Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Terraria dev got his a Google account restored. He will now release Terraria on Stadia.

If I were him I would still not release the game on Stadia since Google locked him out without no reason. But I guess he would be in legal troubles if he did not release the game

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I'm not against just updating the old app, which I already have, but it would be a shame if they at the same time ported it to e.g. Unity, because that would mean the old "runs on the Halo engine!" isn't true anymore. What they should've done is make a new app and give both to both new and old purchasers or something.
They're currently maintaining a separate depot so there's hope at least. ;)

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Terraria dev got his a Google account restored. He will now release Terraria on Stadia.

If I were him I would still not release the game on Stadia since Google locked him out without no reason. But I guess he would be in legal troubles if he did not release the game
Or maybe they paid them big bucks to have it on Stadia?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Figured it might be better to add the timer here. I did edit the OP with the date and time as well.

And as always whether it's your first time joining or it had been some time since you last joined there's no need to worry at all. We play pretty much everything and skill level is never a concern. The most important thing is that we have fun. So don't be afraid to speak up if a certain game isn't one you enjoy.

See you all tomorrow! :highfiveblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
With how cheap EA Play is and how high it's been on global sellers EA must ahve gotten hundreds of thousands of new subs.

However, pass from me, not interested in renting games.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
With how cheap EA Play is and how high it's been on global sellers EA must ahve gotten hundreds of thousands of new subs.

And fun fact, as it's a service, it won't be on the weekly chart nor the monthly chart.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I finally ordered all the little things I had to. Even less money now, PS5 is a pipe dream, but hey. Closed liter, Xbox controller, mum speakers... good.
With a new gamepad, it would even be logical to skip this PS5 nonsense and 'just' upgrade my 2060 super, but for curios sake I looked at retailers and, yeah, it's dead Jim :cold-sweat:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I finally ordered all the little things I had to. Even less money now, PS5 is a pipe dream, but hey. Closed liter, Xbox controller, mum speakers... good.
With a new gamepad, it would even be logical to skip this PS5 nonsense and 'just' upgrade my 2060 super, but for curios sake I looked at retailers and, yeah, it's dead Jim :cold-sweat:
Sorry, but what are you talking about? :p

• Toucan
Reactions: dummmyy and Li Kao

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Reading through these last few pages, it seems that some of you need to git gud.

If you do, let me know how it feels because I beat the souls games by overlevelling and summoning like a motherfucker. In Dark Souls 3 in particular I didn't beat a single boss myself. For the toughest bosses like Sister Something I had three other people beating the boss up while I basically watched.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Also, both have been reviewed by the following Youtube content creator. I wonder how he gets in contact with these games. :thinking:

fishing for collectors
Does that work? Should I pay $100 to Valve to go fishing as well? I believe that collectors want a "final sale" and should not fall for that trick.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
A reminder: You cannot, atm, upgrade the storage on PS5.
You have a 2060 Super? Man you got a better GPU than mine IMO and you can run games really well on it if your other parts are good. I think you're good for the foreseeable future til you could upgrade.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

AshenOne

Dec 22, 2018
I really want to get Deathloop day 1 but I don't want to use Bethesda account :/
Publishers want to get their hands on anything they can for profit/User counts. I would say that out of a lot of stuff they can put between you and the game, an account is the least worse deal imo.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Reading through these last few pages, it seems that some of you need to git gud.

If you do, let me know how it feels because I beat the souls games by overlevelling and summoning like a motherfucker. In Dark Souls 3 in particular I didn't beat a single boss myself. For the toughest bosses like Sister Something I had three other people beating the boss up while I basically watched.
This sounds a lot more fun and wholesome than my own experiences :).

Those sound pretty great QoL-wise, especially the litter :p. Though the 2060 super is one I feel envious of, I think you are set for a couple more years there.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL][/UWSL]

€0.89 to play Fallen Order, Unraveled, Sea of Solitude, NFS Heat and Titanfall 2 was a great deal for me.

Only drawback is that the games disappear from your Steam library when the subscription runs out. I have a "completed" category to keep track of the games I finished on Steam, and EA's games disappeared from this category as well.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
€0.89 to play Fallen Order, Unraveled, Sea of Solitude, NFS Heat and Titanfall 2 was a great deal for me.

Only drawback is that the games disappear from your Steam library when the subscription runs out. I have a "completed" category to keep track of the games I finished on Steam, and EA's games disappeared from this category as well.
I have a large amount of games Im eager to play and I wanna play them at my own pace, meaning sub services doesn't work well for me as I don't wanna force myself to play games, it dimishes my enjoyment of games. So I'd rather pay more to enjoy them when I want.

Kinda why I regret getting game pass ultimate until summer 2022 despite it was cheap.

Last edited:

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Just Cheat Engine the crap out of them. I disabled dragonrot that way for example.
I'm really sad I don't use cheats. I fear that it would just invert the issue and suck the pleasure out of the game. I hope I'm super wrong.
After playing a lot of Souls, I absolutely hated Sekiro at first. I still hate many things about it, despite having 200+h and 6 playthroughs, all Inner bosses unlocked, lots of boss mod before the last patch, etc. So I also love stuff about it, obviously. I am actually going to play some right now.

Anyway, the initial impression was so negative that I would not have picked it up again without Cheat Engine; I gave myself 3x the health and many times the skill points so I could see the environments, story etc. I completed my first playthrough like that. I liked what I saw enough to try again without cheats....

And then I found out that CE was actually malfunctioning and that some moves that one-shot me with CE even with tons of cheated health were actually not supposed to be one-shots, but that sometimes it amplified damage taken instead of reducing it. Insert Naked Gun facepalms gif here. So my second, legitimate playthrough was actually not all that hard. Still hard, though.

I recall that, like DS2, it took me over 50h of playtime to get comfortable with it and start having fun consistently.

TLDR: cheats worked for me as training wheels, for that specific game. YMMV.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope the Elden Ring store page appears shortly after the trailer next month so I can smash that wishlist button.

Reactions: yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I hope the Elden Ring store page appears shortly after the trailer next month so I can smash that wishlist button.
Can't wait to see the pc sales for it.

I'm expecting the peak to be somewhere between Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk.

Just hope its this year and covid doesn't mess up the port.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That CE malfunction sounds horrifying haha. What moves were those?

And I overall still enjoy Souls game to an extent. They do tickle a part of my brain that really thrives on beauty, on exploration and that feeling of just having to look at stuff, to navigate the environment and fight. I just think they have a lot of design elements that are misses compared to others. For instance, in Sekiro, most opponents that rely on the parry mechanics are just something out of this world once it clicks, once the rhythm sticks - the tedium of runs back notwithstanding.

On the other hand, you have things like bosses that are Souls bosses in essence, relying on HP rather than posture. In turn, they invite evasion in the middle of hyper-aggression rather than parrying, than that dance that feels so great to achieve. You also have truly bullshit things like the headless dudes and the mini-bosses that shoot purple energy at you that makes you love Japan until you die at the regret of all the anime you could've watched.

Lots of gimmicky mechanics just pissed me off more than did anything for me. And it's no wonder in my opinion. The parry mechanics are polished to a shine while those other designs didn't seem to have benefited from anywhere close to that same amount of care. When Sekiro released, From had been nearly shipping one game every year, there's no way cuts and compromises weren't made.

Basically, my thought on this design problem is that it's the same issue every other company has : when they go by the motions without actually asking design questions, when they don't have time to iterate, then the result is less than stellar. When they do, well, it's great.

Edit : typos, missing words and the wonders of tea.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't really understand why Sony moneyhatted FFXVI in the west. In Japan it's exclusive on console there (Xbox doesn't exist there and Switch can't run it).

In the west, it will barely sell on Xbox regardless and PC people will just wait (like me and Im even getting a PS5 when I can, but wont buy it on PS5).

Reactions: Lashley

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

I wonder, are cloud saves maintained? I assume they are, it would be silly if not, but it would be good to know for certain.

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
That CE malfunction sounds horrifying haha. What moves were those?
It's been a fair while, but I'll never forget the insta-death grabs by Guardian Ape. That was very consistent. That fight was definitely much harder with the cheats on (as I discovered in my second playthrough).

. For instance, in Sekiro, most opponents that rely on the parry mechanics are just something out of this world once it clicks, once the rhythm sticks - the tedium of runs back notwithstanding.
Of all the thinks I dislike about Sekiro, run backs are not one thing I remember noticing. It's about 10 seconds in almost all cases., Headless Ape (in the cave, with his mate) being maybe 30.

Minibosses with a posse are a pain, yes.

You can just be mobile and take them out while ignoring the miniboss, though.

On the other hand, you have things like bosses that are Souls bosses in essence, relying on HP rather than posture.
And that's one of the things I hate. The way they handled posture and HP.

Even human bosses have tons of HP. They had the right idea to introduce a second, regenerating resource, and before playing I imagined that would be the main thing against humans, tense blade dances with actual strikes on flesh being only the finishers. But no, even Granny takes 40 body hits with the "katana" to bring down. A free tracheotomy only makes her get serious.

Kusabimaru means "wet noodle" in Japanese, did you know that?

In the end, posture is just a tool for people who have already mastered the game and can maintain constant aggression to finish a boss quicker. A learning player will have to deplete most if not all of the HP anyway, long before posture comes into play.

The cost of Spirit Emblems makes sure you never use the tools (it increases significantly after each major boss kill, to punish you for progressing), except when you have to (eg. shields). Sure if you're Ongbal (Youtuber famous for his stylish boss videos) you can do pretty stylish stuff with them, but, it's not really more efficient.

XP handling is sheer trolling: halving, with a low chance of save that will, statistically, trigger almost only when you don't need it (because when you die repeatedly you don't have anything left to save, but the thing will trigger anyway to remind you of that time you had 90% of a level and it didn't) and you can't buy anything with XP before getting to a boss; you either grind or lose it. The souls system is superior in every way, IMO. Why change it?

Enemy placement is counterproductive. The general with a posse, just after the giant, shouldn't be that early in the game.

The elite monks in Senpou temple are deadlier than most bosses alone, and you first encounter two at a time with a posse, and then three. The only good place to fight one of them alone, is after you're past them all. Actually engaging them before that is objectively a tactical mistake, with the bonfires just after each group. And there is no way you don't die if you do. Why? Why? You have a superb, challenging mob. Would be a great challenge if there was just one in a few strategic locations.

So many things in Sekiro that make me ask "why ?". Why did you do it that way?

Could rant more, but that's the gist of it. Hope Elden Ring is more balanced.

OR GIFVE US BLOOIDBORNE PC I NEED IT NOXWWWWSWW qsdkjnqjklsdbjkqs. deep breathing. I mean, if that's alright with you Sony.? Take your time.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
A reminder: You cannot, atm, upgrade the storage on PS5.
You have a 2060 Super? Man you got a better GPU than mine IMO and you can run games really well on it if your other parts are good. I think you're good for the foreseeable future til you could upgrade.
This sounds a lot more fun and wholesome than my own experiences :).
Those sound pretty great QoL-wise, especially the litter :p. Though the 2060 super is one I feel envious of, I think you are set for a couple more years there.
Yeah I'm not badly set up there, I would like to run 1440p/60 with medium RTX though and that's doesn't seem like a good idea with the 2060 super.

Though now that I will have a working pad, I will have more motivation to play and do concessions anyway. Not that the DS4 doesn't work, but with the USB false contact I can't play wired and have to put it in a very specific position for it to charge. That doesn't scream 'play controller games'.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I've been playing through the Yakuza games (order: Y0, Y:LAD, Kiwami 1*, Kiwami 2).

*Kiwami 1 sucked. I rushed through the main storyline because most sub stories were atrociously bad (mostly variations of the following: scams, pickpockets and meeting generally unpleasant fellas of the "watchu lookin' at fool? imma piledrive you into the ground!!!" variety).

Anyway... is it me or Kiwami 2's map looks better than LAD's? Barring the obnoxiousness of the lens flares (JJ Abrams would be proud), the textures are more detailed and the lighting is way more dynamic (like when you pick up a light-emitting object and you swing it around).

• This!
Reactions: QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.