Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Data breach in Town of Salem. Just got a message from haveibeenpwnd.

If you owned it and happened to use a duplicate password in it, best change it!

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Slowly getting the feeling sale cards aren't dropping randomized and a dude at Valve is having a giggle!
For the people who have not sold their cards, you could use the same bot as I did:

[24/7 Bot ✅] Free 1:1 Winter Sale 2018 Cards Swap [open] :: Steam Trading Cards Group

someone either needs to volunteer to count or to create a bot to do it like some forums have.

way too much work for me though lol.
Counting is not a problem. I have some code to apply Schulze method. It is a different method from the Borda count which is used on Era. However, when used on last year's data, it returned the same top 10, albeit with a few differences (Divinity Original Sin 2 and Hollow Knight switched, and a permutation of games ranked between 7 and 10).

It takes as input a text file with ballots on each row (name of voter, followed by his votes if any, from least preferred (#5) to most preferred (#1) Steam game):

then matches each game with a Steam appID (to get rid of typos and inconsistencies in names), checks that the release date is correct (based on the Steam store page), and returns the ranking:

The unsolved issues are:
  • collecting the data: the ballots could be collected via PM, and then manually copied-pasted/automatically parsed and stacked into an Excel file,
  • more importantly, getting the thread done (game banners, user reviews). That is a lot of work. See SteamEra Games of the Year Awards 2017

Last edited:

voodoo

Dec 12, 2018
For those not already aware, and looking to complete their steam trading card sets (including the winter event), this site can help you:

SteamTrade Matcher - Home

You need to make your steam profile public, so it can scan your inventory to match you up to other STM users automatically for 1:1 trades for missing cards in the same set. Trades marked as Trade Bot are automated once the trade is received, and usually are accepted in seconds.

If you don't like the idea of making your profile public, you can try your luck by trading directly against 1:1 card swap bots, of which many popular ones can be found here:

ASF STM Bots

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The data collection process would look like that. Sorry!

Read the rules first and send me a PM to ask for a link to the Frama form.

The categories for voting:
  • Game of the Year Award
  • DLC of the Year (Optional)
  • Early Access of the Year (Optional)
  • Turd of the Year (Optional)
GOTY Awards:
  • Up to 5 choices can be submitted (ranked voting without point):
    5th Choice
    4th Choice
    3rd Choice
    2nd Choice
    1st Choice
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTY.
Other awards
  • DLC / EARLY ACCESS / TURD are all optional voting criteria, one vote for each criterion.
Do not...
  • Do not choose DLC or Early Access as part of the GOTY criteria.
  • Do not submit the same game more than once.
  • Do not vote twice, if there is a problem contact me.
  • Do not submit a game from previous years or from future years.
You can...
  • You can submit games from other PC store fronts this year (Epic, GOG, Origin, etc.).
  • You can submit less than 5 games, but you must submit at least 1 game.
Other small notes
  • Any rogue votes or tampering will result in the vote/s being disqualified.
  • Do not share the link, it is only for you and it is to verify who has posted.
  • If there is a problem, please contact me.
Deadline: Sunday 20th January at 00:00 GMT / Saturday 19th January at 19:00 EST.

Last edited:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Everyone should play Sleeping Dogs, I loved that game. It's one of the few I've actually finished!
I've owned that for centuries and never played more than the demo. I also got the remastered edition because why not. Maybe I should try it someday.

Also, your username always makes me want to put Sweet Oblivion or Uncle Anesthesia at full volume haha.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
What's the latest Humble Monthly can be cancelled before it's auto renewed?

I got the 3 month deal and want to cancel before it renews itself

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Given that i mainly buy stuff and then don't play it for ages i'm thinking of running a BGiPTY poll for "Best Game i Played This Year" as i rarely play current, water-cooler games in the year of release. I think it would have to be a game you installed rather than one of the eternally-installed comfort-games we all have. I think i'll bring it up to the lads at the Procrastinatorium later...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Steam Community :: Tizoc :: Screenshots

Silly Volvo, why won't you put my non steam game screenshots on the Activity Feed. Peeps should be complaining about this instead of 30%.
Post automatically merged:

This is giving me Fez vibes for some reason

https://www.indiegala.com/hump-day-indie-steam-bundle-67-steam-bundle
New Indiegala bundle, I only want The Crown of Leaves, which I'll likely grab later tonight on Steam :V

Last edited:

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I spent too much on the Seal.

Given that i mainly buy stuff and then don't play it for ages i'm thinking of running a BGiPTY poll for "Best Game i Played This Year" as i rarely play current, water-cooler games in the year of release. I think it would have to be a game you installed rather than one of the eternally-installed comfort-games we all have. I think i'll bring it up to the lads at the Procrastinatorium later...
That’s a great idea. I’m in the same boat.

Deleted member 113

Damage report when? Post your seal damage!

For me
Dragon Quest 11 from GMG
I bought too much stuff to list. :oops:

I bought a lot of stuff outside of Steam, but even on Steam, I was checking my purchases page, and I did go a bit overboard with my purchases in the last week or so. :unsure:

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
I started playing Adam Wolfe yesterday and lemme tell you I like it a lot. Pls don't jump to buy it right away, it's pretty bad lol
but not without merit, I like the story and atmosphere and VA is nice, and gameplay is passable, nothing to write home about though.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Stuff I picked up that was on sale that I'm excited to play this year:
  • MM Legacy Collection 2
  • MM X Collection 1 & 2
  • MM 11
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Yakuza 0
  • Rabi-Rabi
  • The Messenger
  • Bloodstained: CotM
  • DUSK (I'm already playing...)
  • AssCreedOrg
  • Hellblade: SS
  • Dead Cells
  • Donut County
  • Celeste
  • Into the Breach
  • Slay the Spire
Stuff I picked up that was not on sale:
  • R-Type Dimensions
  • Ghost Blade HD
  • Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
  • Jamestown
I bought more stuff, but these are the highlights.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
I don't see any Falcom games on that list, can't approve it, you have to do better!
.... unless you have them all already #Senpai , do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.