Community MetaSteam | February 2023 - A 90's dystopian adventure in the digiworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My plate is packed so even if the Steam reviews are good, Im still not getting HP game yet, reason I write "HP game" is because it's easier that "Hogwart's Legacy" if anyone was curious.

Still, such a shame with JK being such a bigoted transphobic piece of shit.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Kinda spoiler for HL but relevant to talks around it if you don't mind spoilers.

(don't know anything about the character but this is my thought about it):

• included to make some people not feel bad for buying the game of a Transphobe
  • ***only available in certain western countries, probably not included in releases in china, middle east, etc.
  • probably completely irrelevant for the story and gameplay
  • the biggest issue the game has, its is antisemitism, that hasn't changed.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I am cautious towards DD2, DD1 was one of my favorite games. DD2 looks to have focused less on what I liked about DD1. It feels like after that first week of streamers playing, no one really talks about DD2 and some actually went back to DD1.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Finally sold that house on Friday. We were traveling by car on holiday when the auction was ending so it was a relief watching the bids start and then fun watching bidders fight over it for a while. So very happy that its off my mind now, I didn't realise how stressed out I was over it until it sold.

I got some final emptying out of my 1980s era gaming shed to do now. Many many cassettes and big box Amiga games etc.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Started playing

And it's Spongebob alright.
I liked the remake, this one is the same but much more polished (reviewers didn't like that it seems, I guess two games in twenty years is too much, the latest Fifa needs 85 tho :thinking-blob: ).

The levels feel much more linear however, the first one had surprisingly good level design, vertical and interconnected, this one is more of a comedic adventure platformer.
Not so sure about that.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
How long has this been exclusive? Game was released in september 2021, almost 1.5 years ago ! KH next?
In this case, I think SEGA opted to wait past the 1 year exclusivity to not release it too close to Frontiers, I guess?

Squeenix is different, they're not afraid to have their games canibalize the sales of each other, as seen in their releases since September. The lack of KH on Steam could either be from a longer exclusivity period (2 years?), or maybe because of Disney? Dunno.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Where the Humble choice leaks at? :thinking-face:

I am cautious towards DD2, DD1 was one of my favorite games. DD2 looks to have focused less on what I liked about DD1. It feels like after that first week of streamers playing, no one really talks about DD2 and some actually went back to DD1.
Waiting to see if Miss Nina Kosaka picks it back up and previews it for us. Her DD1 stuff was really great and insightful. I trust her opinion on DD2 if she'll try it.

• Comfy
Reactions: ExistentialThought

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Will this give me epilepsy
I think most of the major issues were fixed, though the Switch version was the one most affected.

Personally I'm planning on using a few mods though, if they work with the Steam version that is:
  • Improved lighting - I don't like the remaster's lighting and the excessive bloom, hopefully this mod will be an improvement overall.
  • Sonic model and animation fixes - mostly fixes and/or adds animations at the start of stages, the remaster is missing animations that the wii version had.
  • Remix swap - the remaster includes both remixed music and the original wii music, and each zone has 6 stages and 3 themes, this mod makes it so the initial stages of each zones have the original themes while the later stages have the remixed themes.
    Same for bosses, other than the final zone/boss, there's 6 bosses and 3 boss themes, this mod makes it so the initial bosses use the original tracks and the later bosses use the remixed tracks.
  • Gameplay & UI Fixes - misc gameplay and UI fixes, and it restores the original game's lives system instead of the Tails rescue system from the remaster, though this could be the most likely mod to not work in the Steam version?

Oh, yeah, Sonic Colors has a pretty greedy DLC, while the deluxe edition is not much more expensive than the base game, it's still a pretty bad practice, pretty much SEGA cut the remixes from one of the zones and made these a DLC/part of the deluxe edition (Planet Wisp remixes)...

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
RIP Midnight Suns

Your life was short and beautiful...

anyways now the Firaxis Family can focus on the good child again, XCOM 3 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I wonder if just a smaller than normal team worked on Midnight Suns, working on that instead of Civ 7 or Xcom 3 seemed like a mistake to me.

• This!
Reactions: Joe Spangle

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I wonder if just a smaller than normal team worked on Midnight Suns, working on that instead of Civ 7 or Xcom 3 seemed like a mistake to me.
I dont think the game had anything close to a smaller team
(it definitely was a mistake tho, 15K players for Midnight Suns at launch vs 125K for XCOM2)

Yeah, it's Tsuyu from MHA. It was a gift from my best friend :D
A gift huh? I'll believe you :HappyKawakami:

for now :Merkel:

• Toucan
Reactions: NarohDethan

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I tried to tell people on discord no one was going to pay $60 (70 on console) for a card game. A lot of people are under the assumption that marvel will sell just because it's marvel but in gaming that's not really true. It seems like everything besides spiderman bombed in recent years, regardless if it was good or not (RIP guardians of the galaxy).

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
For anyone looking at Yggdra Union, the port is pretty raw. No exit button. No resolution options. Can rebind keyboard keys, but not controller keys (and it seems you're actually just binding keyboard keys to controller keys).

That said, it seems to run great on Deck, so I'm satisfied. :coffee-blob:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Midnight Suns is such a batshit insane comic thing, there's no way it could have ever done the sort of numbers an Avengers-type thing could sell.

It has Spiderman in it, but it isn't going to do Spiderman numbers.
I contest that it isn't a puzzle game, though there is a lot of puzzling out the best sorts of moves. Its a tactics game. It has elements of turn based tactics games like Into the Breach and stuff like FFT/Fire Emblem where you have a small set of options for each character every turn. There are lots of things you can customize (eventually) about each character.

Positioning and economy of moves are very important. Picking your actions from a limited set of options (cards) is just a wrinkle on top of the each character can do X things formula. Using cards for that metaphor is a fine choice. I dunno if I think its the best possible thing they could have done flavor wise (since the story involves demons and magic and shit they could have invented anything they want). But it gets the job done and gives you interesting choices each turn.

I also wholeheartedly recommend turning up the difficulty in the game. As you start unlocking harder difficulty levels, you should almost always use them unless you are barely scraping by every mission. The game gets WAY too easy if you don't IMO. But if you do the challenge stays strong all the way through which is pretty unusual for these sorts of games. I will say some of the heroes just don't work well with each other and you can get really messed up by bring a bad group to a tough fight, but I've yet to find anything impossible with some reloads after defeats and employing new tactics.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
billbil-kun leaked the headliners for the Humble Choice:

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Fallout 76
Not bad, will depend on the side games. I mean in theory the first one is enough for me to bite, but it has and will be cheap again, and the two others, while certainly solid, never interested me enough to be real temptations.

-

Uh, SteamDeckHQ description of Mineko‘s Night Market was quite a ride. I hope there is some grammatical dubiousness at play here.

’Mineko’s Night Market is a narrative-driven, social simulation adventure game that celebrates Japanese culture while encouraging players to craft, eat, and ultimately enjoy all the cats.’

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The demo for Ravenbound, some sort of 3d action rogue lite was amazing, one of a kind.
Super slow loading on a black screen, doesn't detect res on startup so displays over 1/4 of my screen, it's apparently always online and requires you to make an account to play . the . demo.

It is going super well on the steam forum and yeah, it was a record breaker uninstall for me. Eat shit.

• Toucan
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman and QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I'll probably pass on that Humble even though I'd really love Wrath of the Righteous, I ain't gonna have time to play that and I already played Thronebreaker (it has cards so obviously I played it).

And 76....lmao no.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I spotted Steam Deck in Fate/Grand Order's 8th user survey. They're asking which platforms you own and where you buy your games.

I think Steam's been listed even in previous years but EGS and Gamepass might be new.
In case anyone forgot, Yoshinori Ono of Capcom fame is Lasengle's (formerly Delightworks) President nowadays and he has a blog on their website where he posts once a month about some random game he's been playing recently.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Would be awesome kind of fate-go arcade port for modern consoles and pc

I doubt it will ever happen but dream is free.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekeats1999

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I have PS5 next to PC monitor too XD
Everything on my desk is black, literally everything and then there is this huge, white monolith. That's why I keep this ugly piece of machinery under the desk.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
:thinking-face: (I'll test it on my Steam Deck later this afternoon).
It doesn't work on Steam Deck. I had to switch to Proton GE to have the videos properly show up and the controls didn't work and I couldn't be bothered to make a configuration. I'm kind of disappointed but not too surprised since Red Hook probably hasn't had time to fix that kind of stuff for the Deck.

I also tried Wandering Sword on the Deck and it looks gorgeous and seems like the gameplay will be fun, but once again there's no controller configuration so I had to stumble around for the 20 minutes or so I played it. I checked the Steam forums and it looks like the devs will eventually add controller support in the future so I have my fingers crossed.

Reactions: ExistentialThought
Status
Not open for further replies.