Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Love the smell of a new Steam thread in the morning at noon.

Can't wait for the second episode of LiS2. It's been ages, but I hope it's as good as the first one.

F.E.A.R. is a masterpiece, and it's great to see it featured in the OP. I've been meaning to replay it the way it is suggested (highest difficulty, no slo mo) for eons, but I never did. Perhaps I will do it this month, with the Steam Controller.

Reactions: lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Happy new year! I completed FEAR just last month, it still holds up! Also, someone talk to me about Onimusha since I know absolutely nothing about it.

Reactions: lashman and RionaaM

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Happy new year! I completed FEAR just last month, it still holds up! Also, someone talk to me about Onimusha since I know absolutely nothing about it.
Feudal Japan, historical figures mixed with demons and other supernatural stuff, saving a princess from said demons, some puzzle solving along the way.

It’s a good game and the action still holds up, which can’t be said for every action game from that generation.

Someone else will do it more justice, but it’s good.

drastic

Dec 31, 2018
Any recommendations for tower defense with controller support? Something like Defense Grid?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Any recommendations for tower defense with controller support? Something like Defense Grid?
technically - with the steam controller API all games have controller support now ;)

either way - try Sanctum

Reactions: drastic

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hmmmm
Купить Grand Theft Auto Collection и скачать

Apparently this pack contains GTA 1 and 2, and one website I looked up seems to confirm it.
I am trying to register but to no avail so far, but if anyone manages to get it and confirm that the games redeem do let us know.
Post automatically merged:

Isn’t it forever $4.99 at Fanatical?
It is USD 2.49 over at GOG.com I think? That's only for FEAR 1 btw.

Ryne

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2018
What do you people do to prevent giving up on games 1/3rd of the way through? I beat a few games last year but for the vast majority I couldn't get past the first third of the game.

I think part of the reason is because a good game comes out all the time, and I do put in long hours and only have so much time to game. Also that I idle on NBA 2K19 too much.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What do you people do to prevent giving up on games 1/3rd of the way through? I beat a few games last year but for the vast majority I couldn't get past the first third of the game.

I think part of the reason is because a good game comes out all the time, and I do put in long hours and only have so much time to game. Also that I idle on NBA 2K19 too much.
i just keep them installed until i finish them .... i've had TW3 installed since release .... :p

Reactions: Ryne

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

Don't play too many games concurrently.

Last year I stuck to one or two GaaS games (rotating between Lol, Dota, Fortnite, R6S, FFXIV and Warframe), and then one or two (at most) non-GaaS games.

Same thing happens if I try to watch too many shows or read too many books at once. Got to focus.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Too bad I already have everything but 1&2, otherwise I would've purchased that pack long ago. Or if it at least did give gift copies.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i just bought the pack when it still had 1 and 2 included ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: madjoki

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
my best description for the game is ninja gaiden mixed with resident evil at a time when id put capcom on their highest place for 3d gaming
Ok, I know Resident Evil but I don't know Ninja Gaiden. Youtube suggests that NG is kind of a brawler? So Onimusha might be an action game with horror elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.