Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So it seems I missed that Werewolf: Earthblood actually came out on Steam. Anyone here actually try it? I really wanted to give it a go, but the reviews on the Epic version soured me and I didn't realize it's 'scloozy period had ended

The eurogamer review makes seems approachable, but deep to a fault. Might be the first Total War title I play since Shogun2
I got Shogun 2 for free with a CPU purchase back in 2012. Tried the tutorial and then never touched the game again.

I should maybe try it again! 😁

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Ok who's gonna be the brave comrade that tests out KOF XV? Deluxe version is outtttt

Edit: wait not on PC? Fuck offff I just bought it.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Just read the Total Warhammer review over at RPS. Leads me to a thought.

In three or four years time, when all the DLC/Mortal Realms/and other updates they do, and they finally say that is it we are moving on to 40K/Age of Sigmar. Will people do a final review. The game will be so very different from it was when it first released or even now. All I can say it will be one hell of a complete edition and I think they would be justified in calling it a Game of the Decade edition.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Preorders available now. Love all their books no matter the subject and the first run usually sells out quickly.

&

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

Preorders available now. Love all their books no matter the subject and the first run usually sells out quickly.
Ta for the reminder. I knew it was today but I also forgot so I am seriously grateful for your post :)

Looking forward to it

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
We should bet when Horizon Forbidden West will come to PC XD
Sony has been so erratic with announcements its hard to tell, but considering the game was already listed as coming before the console version was even out makes me think it won't take much longer than a year or so.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Currently playing Witcher 3
I have these mods installed

Are there any other mods I should install?
These are what I had at least of the top of my head.

Remove Screen Water Droplets Effect Also No Mud Screen from this one.

• Eyes

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
did someone post about the "Friendship Games Week" already?

Imagine having friends.

:crying-face:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I've realized I'm only playing Dying Light 2 now because of co-op. There's no way I would have continued it if it was single player. I generally like to think I have some tolerance for bugs and jank but only if the game in question has any sort of ambition in it's design. Dying Light 2 has none at all. There are a few things it does different from the first one and none of them are better. It is undeniably a worse game than the first one.

Had to turn in a quest and the quest giver was chilling out like this. Couldn't finish it until I quit the game and restarted it.

Dumb shit like this happens every few minutes in this game.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'm realizing, when I was asking for a version of whatever DLDSR uses for downsampling in any game, that could be used for upsampling. Not with the same kind of crazy quality that you get with DLSS, but at least better than bilinear.

Apparently, this does exist! But only for Nvidia's Shield streaming boxes. Hm.

Side note, now I'm kinda thinking of getting one so I don't have to use my laptop for Steam Link stuff, along with having a better option for Netflix. Anyone here have experience with them?

• Eyes

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Jesus, the 3070ti was launched at 600 something euros. They are available for 1200 now.
I will never play Cyberpunk :confounded-face:
Yep...I picked up a 3060ti last week for my new build and paid double. Absolutely sucks all to hell but dammit I decided not wait any longer and retire my 970

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
We should bet when Horizon Forbidden West will come to PC XD
I wonder if Sony wanted to release it simultaneously with PS4/5 but couldn't because most likely Guerilla and Nixxes need more time to work on the port. This is just me speculating of course. My guess is it will release before the end of this year maybe sometime in the fall or winter.

• Eyes

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

An important message from the Cities: Skylines team,

We have an amazing modding community and greatly appreciate the dedication and helpful nature that’s been at the center of it for 7 years. Recently, there have been concerns in the community about reports of malware on the Steam workshop, which we want to address.

We recently banned a few mods from the Cities: Skylines Workshop and want to clear up some of the misinformation surrounding these mods. The mods in question, which have been banned, are “Network Extensions 3” and “Update from Github.”

No keyloggers, viruses, bitcoin mining software, or similar has been found in mods on the Steam Workshop.

“Network Extensions 3”, the mod alleged to contain malware, was banned due to discriminating against specific Steam users. First, it blocked a short list of Steam users from using the mod, but this was later changed to cause what appeared to be buggy gameplay. Blocking users or creating specific restrictions for them violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement and such resulted in the mod being banned.

The mod “Update from Github” was removed shortly after appearing on the Workshop. This mod was designed to check for and install updates to mods directly from Github, making changes to existing Workshop subscriptions without the user's knowledge. This bypasses the Workshop entirely, and to avoid potential abuse (such as downloading malicious software) the mod has been removed.

“Harmony (Redesigned)” has been mentioned in this context, however, the mod has not been updated since March 15th, 2021. Further updates to this workshop item are not possible as the account is banned and contributors are unable to update workshop items.

In short:

• No keyloggers, viruses, bitcoin mining software, or similar has been found in mods on the Steam Workshop.
  • The mod “Network Extensions 3” was banned due to a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
  • The mod “Update from Github” was removed as a potential risk, and only affected ~50 users.
  • The “Harmony (Redesigned)” mod available on the Steam Workshop has not been found to contain the code to automatically update mods outside the Workshop.

If you come across any concerning mods, reuploads of banned mods, or mods containing the same/similar code, please report them using the report button on their workshop page.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
I wonder if Sony wanted to release it simultaneously with PS4/5 but couldn't because most likely Guerilla and Nixxes need more time to work on the port. This is just me speculating of course. My guess is it will release before the end of this year maybe sometime in the fall or winter.
No chance they planned a day 1 PC port

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea I'm not buying Sony releasing FW so fast on PC.

They haven't done Demon Souls or any other new thing since PS5 released. I don't see them rushing with FW just yet even if its ready in the pipeline.

Nvidia leaks had Returnal, Ratchet and Tsushima I believe. Those are probably next along with Uncharted collection and that bunch will take at least 2 years with how slow Sony is. So if HorizonFW comes it will be after 2024.

Also just 10 more days until Elden Ring :heroblob:

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.