Community MetaSteam | February 2023 - A 90's dystopian adventure in the digiworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
If you like anything vaguely detective-y this game is pretty awesome in the steam nextfest

You can make your own like clue board in game and and everything with the strings and yeah. Whoever made/making the game saw every detective/murder mystery show and basically put that into the game as a mechanic for that

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Anybody playing FFXIV with Gshade, delete that shit ASAP. Dev is turned out to be a total cunt and has essentially stooped to placing malware on your machine to execute remote shutdowns.

There is a guide out there to convert from Gshade to ReShade proper, let me know if you need help and I'll do my best!!
Yeah, had been reading about this. I hadn’t long installed it either. Will uninstall tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: 「Echo」

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Anybody playing FFXIV with Gshade, delete that shit ASAP. Dev is turned out to be a total cunt and has essentially stooped to placing malware on your machine to execute remote shutdowns.

There is a guide out there to convert from Gshade to ReShade proper, let me know if you need help and I'll do my best!!
I feel like I’m missing something. Is there any reason why they’d want to remote shut down someone’s PC?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I feel like I’m missing something. Is there any reason why they’d want to remote shut down someone’s PC?
Beef with people who insult them on the Steam forums? The PC modding community can be incredibly toxic and plain weird.

Reactions: lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Apparently another mod hooked into Gshade. They weren’t happy with this, so made it so your machine shut down if you had both mods running.

I suppose there where warning signs. In a previous spat they did several updates with no changes because people where complaining that there had been too many updates in quick succession.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
The story goes like this:

GShade - a closed source fork of Reshade - had an extremely annoying forced update system that would make it simply stop working if it detected an update was avaiable - this system existed because the dev is an asshole and didn't want to tell people to update if their stuff stopped working because some GShade presets had fucking DRM and would not work without connecting to their API - and you'd only know that when it booted the game. A teenage girl made a fork of it that circumvented that because it was fucking shit. In response the dev threw a hissy fit and added malware code to GShade that would shut down your computer if it detected the update bypass running, saying bullshit like it was "meant to protect users from possible malicious third party code" and "could have done something worse" (extra lol on this one)

Everyone proceeded to tell him to fuck off, he removed the reboot code but kept code that would shut down GShade if it detected the fork while writing some bullshit copyright for GShade presets. Everyone proceeded to tell him to fuck off part deux and now everyone migrates back to Reshade.

Bonus: Github nuked GShade because of this and anyone that still had it installed can't use it anymore because it used Github as DRM, while people who use the bypass can :wd_topnep:

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Beef with people who insult them on the Steam forums? The PC modding community can be incredibly toxic and plain weird.
Apparently another mod hooked into Gshade. They weren’t happy with this, so made it so your machine shut down if you had both mods running.

I suppose there where warning signs. In a previous spat they did several updates with no changes because people where complaining that there had been too many updates in quick succession.
The story goes like this:

GShade - a closed source fork of Reshade - had an extremely annoying forced update system that would make it simply stop working if it detected an update was avaiable - this system existed because the dev is an asshole and didn't want to tell people to update if their stuff stopped working because some GShade presets had fucking DRM and would not work without connecting to their API - and you'd only know that when it booted the game. A teenage girl made a fork of it that circumvented that because it was fucking shit. In response the dev threw a hissy fit and added malware code to GShade that would shut down your computer if it detected the update bypass running, saying bullshit like it was "meant to protect users from possible malicious third party code" and "could have done something worse" (extra lol on this one)

Everyone proceeded to tell him to fuck off, he removed the reboot code but kept code that would shut down GShade if it detected the fork while writing some bullshit copyright for GShade presets. Everyone proceeded to tell him to fuck off part deux and now everyone migrates back to Reshade.

Bonus: Github nuked GShade because of this and anyone that still had it installed can't use it anymore because it used Github as DRM, while people who use the bypass can :wd_topnep:
Absolute clown shoes moment for the dev there.

Get in the fuckin’ sea.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
If anyone has an extra Thronebreaker from humble, you can throw it my way. :phil:
I gotchu. I'll send you a gift link via PM. :D

Edit: Sorry, turns out I redeemed Thronebreaker earlier, for some reason. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat: I, uh, dont gotchu after all.

That said, youre welcome to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and/or Scourgebringer if you want them! :blobcheer:

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea that choice was very meh skip for me.

I do kind of want a steam key for 76. I got the Win10 version from Prime giveaway and still haven't launched it.

The Pitt expansion is what I want to try the most as I loved the DLC in Fallout 3 but wtvr. Got no time for fucking mmos these days.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I gotchu. I'll send you a gift link via PM. :D

Edit: Sorry, turns out I redeemed Thronebreaker earlier, for some reason. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat: I, uh, dont gotchu after all.

That said, youre welcome to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and/or Scourgebringer if you want them! :blobcheer:
:toucan:
Haha, that's alright.
Thanks for the other offers but Thronebreaker was the only one I really wanted. :cat-heart-blob:

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I mean they were technically charging 60$ for 2-3 pokemons with those separate releases of Pokémon games, so charging 70# for Switch game is nothing. People will still buy it.
Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, Nintendo charging 70 for their shit, most of all their flagship shit, is a no-brainer.

I mean, they have the franchise, the brand power, unlike EA asking for god knows how much for the last NFS and coming back two months later with a 40% discount and their tail between their legs.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The thread in the other place talking about 70$ games is making me realize how fucked up my hoarding is (admittedly not at that ridiculous price point). And to top it all I am yet again with games that I started and so many ones that I want to play... but can't launch one for the life of me.

Not pleasant :disapproval-blob:

Last edited:

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
My advice to everyone would be to generally stop right there.
Don't run closed source mods.
100%. I think a lot of people fall into the trap of thinking they aren't a developer so open vs closed source shouldn't matter to them without realizing that open source means people who DO understand it can vet it and spread the word of malicious intentions (or debunk false claims).

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Of course one of the two games I bought on Switch last year gets a totally out of the blue PC port...
The game is great btw, but hard. Very hard. And stupid. To get access to Easy Mode you have to grind coins in Normal Mode, so you are gonna see the first stages... quite often.

• Blobxorcism
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I have seen lots of arguments about how gaming is the cheapest it has ever been (with all the inflation adjustments and whatever else) however I have yet to come across a single game that justifies me paying £60/€70/$70 upfront. Nothing from Sony/MS/Nintendo or whoever else.

And that doesn't take into account all the bollocks around regional pricing either.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Finally managed to clone my 256 SD card to larger 512 SD
The first process is pretty easy following this method:
sudo dd if=/dev/$OLDCARDNAME of=/dev/$NEWCARDNAME status=progress bs=100M

but well once is cloned the issues starts
It only recognizes the old size. And doesn't let you expand the full SD card capacity on KDE Partition Manager.
I found on google it was a common issue for many people
People was saying to use gpart boot ISO. Well I tried but the problem is boot that iso on deck it's not practical. And as you can read on that site seems neither works xD
Trying different things I crashed boot Deck system so I had to use official recovery ISO (lol)

Then I finally found a very simple method I hope be helpful for some people.
If you go to your windows PC, connect your SD and use Disk Management to create a new Partition and once it's created, delete it and go back to your Steam Deck.
KDE Partition Manager recognize the whole SD capacity and lets you resize the cloned one to the maximun size.
In summary, if you have this problem, go to Windows, create a simple partition, delete it, go back to Steam Deck, use KDE Partition Manager, and resize it.
Time to fill it with ROMs and VNs ^^.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have seen lots of arguments about how gaming is the cheapest it has ever been (with all the inflation adjustments and whatever else) however I have yet to come across a single game that justifies me paying £60/€70/$70 upfront. Nothing from Sony/MS/Nintendo or whoever else.

And that doesn't take into account all the bollocks around regional pricing either.
Even then, it's unacceptable that Nintendo wants 70 bucks for a game that will barely hold 720p/30fps in 2023. When the competition is offering games with insane production quality.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

It always annoys me when people bring up inflation or cartridge prices from the mid 90s as if that somehow justifies game prices going up now. 90s kids would get a couple of games per year from their parents and you had to use blockbuster to get more because they were that goddamn expensive. People these days are buying 5+ games a month sometimes, it's nowhere near comparable to the 90s. Then you have all the extra ways publishers squeeze us like dlc, mtx, season passes etc that didn't exist back then, you know...the stuff that has led to record profits for EVERY game company in the last decade.

Nintendo doing this really takes the cake though. Outside of zelda none of their games remotely come close budget wise to the average AAA game. A large portion of their games shouldn't even be $60 let alone $70. I'm talking the mario sports games that have like 3 hours of content, most if not all of their platformer games (yoshi, kirby etc), the wii u ports that had no work put into them, mario party with its 3 or 4 boards it launched with, their time limited packs like the 3D mario collection that were essentially just ROMs thrown into a cartridge. It's very rare that I buy a switch game and walk away feeling like I got good value out of it and considering they never drop in price it's just added insult to injury.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Well selling 1M copies 40 years ago was considered amazing success, today indie games sell that many copies. And remember 40 years ago sales were all physical so publishers and developers got way less money than 70% they get these days from digital sales. And that is all without MTX, Season Passes, Battle Passes and various other monetization schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.