it will have the story from everything VII related they've done in one, lol, that might make it a must play if it's not some gacha/grind or otherwise super lame/limited thing. Like taking it the complete opposite direction of the "real" remake that cuts it down to separate games. Although some backgrounds here look like they're straight out of PS1? It's confusing but probably just the low quality of the video. It generally looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
FF7 PC gonna be the "definitive edition" now and include the DLC, but will come out next year.

That's my guess. Sad they aren't comitting to it this year.

Also where is FFT PC???? Put like 5 devs on this and it will sell 4 million copies. Will do better than FF 7 Battle Royale almost assuredly.
That's not even far from reality! FFT along with FFTA and A2 are the best selling spinoffs in the series with roughly 5-6 millions copies, way more than FF13 sequels or other spinoffs. And yet we havent seen a Tactics game since 2007...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Speaking of Tactics after our recent mention of FFXII I actually dug into that for the first time, I'm nearing the end 50 hours or so in (off to Bahamut as soon as I level some more) and I find the aesthetic washed out from Tactics and especially Vagrant Story. It's like they tried to combine that with the FFVIII colorful sci fantasy style and it doesn't quite fit. But beyond that it's remarkably well put together visually in so many ways, expertly placed area exits that do re-create part of the next area ahead so you can always see where you're going, crazy good skyboxes that don't only do, well, the sky, but also awesome atmospheric effects like the city backgrounds and what not, amazing attention to detail everywhere, etc. Very very impressive despite stills not looking so hot with the PS2 low resolution textures (or whatever AI upscaling they used) and other limitations evident but it's pretty clearly a huge budget effort of the era with tons of attention to detail and polish in levels you rarely see. It's nuts, and then you also see that some areas have their "alternate" state like after heavy rains and floods and what not and it's even crazier. I just loved going through all the areas even if I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay still. I didn't even mind their segmentation and found it made things easier to navigate when you only had to mind your current "block" of the given area and not the whole. Although I feel like Vagrant Story had more character to its interiors still, when they weren't non descript corridors. Either because it was so impressive for its own era and hardware or because with losing that even more segmented aspect and going for full JRPG instead of dungeon crawler they increased the scale of everything and so did a bit less on the micro detail level, I dunno. Even the creature designs are somehow more colorful and flashy rather than gritty and menacing, like if you compare the dragons/wyverns in Vagrant Story with those in FFXII they're mostly different. Still beautiful in their own way of course and you gotta love many of the more special breeds and bosses, awesome designs all around. The story's not as good as the other Ivalice stuff either but it's been compelling enough and other than some prolonged maze-like dungeon areas that were tricky to get past (I hate mazes in JRPGs but it's not like it's better to have everything being a cakewalk in a straight line, I'm just saying) the pacing keeps you coming back. I like the characters too but they don't really get that much time to really get to feel for them and their motivations, you get a glimpse of it and some revelations about each of them as you play on but you don't really get enough to grow to care about them as much as you cared about characters in Tactics. Maybe it rushes to keep the pace rather than risk dwelling on themes and moods too long but it could be done better. It's not just for main characters, like the bunny race is analogus to elves but little is shown even in side quests etc., it's all very shallow I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm surprised that SE isn't releasing the BR game on PC. BR games are popular in Japan and they even have 1 that's very popular there already, I'm guessing that SE wants to tap into that market and as it stands there is not really many other IPs that they have where they could do something like that and I guess that after the FFXV Comrades thing they just choose to have it be FF related.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Some possible Life is Strange 3/4 information on Era, mods have verified the poster has material to support their claims:

"Hey all, heard some info down the grapevine about upcoming Life is Strange games so I figured I'd share it with you folks.

First off, Life is Strange 3 is being developed right now by Deck Nine (devs of LiS: Before the Storm.) It's being developed on Unreal Engine 4 rather than Unity. It's a full-fledged 5-episode sequel. I've heard that it's been referred to as "Life is Strange: True Colors" in development, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the final title.

The game takes place in the US, but not in the Pacific Northwest (I don't remember where for sure, but it either takes place in the Midwest or the South.) The game will be a return to a grounded, small-town setting (similar to the first game.) The main character is an Asian-American woman named Alex. The main superpower this game revolves around is the ability to read minds. Different characters will have colors surrounding them representing their emotions (hence the name True Colors.)

Music is also a really heavy focus in this game, moreso than LiS 1.

The game should be announced pretty soon. Afaik it was supposed to be announced last year, but COVID-19 must've messed things up.

There is also another Life is Strange game that I've heard is in preproduction, although I'm not 100% sure about the details on this one as it's still a long ways off. It's supposed to be a direct sequel to the first game and it'll feature the same protagonists (Max/Chloe). I haven't heard about this in months so keep in mind it might be cancelled at this point.

As for other Life Is Strange news, Life is Strange 1 is being ported to the Switch. I'm not sure if the second one and BtS will be ported as well, but I'd imagine that they'd be doing that. The ports should be announced whenever LiS 3 is announced.

If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask!

Edit: Just wanted to emphasize that I'm not sure if the fourth Life is Strange game I mentioned would canonize any ending to the first game. I just know that if it exists, it involves Max and Chloe in some way. I also edited out some info I mentioned about a possible timeskip in the fourth game because I am not certain about that. "

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Seems like this might be similar to FFXV Pocket. Hopefully this means a Switch release down the line.

I'm surprised that SE isn't releasing the BR game on PC. BR games are popular in Japan and they even have 1 that's very popular there already, I'm guessing that SE wants to tap into that market and as it stands there is not really many other IPs that they have where they could do something like that and I guess that after the FFXV Comrades thing they just choose to have it be FF related.
Probably want to break into the mobile market first since the player base there is huge. Not sure how the market is in Japan for mobile BRs but I do know Apex is popular there on PC+Console so it might be tough breaking in. IIRC Apex is trying to release on mobile as well so it would be better for SE to prioritise mobile to take up some of that market before Apex drops.

Reactions: Li Kao and QFNS

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I did the right thing and slept through state of play
Be like me
Do the right thing next time

Anyways everybody knows that the only worthwhile events is the Microsoft ones~

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth and QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Seems like this might be similar to FFXV Pocket. Hopefully this means a Switch release down the line.

Probably want to break into the mobile market first since the player base there is huge. Not sure how the market is in Japan for mobile BRs but I do know Apex is popular there on PC+Console so it might be tough breaking in. IIRC Apex is trying to release on mobile as well so it would be better for SE to prioritise mobile to take up some of that market before Apex drops.
My bad I should have clarified some stuff up.

What I meant to say is that in general BR games are popular in Japan, in Japan there is even this one mobile only game that is very popular and even had cross promotions with various IPs like Evangelion and other popular anime stuff.

So it makes sense for SE to do that, but I also thought it would be weird not to release on PC where the genre is still popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.