Community MetaSteam | February 2023 - A 90's dystopian adventure in the digiworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Thank you Koei for the Wo Long demo. This is parry the game, I don't do well with parry. Next.
And uh, yeah I had stutters, nothing game breaking to me, but ymmv.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Ahh! I've been alerted! :fearful-face:

Also someone needs to check the Pudding Mess server more often. :disapproval-blob:

Haha I'll second what Arsene said, Rise is really good. While it still lacks a little of what makes World great or challenging, the traversal and speed of Rise thanks to the wirebugs and palamutes are game changers. The switch skill stuff is cool too, allowing you to tailor a weapon to your playstyle a little better or give you options depending on the monster you're hunting.

And I'm loving Wild Hearts quite a bit so far. It's janky and needs some patching for sure, but it does enough unique things to separate it from MH while still feeling a little familiar.

• Toucan
  • Love
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I mean, just showing that it's fully CPU limited on a given machine doesn't prove that it would run a lot better without Denuvo. Maybe the game is just doing something incredibly taxing on the CPU in that scene? You'd need a version of the game without Denuvo to make meaningful statements, otherwise it's just guesswork.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Wouldn't be surprised if Xbox series S's low and slow memory was the issue holding up the Xbox release. Must be right pain in the ass in a game like BG3 with its amount of content and co-op shenanigans.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I actually refunded sons of the forest. It may be cheap here but it's just another survival crafting game.

Plus even with motion blur off, moving the camera - especially panning - made it feel like it's back on and x100.

• Sad
Reactions: sk2k and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm honestly surprised that a sequel to The Forest is drawing that many users. Was the first game that appreciated? I always saw it as something that spent a really long time in the early access phase and cashed in a bit on the survival craze, but with more focus on nice graphics.
One thing that made the first one stand out in a sea of survival co-op games is that it had VR support. That's the reason I played it at least. (But doesn't apply to the sequel)

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Let's gooooooooooooooo
Damn that is crazy if true. If they aren't waiting until summer then it has to be a summer release right?

But Redfall is in May so wtf.

Big AAA games don't usually release in June/July so maybe they do a September release. Or maybe this showcase will just be some small specific thing to show off like ship/outpost building info and then they announce the real showcase for the summer.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Damn that is crazy if true. If they aren't waiting until summer then it has to be a summer release right?

But Redfall is in May so wtf.

Big AAA games don't usually release in June/July so maybe they do a September release. Or maybe this showcase will just be some small specific thing to show off like ship/outpost building info and then they announce the real showcase for the summer.
Jez said it might release in June. If this is true, May and June will be crazy because two of the most anticipated open world games (Zelda and Starfield, 3 if you count Redfall) are releasing one after another.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
They should release Killzone franchise on PC. Unpopular opinion: It’s so much better franchise than Horizon. : P.
I even ejoyed Shadow Fall.
I think so too tbh. And that's saying something, because KZ3 and Shadowfall SUCKED ASS story/character wise.
But the gameplay is fun. And the bullet physics are still pretty unique, not to mention how impactful combat feels.

My friend had the same issue after the patch, with crashes almost every 10 minutes. (Strangely I was unaffected on a rather similar setup)
As far as we could tell it also wasn't related at all to what weapons are in use, or anything else in-game.

What seems to have fixed it completely for him is using the "-dx11" command line flag. While with DX12 it was crashing very frequently, he hasn't had a single crash yet with DX11.
I might try and convince hubby to try this cuz I wanna get back to it. But he enjoys having HDR and stuff since he's lucky enough to have an OLED monitor. (It really pops in Returnal!!) :thinking-face:

Reactions: LRB1983

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Jez said it might release in June. If this is true, May and June will be crazy because two of the most anticipated open world games (Zelda and Starfield, 3 if you count Redfall) are releasing one after another.
Looking back over the past decade or so...it looks like both TLOU games came out in June so I guess it wouldn't be too uncommon. But still surprising.

The game will be massive and people will spend months discovering everything so it will be a fun summer game. This way Bethesda will have DLC ready for possible end of the year release too.

If Xbox is doing this then they must have something big releasing in the fall/winter outside of new Forza. I guess we could see Hellblade 2 come out in Oct/Nov. Also maybe new State of Decay could make it out b4 the end of the year.

I keep forgetting Diablo IV coming in June lmao. So that is another Xbox game unless the Activ deal gets axed. Or it gets delayed.

Starfield has to be late June release or early July.
The Steam summer sale is end of June too so this Summer is going to a lot of fun :steam_pigblanket:

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I played through the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty demo.

It's about what you'd expect from "Team Ninja makes a Sekiro-clone." There's a decent amount going on mechanically, and it feels good to play. In all other regards it feels worse than Sekiro (and less classy thanks to the anime-feel of the narrative). Still, it's enough fun that I think I'll preorder it. The PC port doesn't seem great, but it wasn't bad enough to harm the experience.

However, I was nearly apoplectic at a few points during the demo. The reason: the AI companions are abominations. It suddenly makes so much sense to me why Fromsoft didn't include multiplayer in Sekiro. With the focus on parries, you have to concentrate on the enemies' movements to time your deflects. So when your AI chucklefuck walks in front of the camera so he can boldly stand in front of the boss and do nothing, it's horribly distracting. When they hit the boss mid attack and stagger them, it feels like the companion stole your deflect. And unique to Wo Long: you get huge stamina damage for hitting enemies with a heavy attack after maxing out your spirit gauge. So when your AI companion draws aggro and lures the boss away from your full strength hit, it makes you want to kill your companion more than the boss.

I was ready to uninstall and remove the game from my wishlist when I figured out how to dismiss them Even though you summon them from a menu in the bonfire, you can't dismiss them from there. Gotta use an item (the Willow Branch) that the game either didn't tell me about or I missed in the mountain of tutorials. However, once I found that item and got to play the third boss solo, the frustration evaporated.

I realize I'm spending a lot of time being negative here, but I had a good time. It's just that when a game invites comparisons between itself and Sekiro, its warts are going to stand out.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Next Order is quite fun.
This was not at all planned, but somehow my first pair of Ultras ended up color-matching, lol.

They have since died of old age before hitting Mega and I'm on "round 2" of raising them. I used the same starter DigiEggs but they already diverged on their Rookie stage (previously had Wormmon and Solarmon, this time its Hagurumon and Gotsumon. Lets see what they'll evolve into this time. (I know the options already, but not all requirements, so no way to really completely plan around it).
I quite like the overarching progression-loop so far: Helping Digimon in the wild to unlock new features for the Town and gathering materials to upgrade parts of the Town, leveling up your Tamer to unluck various skills that help out with raising Digimons, Combat, etc and fighting new Digimon to unlock attacks you can equip on your own.
No issues with running it on the Deck either.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
update on real life stuff, and some game stuff to keep this in topic

met a girl some time ago; she's the most perfect, wonderful, kindest woman i've ever met
it's thanks to her that i have my friend group, and that i actually talk to people
but man, i fumbled the bag hard, there's no recovering - right now, i'm just doing chaos and destruction with Ecstacy of Gold by Morricone in the background

in topic with "digging your own grave, shovel by shovel, into an eternal descent" and "i exist and i find it nauseating" - i'm doing a quick playthrough of spec ops the line

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
I played through the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty demo.

It's about what you'd expect from "Team Ninja makes a Sekiro-clone." There's a decent amount going on mechanically, and it feels good to play. In all other regards it feels worse than Sekiro (and less classy thanks to the anime-feel of the narrative). Still, it's enough fun that I think I'll preorder it. The PC port doesn't seem great, but it wasn't bad enough to harm the experience.

However, I was nearly apoplectic at a few points during the demo. The reason: the AI companions are abominations. It suddenly makes so much sense to me why Fromsoft didn't include multiplayer in Sekiro. With the focus on parries, you have to concentrate on the enemies' movements to time your deflects. So when your AI chucklefuck walks in front of the camera so he can boldly stand in front of the boss and do nothing, it's horribly distracting. When they hit the boss mid attack and stagger them, it feels like the companion stole your deflect. And unique to Wo Long: you get huge stamina damage for hitting enemies with a heavy attack after maxing out your spirit gauge. So when your AI companion draws aggro and lures the boss away from your full strength hit, it makes you want to kill your companion more than the boss.

I was ready to uninstall and remove the game from my wishlist when I figured out how to dismiss them Even though you summon them from a menu in the bonfire, you can't dismiss them from there. Gotta use an item (the Willow Branch) that the game either didn't tell me about or I missed in the mountain of tutorials. However, once I found that item and got to play the third boss solo, the frustration evaporated.

I realize I'm spending a lot of time being negative here, but I had a good time. It's just that when a game invites comparisons between itself and Sekiro, its warts are going to stand out.
I've had a similar experience, it is very much built on Nioh, it plays well and there is a lot going on. For somebody like me who loved Nioh, if this game only gets better with playtime it might even be special (or turn out a stinker of course). But just like the Nioh games, in really any other measurement you can think of it's a comparatively poor experience.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Finished Returnal storyline with the secret ending. It's a very good game, just need
more cowbell :p

Might hold judgment for the replayability as a roguelike because I'm waiting for the patch that hopefully fix the ray tracing stuttering before playing the endless mode.

Still like Hades more though. Gods I can't wait for Hades II.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I played the Shadow Warrior 1 remake so long ago that I can’t remember. I skipped SW2 for now but I think that one was a looter shooter and 3 is definitely not that. SW3 is most like Doom 2016.
You have just increased my interest in 3 by a tremendous amount with just that last statement.

• Gib
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.