Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Anyone playing Lost Ark want to throw out what server they're on? I doubt if we can play together anyway, since it sounds like F2P players are going to be banished to separate servers at launch. Worth a try, though .... ?
Don't know if there'll be more servers but I read the new EU one will be Beatrice, so I'll probably have to go there

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Anyone playing Lost Ark want to throw out what server they're on? I doubt if we can play together anyway, since it sounds like F2P players are going to be banished to separate servers at launch. Worth a try, though .... ?
From what I've heard everything except the open-world activitities and guilds are cross-server anyway, so it should be possible to play together within the same region at least.
For me it will also heavily depend on how busy a server, I'd like to avoid high population servers and actually play instead of looking at a queue if possible :p
Don't know if there'll be more servers but I read the new EU one will be Beatrice, so I'll probably have to go there
They added 6 more EU servers in this maintenance other than Beatrice:
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/support/server-status

I'll probably try and go to Brelshaza, simply because I like the name the most from the batch, lol.
(Unless it's gonna be super busy)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's a topic on Lost Ark subreddit at the moment as many EN speaking players have ended up on Spanish or French majority servers and are looking to move. Beatrice is the main preference but is also going to be big for SP&FR too so i'd probably avoid it. I've been considering Sirius or Spectrum.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It's a topic on Lost Ark subreddit at the moment as many EN speaking players have ended up on Spanish or French majority servers and are looking to move. Beatrice is the main preference but is also going to be big for SP&FR too so i'd probably avoid it. I've been considering Sirius or Spectrum.

I'll be honest, I think reddit consensus isn't gonna matter much in the long run and every server is gonna be primarily English with a bunch of everything else thrown into the mix.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'll be honest, I think reddit consensus isn't gonna matter much in the long run and every server is gonna be primarily English with a bunch of everything else thrown into the mix.
Sure, i was just pointing out that it's being discussed at the moment. I'm sure most EU servers will end up primarily EN but there does seem to be a scandanavian server, and DE/SP & FR servers at the moment.

A couple of Polls have said that EN people were considering Beatrice but DE players said the same and had 10x the votes which is why i'm leaning towards Sirius or Spectrum. Dunno, i'm still downloading and have a while to go yet.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
OK, so real talk friends (because you are the only ones I trust on this):

How bad is the 2K launcher? I've been avoiding XCOM 2 DLC and Chimera Squad like the plague because of it and it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the XCOM Collection bundle on Steam.

• Eyes

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I also fired up the Saturn version and saw that enemy and prop placement is very different here. There's no enemy at the very first door and only one spider in the next room on Saturn. There are also no bomb props in that room by the elevator. Also different enemy placement (on normal so presumably meant to be as on console) in the second level (Karnak) where on Saturn there are spiders and eagles early on and also no need for a key for the first exit where here on PC you need a key you find after the first switch and there are more Set type enemies and no eagles. So I guess things like that are from the PlayStation? But their layout and geometry thankfully seems to be like the Saturn (again, yay). There are hopefully no jarring differences in terms of keys and routes that don't feel as natural since they do differ.
There are also additions that are from neither the Saturn nor the PS version, like more lava waterfalls to make levels like Set Palace less drab/enclosed by something more than plain flat walls. So maybe some of the above differences to the Saturn version aren't from PS either, I dunno. Karnak Sanctuary's entrance is like a combination of both the Saturn's more open space and the PlayStation's decorations with pillars and what not instead of the blue/green pyramid shape on Saturn. Since I played the Saturn version a while ago and EX a bit more recently it's hard to tell, they all blend. Here it's PlayStation -> Saturn -> Remaster:

Digital Foundry Retro should do a new video on it since they delved pretty deep into the level design differences between the Saturn and PlayStation versions previously so they could shed some light on exactly what elements from each version were taken and what stuff are brand new in Powerslave Exhumed. Or the developer could just come out and say levels x y z are from Saturn with this or that part changed to be more like the PS or brand new because of this or that reason, levels u v w are from the PlayStation for reasons with this or that thing from Saturn/new and so on and so forth, I wanna know, eventually...

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
On Powerslave, I definitely need someone to explain how you combine the Saturn and Playstation versions. Weren't they on different engines or something? With different levels and so on.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
OH MY GOD!

Battle Brothers is getting a new DLC from the looks of it and it's a Inquisitor/Heretic based one
They had a sort of puzzle with multiple images to piece together and I pieced them back together before realized their discord already did it Lol

Their discord already made this:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've bought Mortal Kombat 11 for €9.99 last night and I want to upgrade it to the Ultimate Edition. The UE bundle on Steam costs €17.99 and also contains the base game, but for some reason I'm still being charged the full price. Is this a bug with Steam's self-adjusting bundles or has the publisher excluded the base game for this feature?

• Eyes

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I've bought Mortal Kombat 11 for €9.99 last night and I want to upgrade it to the Ultimate Edition. The UE bundle on Steam costs €17.99 and also contains the base game, but for some reason I'm still being charged the full price. Is this a bug with Steam's self-adjusting bundles or has the publisher excluded the base game for this feature?
It's not a complete your collection bundle, that's why you are getting full price
This is the one you want if you want everything from the Ultimate edition without the base game

But I suggest that you refund the base game if you are exigible to, instead of paying more for same stuff

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I can think of the big ego modders doing similar with Minecraft, Skyrim and another game i actually forgot while typing this lol.
It's crazy the drama some of these people cause even if their work is amazing. Luckily the previous ones i mentioned didn't have back-doors to possibly malicious exploitable code.

edit: oh, i think one of the big Skyrim sexy mods caused some community drama and was the one i'd forgotten.

• Eyes

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Boi has amazon fucked up even Lost Ark launch?
Servers came back at 23:15, 5 hours later than the scheduled launch, but old characters were missing :ripblob:
Offline again until further notice

• Eyes

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Lmao people were losing their shit at the 12 GB RAM for Elden Ring. I suspect they posted the recommended specs for minimum there.

Still hoping there's some DLSS or other goodies at the top end, but not holding my breath. It's probably gonna run on like a 970 on the low end.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh, i was just about to check if Lost Ark was back and i was good to give it a go.

But also, EdwardTivrusky , Kal1m3r0 , xinek and whoever else will try and play this on EU servers, tell we where you end up going in case you play before me and I'll follow :p
Same. Anyone from Ark-Meta picked an EU server yet or have an idea where they'll choose?
I think it only really matters for Guild stuff as i've heard you can do cross-server meetups but i don't know if that's within a region or global.
Probably within servers on a region.

• Eyes

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
servers are back up and characters that "were not missing" have been fixed and not missing anymore...if that even makes sense

• Evil
Status
Not open for further replies.