Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I'd actually still recommend reading the Witcher books before the games if you're so inclined, else you may spend some time like I did on wikis.

As even considering the events around Geralt's circumstances at the start of the first game, there are still many references to past events and the world in general - window dressing stuff to be sure, nothing essential but it left me feeling out of my depth for quite a bit of time.

Reactions: lashman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Another one down. Wasn't in the mood for a complicated game, so I chose a walking sim with Adrift or Adr1ft or whatever dumb name devs go with.
It's a solid game with an incredible first impression. The visual quality and sheer awe-inducing experience of floating in space is impressive. While short, later half feels like a slog because of repetitive tasks. In general, there is very little aesthetic change throughout the game which coupled with the 6DOF and dark emptiness of space makes for an easily confusing ride. You loose orientation in a matter of seconds, that's why I finished it in one sitting. Controls are pretty well done. The realistic slow movement of the player makes it comfortable to barrel-roll. thrust. ascend and so on.
The story is weak though, with all of it being told through audio logs and texts. They aren't interesting and so are the characters which consist of the player and the rest of the space station crew. Right of the start, you learn that everybody died in a catastrophic accident. Similar to the movie Gravity, your whole mission is to traverse the wreckage of the station to activate an emergency pod back to earth. To do that, you must go to and activate four parts of the station. The only obstacles are your sense of spatial orientation and the ever-fleeting oxygen reserves. Everywhere you go there are handy O2 canisters floating in space for you to refill. You have to experience Zero-G for yourself. Debris, boxes and all kinds of stuff is not only floating but also reacts physically correct to you. So cool.
Give it a try for the setting and well-executed feeling of being stranded in space alone. Wish I had a VR headset. Must be sweet for stuff like this.

I own this game, so I guess I could try it one of these days. It sure looks nice.

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It is free keys for catherine
All 5 hidden keys were redeemed so far.
apparently they registered way more in that package .... so expect there to be some sort of a giveaway in 3 days

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
3 copies left, 1 copy per day. Almost zero changes. All other subs are standard region locked stuff.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Also seems like all have been posted on time I'm at work (or on bus to home). Tho it probably won't bee too expensive soo :p

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also seems like all have been posted on time I'm at work (or on bus to home). Tho it probably won't bee too expensive soo :p
yeah, hopefully ... on the other hand, though - it's Atlus .... :p

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
And someone probably writes bot that monitors Sega game announcements for images, decodes, then ocrs and activates on steam by tomorrow.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And someone probably writes bot that monitors Sega game announcements for images, decodes, then ocrs and activates on steam by tomorrow.
yeah, wouldn't surprise me, lol ... people are thirsty af

Deleted member 113

Sorry for going completely OT for a moment, but I can't resist sharing: I'm at work, and a completely insane lady called the cops saying I assaulted her. :eek:
Really, here I am, an accountant, busy and quietly at work, and some woman comes in, starts insulting my colleagues, wants to speak at force with a colleague who isn't at work (she lost her mother on Friday, so she took a few days off), and when I told her since she was being rude, aggressive, and since she had paid only one of our monthly fees (in 9 months), we would stop working with her, she called the cops saying I assaulted her, and even wanted to call an ambulance. :unsure:

I ended up being interviewed by the cops, and thankfully, they didn't buy into her story. But, I'm not sure if I'll have any further "hassles" because of this.
Unbelievable. :cautious:

Deleted member 113

fucking hell ... sorry to hear that, dude :(
Yeah, the situation was so ridiculous, the cops even laughed at the whole thing. Obviously, she had no injuries.
And, thankfully, if any furthers situation arises, my 5 colleagues and 2 clients that were present would be witnesses.
But, again, what in the hell?!

Oh well.

In other news: how can I try to get one of those SEGA keys? :p

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Sorry for going completely OT for a moment, but I can't resist sharing: I'm at work, and a completely insane lady called the cops saying I assaulted her. :eek:
Really, here I am, an accountant, busy and quietly at work, and some woman comes in, starts insulting my colleagues, wants to speak at force with a colleague who isn't at work (she lost her mother on Friday, so she took a few days off), and when I told her since she was being rude, aggressive, and since she had paid only one of our monthly fees (in 9 months), we would stop working with her, she called the cops saying I assaulted her, and even wanted to call an ambulance. :unsure:

I ended up being interviewed by the cops, and thankfully, they didn't buy into her story. But, I'm not sure if I'll have any further "hassles" because of this.
bitches be crazy.

i know its not really funny but damn are there some crazy ass people in the world

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
In other news: how can I try to get one of those SEGA keys? :p
well apparently there are 3 left .... so you have to keep watching community pages for all SEGA games on steam - and decode each new picture before everyone else when they post it each day

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

bitches be crazy.

i know its not really funny but damn are there some crazy ass people in the world
Tell me about it.
To make it even more perplexing, among other things, she was claiming I only acted that way because I was racist, since she was Brazilian.
Well, the client I was speaking to when the whole thing happened was... Brazilian. He was telling me more or less the exact same thing you were telling me.

There are some very unbalanced people around.
Imagine this situation, but I'm alone in the office with her, with no witnesses. I would probably risk some serious problems and hassles because of... nothing.

Oh well, it was certainly a different way to start my week. :giggle:

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas

I'm sorry to hear that, man. We live in a such a crazy world. I'm sure all will be fine on your end.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Damn every time you think you're done with DQXI the game throws another 20 hour piece at you. This is not a good game to play if you're trying to make progress on your backlog. After 65 hours I did what seemed like the last part and the game was like "ha that's cute".

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Friendly reminder that Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 started today and it's still as good as ever.
Season 1 is available on your favorite anime store, Steam.

Don't ask me why you'd buy it there ourside of the novelty factor, though, but it means it's not even offtopic here, bwahahaha.

Season 1's opening is still one of the greatest things ever.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Tell me about it.
To make it even more perplexing, among other things, she was claiming I only acted that way because I was racist, since she was Brazilian.
Well, the client I was speaking to when the whole thing happened was... Brazilian. He was telling me more or less the exact same thing you were telling me.

There are some very unbalanced people around.
Imagine this situation, but I'm alone in the office with her, with no witnesses. I would probably risk some serious problems and hassles because of... nothing.

Oh well, it was certainly a different way to start my week. :giggle:
Oh my, what a situation you were put in. Some people overreact and believe they are like supreme beings. I hope you are ok, try to think positively, it can't get much worse the rest of the year (crossing fingers).

Status
Not open for further replies.