Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
My buying plans for this year are pretty much already taken care of, since I backed WotR on Kickstarter and will get the key from there. Should BG3 release this year, I've got that covered as well since I bought the EA. Backed System Shock remake as well, so there's that. And Black Geyser Couriers of Darkness as well, which is scheduled for this year, but we'll see how that goes.

The only things I'll buy day one if they come out this year are Starfield and P5R port. Anything else can wait.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
How long has DA been in dev? Just "remove online stuff" isn't cutting it if the game design itself is already compromised by the thinking it'd have that at its core.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Schreier has done more PR work for EA in the past couple weeks than they've done in years lol.

I wonder if they are control leaking this stuff to him or are they pissed he is basically live tweeting their dev meetings.

Anyways I'm happy its not a service game. Bodes well for the next Mass Effect too.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
How long has DA been in dev? Just "remove online stuff" isn't cutting it if the game design itself is already compromised by the thinking it'd have that at its core.
It restarted development in 2018. By the sound of the early trailers the bulk of the work they have done so far is just story and environmental stuff.

The game is likely years out. Lots of time to overhaul gameplay plans.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I know it's not happening, but Bloodborne PS5/PC during State of Play would be very cool.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I know it's not happening, but Bloodborne PS5/PC during State of Play would be very cool.
I don't think we will get announcements so close to each other, Fanto. we just got Days Gone so I would guess the next one will take some time after the release of DG, probably heading to the summer or something like that.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Relax, Sony (and others:p) strategy is more about the ''long'' term.

Reactions: prudis

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Super late, but did anyone mention Uncharted Waters??? :blobeyes:

I played countless hours of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons through emulation back in the day! Loved it! Even if the graphics always glithed out after finishing a duel minigame! Had to save in game and restart the rom to reset the graphics.

It was freakishly good, and had great music. I especially remember the track that played when you encountered... I believe it was ruins? Where you had to send out expeditions on foot or something?

So many great memories!

AshenOne

Dec 22, 2018
I don't think we will get announcements so close to each other, Fanto. we just got Days Gone so I would guess the next one will take some time after the release of DG, probably heading to the summer or something like that.
We can always get a PS5 only trailer because if they do announce it tonight/today then it would release this summer max. for PS5.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
We can always get a PS5 only trailer because if they do announce it tonight/today then it would release this summer max. for PS5.
That for sure, I was merely talking about the PC side, but, to be honest, Ashen, I don't expect that much from this Sony Direct, mostly updates from June and some new content, we will see but my expectations are as low as zero and, the more I get, the better, same as Nintendo Direct, hehe.

Reactions: AshenOne

AshenOne

Dec 22, 2018
That for sure, I was merely talking about the PC side, but, to be honest, Ashen, I don't expect that much from this Sony Direct, mostly updates from June and some new content, we will see but my expectations are as low as zero and, the more I get, the better, same as Nintendo Direct, hehe.
Yeah i just see this SoP as an event that showcases new and already announced games that are set to release up till the summer. If BB remaster on PS5 is releasing this summer than we WILL see it there otherwise, nope! Thats my mindset.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Phew Cities Skylines gets complicated the bigger my city gets.
I've now unlocked a train station and have to bulldoze a ton of central buildings to lay some tracks.
Also i outlet my poop into the bay but there is no water current and so i've created a permanent poop lake. I've moved the outlets to a river but the poop remains. Ill have to put up some 'swim at your own risk' signs. Its like being back on Southend beach.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Phew Cities Skylines gets complicated the bigger my city gets.
I've now unlocked a train station and have to bulldoze a ton of central buildings to lay some tracks.
Also i outlet my poop into the bay but there is no water current and so i've created a permanent poop lake. I've moved the outlets to a river but the poop remains. Ill have to put up some 'swim at your own risk' signs. Its like being back on Southend beach.
yeah sounds about right for Cities Skylines :p

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Yo that's one good looking bundle.
The Vagrant is excellent, highly recommended. Tier 2 in general looks really good.
Already have Moonlighter, but I've been wanting Iconoclasts for a while now, and that 3€ extra for Tier 3 is quite cheaper than it's ever been in a sale.
I'll gladly buy moonlighter from you if you decide to sell it. 🙂
This is what I'm afraid of as well. Look what happened with Torchlight 3...

Reactions: Ascheroth

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Well, Outriders was disappointing. Pass.

To sum it up, it's a boring cover shooter with superpowers tacked on. The shooting is similar to Gears of War, which is not surprising since People Can Fly have worked on it in the past.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I tried Outriders. It's fun and decentm at least for the 30 min until it crashed.

Question is, will I use my time on a fun and decent tps when there's so many other great games out there waiting to be played?

Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Posting my screens from Outriders
Change the face or head to be able to get darker skin tones for that face

Game stutters on my GTX 970M 6 GB and i7-6700HQ CPU, which I should not be too surprised about when trying to play it in a mix of Medium and High settings. THough hopefully the final release will have better optimization

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Horizon was the test. It sold well and their fanboys didn't lose their shit. I expect the frequency of ports to increase significantly over the next 12-18 months.
Jim said it was the first one to release this year, so yes, more PSxclusives will come in 21.

Reactions: C-Dub

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Good news for DA, I really looked forward to seeing what follows Trespasser. Development hell and flaws or not, Inquisition had really good points.

I still resent that it had Denuvo and all the crap Bioware management and EA pulled over it, but there was a good game hidden under all that.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
What was the last good Bioware game? It's called being realistic.

I'd rather have no hopes and be surprised than having high hopes and be let down.
Mass Effect 3’s ending sucked but the game was still great. Inquisition had a good story and great characters but was bogged by being forced to use Frostbite instead of UE.

Both were acclaimed award winning titles not sure what ya’ll are expecting here \(ツ)/

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Horizon was the test. It sold well and their fanboys didn't lose their shit. I expect the frequency of ports to increase significantly over the next 12-18 months.
Jim Ryan said as much.
He was quoted to say that a "whole slate" of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring.
"There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction. "

There is obviously a meaty list of AAA SIE games in the pipeline for PC. I strongly doubt only Days Gone will actually release in 2021, Bloodborne could definitely come out this year along with God of War (October-November is my guess).

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
They've changed the day that choice is releasing on, so changing up their bundle days as well seems sensible IMO.

WHAT'S THE POINT OF THESE BYOB IF YOU DON'T EVEN OFFER THE BLOODY SEASON PASSES?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Posting my screens from Outriders
Change the face or head to be able to get darker skin tones for that face

Game stutters on my GTX 970M 6 GB and i7-6700HQ CPU, which I should not be too surprised about when trying to play it in a mix of Medium and High settings. THough hopefully the final release will have better optimization

Did you like it? :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:
Jim Ryan said as much.
He was quoted to say that a "whole slate" of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring.
"There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction. "

There is obviously a meaty list of AAA SIE games in the pipeline for PC. I strongly doubt only Days Gone will actually release in 2021, Bloodborne could definitely come out this year along with God of War (October-November is my guess).
A game each season (Spring-Summer-Autumn-Winter) would make their releases well organized and continued.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The State of Play Watchalong thread is now open. The chatroom for the State of Play Watch along thread should be open.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Mor Eh so far it feels bog standard? Shotgun is nice but until I upgrade, I don't think I'll get it anytime soon since it stutters on my lappy XP

• Hug
Reactions: Mor
Status
Not open for further replies.